Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Running Club in Cork

• 10-09-2019 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi!

I’ve just moved to Cork and am looking to join a running club, mostly for mid-week speed sessions on the track. I’ve been in a running club, before I moved to Cork, for about 6 years and I’d be a “middle of the pack” type of runner - probably running about 22 minutes for 5km.

I’ll be living close to the Mardyke track so I’d like to join a club that trains there. All I’m looking for really is a club that will have a group running my pace. And it’d be nice if they had a bit of a social scene, so that I might meet a few familiar faces at local road races etc.

I’ll mostly be racing cross country over the Winter, so I’d like to train with people who might also be doing some cross country too if possible.

Thanks for any and all suggestions! :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

St. Finbarrs AC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭Itziger

Many, many moons ago I ran with St Finbarrs so that would be my first love. Leevale were the big bad opponents. You'd be safe enough with either. A few lads I know now train with Eagle but they do their track session out in CIT. (You could jog out as your warm up!)

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭spc78

St Finbarrs AC. Very friendly, really does cater for all abilities and they promote cross country - they encourage everyone to enter all available cross country races.

Track Training is on the Mardyke Track 6pm Wednesdays and 6pm Fridays, just come along and introduce yourself and try it out before joining.

Advertisement