Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Revolut Megathread.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

My virtual card was replaced yesterday evening, via an App notification. The original Visa equivalent is still there but its replacement is indeed a Mastercard. The Visa will be inactive in around 60 days, as I have it hooked up as my primary payment on my Google Pay, I've now swapped it over to the Mastercard equivalent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I tried to pay my Airtricity Bill this evening using my Revolut Card.

Revolut declined the payment even though I have more than sufficient funds. I queried it using the chat function and the agent told my that the Airtricity Billing System not 3D Secure compliant, and any payments over 250€ will be declined.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems strange as Airtricity use Realex Payments.

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭garrettod

I think I've had to request help about three times, in the last six months - most recently, today.

Experience with their support has been pretty poor tbh. Having got past their "bot", I find that there staff are not well trained, take ages to reply, and when they do, they usually send some loosely relevant pre-written script, in response to my questions. I then have to go through 10-15 minutes of nonsense, and unnecessary delays, before finally getting sick of the stupidity, and insisting that they put their superior on the conversation. That in turn sometimes takes a while, but ultimately gets you speaking with someone with a bit of common sense, and capability.

Unfortunitely, the end result is always the same - a good 30 mins wasted, and stress levels unnecessarily raised, to deal with something fairly simple.

Some people wonder why they haven't managed to get Regulator approval, from the Irish Central Bank, as yet - I think it's fairly obvious myself, tbh.

Thanks,

G.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭magoo84

I haven't been able to log into my account from my phone since the 7th of Feb. I installed the app on a new phone, and when I type in my mobile number it tells me "the verification code or phone number you've used is incorrect." I can log in via the web app but that only allows you to add money or view your balance, not send money. I've contacted their support multiple times but keep getting told it's a "technical issue" that they're working to resolve.

That's just not believable - any widespread issues logging in would be resolved within a couple of days as it would hurt their bottom line too much. My guess is they've frozen my account for security or anti-fraud reasons, though I'm not sure why, and they're just not telling me. It's made me realise how untrustworthy the company is. You couldn't possibly keep large sums in a Revolut account if there's going to be a risk of seemingly arbitrary account suspensions and their support aren't going to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

magoo84 wrote: »
    I haven't been able to log into my account from my phone since the 7th of Feb. I installed the app on a new phone, and when I type in my mobile number it tells me "the verification code or phone number you've used is incorrect." I can log in via the web app but that only allows you to add money or view your balance, not send money. I've contacted their support multiple times but keep getting told it's a "technical issue" that they're working to resolve.

That's just not believable - any widespread issues logging in would be resolved within a couple of days as it would hurt their bottom line too much. My guess is they've frozen my account for security or anti-fraud reasons, though I'm not sure why, and they're just not telling me. It's made me realise how untrustworthy the company is. You couldn't possibly keep large sums in a Revolut account if there's going to be a risk of seemingly arbitrary account suspensions and their support aren't going to help.
    Thats why you never keep anything over a grand in there, cause you could always lose contrary to what people say here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

garrettod wrote: »
    I think I've had to request help about three times, in the last six months - most recently, today.

Experience with their support has been pretty poor tbh. Having got past their "bot", I find that there staff are not well trained, take ages to reply, and when they do, they usually send some loosely relevant pre-written script, in response to my questions. I then have to go through 10-15 minutes of nonsense, and unnecessary delays, before finally getting sick of the stupidity, and insisting that they put their superior on the conversation. That in turn sometimes takes a while, but ultimately gets you speaking with someone with a bit of common sense, and capability.

Unfortunitely, the end result is always the same - a good 30 mins wasted, and stress levels unnecessarily raised, to deal with something fairly

simple.

preaching to the choir here i had the same experience when trying to deal with fraudulent transactions

Some people wonder why they haven't managed to get Regulator approval, from the Irish Central Bank, as yet - I think it's fairly obvious myself, tbh.

Preaching to the choir here i had the same experience when trying to deal with fraudulent transactions nightmare.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

The account balance widget on Android is badly designed, visually, and doesn't update after a transaction.
    Poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,369 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Anyway to remove cards from an account. Way too many and just want the to use the grey premium one I got when I signed up for a month to buy a car without fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Go into cards then click on the card you want rid of and click settings and select terminate card.

I'd keep a spare one , maybe freeze it in app and keep it somewhere safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Mr.S wrote: »
    I’m due to receive a relatively large payment in CHF - am I right in saying that that I only need to provide my standard Revolut IBAN (LT coded) and the payment will be received in CHF and not automatically converted to EUR?

I'm guessing that you need to go into the app and open a CHF account. Then use that IBAN.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭The DayDream

It might just create the other currency account, I received a refund in GBP and it went into a new pounds account automatically. I never even got any notification for it and wasn't aware it was there at all, sent about 5 emails over 3 weeks to the company i sent the stuff back to telling them I was still waiting for the money when it was there all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,144 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

In my experience if you receive a payment in a supported currency it stays in that supported currency.

The did away with different IBANs for different currencies a long while ago and with the move to LT that does not seem to have changed.

I would open a wallet in the currency you expect but I have seen that being done automatically too.

Once you opened the currency wallet and click on the flag next to the balance it will show you the IBAN to use or if there is a local option (like UK) it will display another tab and show you both.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,026 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Anyone else having issues with delayed transactions more and more lately. It’s been happening regularly for me for nearly a month now. It’s getting quite tricky to keep track of my balance because of it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Buffman

ciarsd wrote: »
    My virtual card was replaced yesterday evening, via an App notification. The original Visa equivalent is still there but its replacement is indeed a Mastercard. The Visa will be inactive in around 60 days, as I have it hooked up as my primary payment on my Google Pay, I've now swapped it over to the Mastercard equivalent.

I've had the same happen with 3 separate Visa virtuals, all replaced with Mastercards. It must be a commercial decision. Bit of a pain changing everything over so hopefully they don't make a habit of it.

FYI, if you move to a 'smart' meter electricity plan, you CAN'T move back to a non-smart plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Niall20

Received an offer from Revolut today to upgrade my card to a premium or metal account and receive 20% cashback on grocery shopping over the next 2 months (up to a total of €48 on Metal or €24 on Premium).

Has anyone else got this offer? Is it a good deal? Can't decide if the premium packages are worth the extra or not

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭purplestar77

I got this offer email also. Seemed really great at first glance (I thought you could get €120 cashback :D but no such luck)

The cost of metal is €13.99 per month and the max savings are €24 so you are only making a tenner on it per month. Personally I don't think is worth the bother for 2 months, and I would have to cancel the metal plan afterwards?

I think you have to commit to 12 months regardless. Agreed that it effectively just means a small discount off for a years subscription, just wondered if anyone thought it was worth it these days for those higher plans? Seems like fairly minimal benefits to me and i'm a heavy user of the free card

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Niall20 wrote: »
    Received an offer from Revolut today to upgrade my card to a premium or metal account and receive 20% cashback on grocery shopping over the next 2 months (up to a total of €48 on Metal or €24 on Premium).

Has anyone else got this offer? Is it a good deal? Can't decide if the premium packages are worth the extra or not
    I got the offer, and right now, it doesn't seem like an enticing enough offer for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭Linoge

Niall20 wrote: »

I dont know where they are getting their maths from. They say its 20% on Metal card up to a max spend of €120 which is €24, but then on the same offer they are saying that you can save €48 per month. Its not making any sense to me

I think thats deliberately misleading to make it sound better than it is.. €24 per month for 2 months = €48 total

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 adventures

spend 120x2 months = €48
    * From 5th March 2021 to 4th April 2021 (the “March Campaign”); and
    * From 5th April 2021 to 4th May 2021 (the “April Campaign”),

It is not a good deal as you would need to sign up for at least 2 months cancellation fee €28

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭112143

Is the offer only for two months or does it carry on?

Just for 2 months

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

Anyone having issues adding money?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,192 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

When I click on the text message link and I open the app it says
    we're sorry, something has gone wrong, Please try again later.
    This has been for 2 days, and the app wont open.
    Payment shows as pending in the App
    edit
    Uninstalled the app and now it wont reinstall on Android

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭paska

When I click on the text message link and I open the app it says
    we're sorry, something has gone wrong, Please try again later.
    This has been for 2 days, and the app wont open.
    Payment shows as pending in the App
    edit
    Uninstalled the app and now it wont reinstall on Android

Clutching at straws but did you restart your phone and try to install again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 ✭✭✭markc1184

paska wrote: »
    Clutching at straws but did you restart your phone and try to install again?

I eventually deleted and reinstalled the app and everything has worked fine since.

Thanks, rebooted from cold 10 or more times, now the app won't load so looks like I will need to get a new phone as it loads on my partners android

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,652 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Have you checked your phone memory, if near full it won't install.

• Advertisement

delly wrote: »
    Have you checked your phone memory, if near full it won't install.

Thanks will have look, I put it on another one got an interim solution
    ps 20 Gb left! :)

Advertisement