Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

French Oral - Document?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭EmmetF

That post was (my bad, didn't know I couldn't say) btw, dunno why that's censored.

Edit: The festival in question was in early July.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭BanzaiBk

EmmetF wrote: »
    That post was O X E G E N btw, dunno why that's censored.

No talk of that promoter;) (read the stickies)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

My French teacher is of the belief that one isn't marked on their document and that it's only put in to calm the student... so we're not doing one.
    My apathy towards French since the Junior Cert has grown such that I'm not going to bother doing one on my own time. I'll just pray for the best come exam day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

My French teacher is of the belief that one isn't marked on their document and that it's only put in to calm the student... so we're not doing one.
    wtf? Of course you're marked on your document. In fact, IIRC, it counts for about 20%(maybe 10%, I can't remember) which otherwise would just be distributed as part of the normal convo.
    My apathy towards French since the Junior Cert has grown such that I'm not going to bother doing one on my own time. I'll just pray for the best come exam day.
    I was apathetic too. But think of it this way, they can mark you completely on random things they ask you or mark you on random things as well as something definite. It's a lot smarter to do a document IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah it seems like a good idea, but currently I've not the time (nor desire) to do it. Also I'd say if you had it badly prepared you'd be penalised more harshly than say, having a bad answer to a random question put to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

EmmetF wrote: »
    Ok well I'm gonna go with the Music theme. I want 4 pictures and esto presto 4 things to talk about. I've a pic of

- Music festivals
    Arctic Monkeys - Fav band
    50 Cent live - Concert I was at recently

need one more though, any suggestions?

I'd be careful with your document there. I know it sounds stupid but if you have a picture of something or someone controversial you could be asked abstract questions. 50 cent is involved with gangs and guns etc and the examiner could ask you about problems like that in ireland! Alot of examiners try to catch students out! It happened to me with foreign sports in croke park but i bulleed my way through and got an A1

Oh thanks, I never really considered that. Well for tomorrow I should be ok, I don't think my teacher will be that stingy and ask me something like that. I'll definitely prepare it better for the Oral Exam.

Just thought I'd let you all know my document worked a charm 2day. I mentioned I lost my wallet at Kanye West and she started talking about how she lost hers recently, all I had to do was agree with how tragic it was! :D

Merci à tous de votre aide!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,225 ✭✭✭fillefatale

BE prepared for anything.
    I had a large collage with me, then she started asking me questions about was I artistic and how creative I was.. I wasn't prepared for a question like that, so I got nervous and kept repeating myself. I didn't get the grade I wanted needless to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭cson

Holy dead thread resurrection Batman! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭SRFC90

yup, defo bringing in something. it's an easy way to learn off lines, talk about something you like, and most important.. calm yourself by banging out a few lines ya know n have prepared!!:D

im doing mine on my favourite band and the concert i saw them at! thinkin of putting some pics and a bitta of info about them on an A4/A3 sized sheet! that sound ok?? like would my writing have to be in french or english on the sheet!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Just bring a pic tbh.

I personally just took down an A4 sheet of paper, on which was printed a picture of my favourite band, off the wall in my room, brought it in and talked about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Fanatic4Life

I've a mock oral on Tuesday :S Gonna bring in a document, hope to talk about the film Paris, je t'aime. I've been trying to figure out what sort of q's I'm likely to be asked...any suggestions? Anyone else do one on a film?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 oscartrump

I need to present a french document to my class on Tuesday.Yes thats only a little over 48hrs!!!Im a good french student and im going for an A1 but just cant think of anything to do.I want it to be original though!i dont want to do a sports trip, family holiday or a concert. any ideas?????wat are all u guys doing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭Coeurdepirate

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Je suis desolé ma copain, c'est "je NE suis pas".

Good **** at it though.
    C'est drôle que tu lui as corrigé, tous les Français disent 'je suis pas'. Et c'est 'mon copain', pas 'ma copain'. Bonne effort, mais ceux qui corrigent les autres quand ils font des fautes aussi ont l'air d'être très, très stupide à mon avis. :)

On topic, yes, i'll be going in armed!

Edit: Just noticed how old this thread is. *awaits scolding from mod* :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I have an amazing document, if I do say so myself :P

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

charm alone anyone?? :P

ill make a document sometime soon :pac:

oh, et coeur, tu as fait des erreurs aussi. je te laisserai les trouver tout seule! ;)

(nah ill tell you - its font, not faisent :P air très stupide, oui! :P)

Patchy~ wrote: »
    charm alone anyone?? :P

ill make a document sometime soon :pac:

oh, et coeur, tu as fait des erreurs aussi. je te laisserai les trouver tout seule! ;)

(nah ill tell you - its font, not faisent :P air très stupide, oui! :P)

Hahahah whatever man :p yeah I was typing out notes for my document earlier and it said faisent was wrong so I was like hmmm...OH **** I'M RETARDED!

Hahahah whatever man :p yeah I was typing out notes for my document earlier and it said faisent was wrong so I was like hmmm...OH **** I'M RETARDED!
    haha same thing happened to me before! she was like this should be this, that should be that...and i assume you know whats wrong with this ("children do the dishes") i was like ....est-ce qu'ils ne faisent pas la vaiselle? :pac: well at least we know now! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Armed, of course. :P

And I quite like the idea suggested earlier in the thread about being extremely dramatic when introducing the document - "VOILA!! MON DOCUMENT!!" :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Sean.

When it comes to the document, I'm going to be utterly eccentric!

SIDE NOTE: How long can we spend talking about the document? Will the examiner cut me off at any point?

Sean. wrote: »
    When it comes to the document, I'm going to be utterly eccentric!

SIDE NOTE: How long can we spend talking about the document? Will the examiner cut me off at any point?
    My teacher is new so she might be wrong but she said if they see the document straight away they might ask you it and you can talk about it for the whole thing or for as long as you have prepared!

My teacher is new so she might be wrong but she said if they see the document straight away they might ask you it and you can talk about it for the whole thing or for as long as you have prepared!

Yes! Going to spend half my time talking about the document :D

Sean. wrote: »
    Yes! Going to spend half my time talking about the document :D
    Make sure they see it straight away, stick it your face or something :D

Make sure they see it straight away, stick it your face or something :D

Or when they ask you about yourself just say "alors, J'ADORE les documents!!" :D

Bonjour, je m'appelle David, j'ai document ans. Oh pardon, je pense toujours des documents car ils m'intéressent tant! :D

I wasn't going to whip it out straight after going into the room. Here's my plan: the document takes me about 4 minutes to recite so I'll look at my watch and 4 minutes from the end of the interview I'll say "Ahh, Avant d'oublier, j'apporte un document!" That way the examiner won't have any time at the end to ask me questions about the document, brilliant! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Manic2

So I'm making mine about TV show, Lost. It's like the greatest show in existance :D

So I have anticipated questions on My favourite character, Least favourite character, favourite scene, The general story line, whether the acting is good and why I like it.

Anyone got any other ideas on what I could anticipate? :)

I'm only doing pass, and teaching french to myself outside of school to meet entry requirements, so my standards will be very poor in comparison to others. :P

Manic2 wrote: »
    So I'm making mine about TV show, Lost. It's like the greatest show in existance :D

So I have anticipated questions on My favourite character, Least favourite character, favourite scene, The general story line, whether the acting is good and why I like it.

Anyone got any other ideas on what I could anticipate? :)

I'm only doing pass, and teaching french to myself outside of school to meet entry requirements, so my standards will be very poor in comparison to others. :P

Doubt they'd ask you much more than that for pass!

• Advertisement

I'm doing racism in sport this year, what kind of questions do ye think they might ask?

Advertisement