Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Laser eye surgery with optilase

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭sportsfan90

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Anyone a referral please?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1 themarkedone

Hi, just looking for a referral if anyone has one. Thanks

Hi, just looking for a referral if anyone has one. Thanks

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

hobes wrote: »
    No, not after the initial consultation, and most definitely not after the procedure itself.

Why cant you drive after the initial consultation, do they do something to your eyes during it? And for how many hours can you not drive?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Why cant you drive after the initial consultation, do they do something to your eyes during it? And for how many hours can you not drive?

They give you drops to dilate your pupils. Get blurred vision afterwards. Hard to read your phone/look at TV.
    I didn't drive till next day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,609 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Ah right, didnt know that, thanks. Do they tell you not to drive until the next day or can you drive some hours later?

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Ah right, didnt know that, thanks. Do they tell you not to drive until the next day or can you drive some hours later?

From my confirmation email.
    During the consultation, which will take approximately one hour, your Optometrist will use some dilating drops on your eyes which will leave your vision blurry and sensitive to light for around 8hrs. For this reason, we recommend that you avoid driving during this period. Although you can still continue your day as normal, computer work and reading may be difficult. You may also need a pair of sunglasses after your appointment to help with any sensitivity to light.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Oakley Faint Jacuzzi

Any chance of a referral ? I've already been given my price, is it too late now ?

Any chance of a referral ? I've already been given my price, is it too late now ?

Pm sent

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭,mnb

Has anyone got a referral code. Thaks

• Advertisement

,mnb wrote: »
    Has anyone got a referral code. Thaks

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MonikaCh84

Hi, just looking for a referral if anyone has one.

thank you

MonikaCh84 wrote: »
    Hi, just looking for a referral if anyone has one.

thank you

Pm sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Oakley Faint Jacuzzi

Got PRK with optilase on Saturday,vision still very fuzzy. Is that normal? Getting slightly worried

Got PRK with optilase on Saturday,vision still very fuzzy. Is that normal? Getting slightly worried

Thats surely a question for Optilase? When is your follow up appointment?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

My experience was a bit of fuzziness was normal for a few days while the eyes were healing but I would encourage you to call Optilase if you are concerned. You have your usual post op appointments but if necessary, they will schedule another appointment to ensure everything is ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭zzxx

Hi
    Looking for a discount code if anyone has one.
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 37 peachypyro

zzxx wrote: »
    Hi
    Looking for a discount code if anyone has one.
    Thanks!

Message sent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Sandrease

Hello. I got a call back from Optilase and they quoted me 3790e straight without initial consultation on the phone. Does anyone know what is this quote based on? They haven’t even seen me yet.
    Could anyone send me a referral code please?

Sandrease wrote: »
    Hello. I got a call back from Optilase and they quoted me 3790e straight without initial consultation on the phone. Does anyone know what is this quote based on? They haven’t even seen me yet.

PM Sent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 sarah23lou

Sent you a pm😊
    Sandrease wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Alex86Eire

I got LASIK last July in Optilase in Cork. I was absolutely terrified - fainted at the consultation so wasn't sure if I'd actually be able to go through with it.
    It was the best thing I've ever done! I've had glasses for about 16 years and to be free of them and contact lenses at last was amazing.
    I found optilase great to deal with - aftercare is excellent too.

Feel free to message me if you're looking for information or PM me for a code. I haven't been able to give it to anyone yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Fernny

I'd appreciate a referral code please. Thanks!

Fernny wrote: »

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Tr_18

Fernny wrote: »

PM'd

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RL198914

RL198914 wrote: »

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭gabria

Could someone send me referral code as well ? Remote working is making my eyes go on fire!

gabria wrote: »
    Could someone send me referral code as well ? Remote working is making my eyes go on fire!

PM sent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Fathead

Have my consultation on Wednesday, could someone pass along a referal code please.

Advertisement