Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

• 10-03-2018 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭

Hi sorry ref no link for this,phone sales vodaphone PAYG ,e20 per month, unlimited calls,few international calls, 15 GB etc,I'm with Tesco and it never gets 4g,let alone 3g,called exclusive PAYG,think it's a loyalty deal for current vodaphone customers (I have siro )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,077 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Any ideas how to get the offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,627 ✭✭✭corks finest

Hi yeah,I rang sales , request a call back,(think it's mostly for current VF customers, broadband or whatever) I got through to a call centre in Belfast, SIM card in the post,one month free

• Registered Users Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭jeffk

I got one of these calls because I was an old customer and they cold call them to get you back.

Top up by E20 for data and texts, then use E15 for calls, then E5 left over, its an old student deal from few years ago

Be prepared for hassle, I had so much messing with porting then getting the deal as it "doesn't exist"

But I think its worth it all as Vodafone is meant to be the best

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Vodafone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

And they have a "talk to" on boards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

jeffk wrote: »
    I got one of these calls because I was an old customer and they cold call them to get you back.

Top up by E20 for data and texts, then use E15 for calls, then E5 left over, its an old student deal from few years ago

Be prepared for hassle, I had so much messing with porting then getting the deal as it "doesn't exist"

I had exactly the same issue actually went on for near 3 months.
    SIM didn't exist either even though they sent it.

It's only available to existing customers such as broadband/TV subscribers.

vicwatson wrote: »

Where you do all the talking and EVENTUALLY they might talk back

I'm waiting since Monday to sort issue using Vodafone billing to buy apps on google play, so wouldn't say the customer cares that great

I had exactly the same issue actually went on for near 3 months.
    SIM didn't exist either even though they sent it.

It's only available to existing customers such as broadband/TV subscribers.

I got the sim ok, and about a day later went to work after my number didn't port. Say took about a week to eventually get it ironed out

Also was happy enough on the old meteor simplicity E20 deal, the cold caller caught me out and had me signed up without really thinking, suppose that's their job

I got the sim ok, and about a day later went to work after my number didn't port. Say took about a week to eventually get it ironed out

Also was happy enough on the old meteor simplicity E20 deal, the cold caller caught me out and had me signed up without really thinking, suppose that's their job

I went from 25 very similar but no 4g.

Very happy with Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

is unlimited any network calls?

will it stay at €20 a month or will it go up a couple of months after I switch?

is this deal on their website to get more details?

• Advertisement

donegal. wrote: »

€20 top up then you select what you want if using calls you text talk to 50233 and it takes €15 but once you top up by €20 your internet and text are applied

Thanks for the valid information,can't take the abysmal Tesco data any more,Joe to God the porting is easier now, thanks

One month free AFAIK the calls are included,,hope so

Thanks for the valid information,can't take the abysmal Tesco data any more,Joe to God the porting is easier now, thanks 3 month's?

€20 top up then you select what you want if using calls you text talk to 50233 and it takes €15 but once you top up by €20 your internet and text are applied
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

Whats this about tesco? Do l have to have a tesco mobile or something?

Im with vodafone 15yrs...didnt hear of this offer

vicwatson wrote: »

Where you do all the talking and EVENTUALLY they might talk back

I'm waiting since Monday to sort issue using Vodafone billing to buy apps on google play, so wouldn't say the customer cares that great
    Getting worried now

Nothing to do with Tesco only people are porting their number over from such or three etc.

If you have broadband or TV they are calling to give offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I dont have either with them, just my phone. Am I still entitled to the offet?

I dont have either with them, just my phone. Am I still entitled to the offet?

Doubt it.

It's an offer they call you if eligible.

• Advertisement

Nothing to do with Tesco only people are porting their number over from such or three etc.

If you have broadband or TV they are calling to give offer.
    I got a call from a Belfast call centre ,rang them back etc , might be worth it

Thanks
    It's a monthly roll over,I was told

I'm leaving Tesco,reason I rang them

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

I recommend you check out the Eir (eir) website, and their deals, 30 day rolling contract, 15GB data and free any network calls, plus your YouTube/WhatsApp/Line/Facebook etc is free (doesn't come off your 15GB allowance). Watch YouTube vids all day every day, free.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Vodafone have NOT said they won't reintroduce roaming charges after Brexit. :mad:

Given they have an international network this is something completely in their control. It's not like the UK govt can force them to charge more to use their own network. And the EU is very clear on roaming charges.

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    I recommend you check out the Eir (eir) website, and their deals, 30 day rolling contract, 15GB data and free any network calls, plus your YouTube/WhatsApp/Line/Facebook etc is free (doesn't come off your 15GB allowance). Watch YouTube vids all day every day, free.
    No chance,thank you,was with them for years broadband, customer care really sucks,I'm left 18 plus months,and still receiving an email bill, ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaSCaDe711

Each to their own I guess, I left Vodafone (PAYG mobile, no TV etc) and moved to eir (PAYG mobile, again nothing else), am 100% satisfied so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭FatBeard

CaSCaDe711 wrote: »
    Each to their own I guess, I left Vodafone (PAYG mobile, no TV etc) and moved to eir (PAYG mobile, again nothing else), am 100% satisfied so far.

I had the opposite experience. I was on Vodafone, went to EIR for a cheaper deal, Was back on Vodafone within the month. Found the coverage terrible. No 3g/4g coverage indoors at home with poor call quality, no 3g/4g coverage indoors at work (i'm based in dublin) and a complete blackout in the shopping centre up the road from work

If anyone has any luck with the 20 euro deal though i'd be very interested. I'm currently paying 30.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭septicsac

Move to Eir at your own risk, as already stated customer care is horrendous and service has gotten steadily worse and it will be everyones fault but theirs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭daheff

Vodafone have NOT said they won't reintroduce roaming charges after Brexit. :mad:

Given they have an international network this is something completely in their control. It's not like the UK govt can force them to charge more to use their own network. And the EU is very clear on roaming charges.

EU got rid of roaming charges WITHIN THE EU.

After Brexit UK wont be in EU, so Vodafone can charge roaming if they want...similar to when you roam in non-EU countries.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement