Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lg v20 h990ds dual sim

• 27-03-2020 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi, i broke the screen on my v20 which i bought from eglobal central couple of years ago.
    Local repair shop can't fix it and i would rather get a new one.
    Does anybody know where can i get it for around 200 euro mark within a week or so?
    Googling this for couple of hours now and nothing seems to be straightforward. Long delivery times, no dual sim, too expensive etc..
    I don't fancy any other phones since this has a removable battery, NFC, dual sim, decent enough specs...
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

In these times no. Or any times really.

The LG V20 was not released in the UK and thus you can't pick up a second-hand one ebay easily like you can with other LG models thate were released in the UK. When I say released in the UK I mean the mobile network stores decided not to stock it.

So I'm afraid your out of luck to fix this quickly.

If you want to stick with V20 then you can get a refub on alliexpress, normal waiting times are a month but longer because of the virus. Also you will be hit with about €30 at customs.

The dual sim is much more expensive that the single sim that you can pick up for about €85 delivered which is a total bargain.

A replacement screen from the same site costs on average €22 euro delivered. A phone repair shop can do this easily if you order it yourself. It's very easy to do in comparisons to other phones. Also you won't pay any customs on the screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Bykobap

Thank you

One other idea, you could try CEX. https://ie.webuy.com/search?stext=lg%20v20
    Drop them an email, they might post it to you in these times if they have one in stock in one of their stores.

There is also a store in Galway that sells good used smartphones. https://www.fonez.ie . Drop them an email as well even if one doesn't show on their website.

Will do. Thank you
    No luck though, they don't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 312 ✭✭73bc61lyohr0mu

Pick up a screen on ebay and do it yourself. The v20 is probably one of the easiest phones I've ever repaired. If you're some bit decent with a screw driver you'll piss through it..

• Advertisement

Got a new screen from ebay and changed it myself.

Took about 3 hours with dodgy tools.

Front facing camera is the only casualty but i am not big on selfies anyway.
    Some other plastic bits broke off along with questionable assembly but everything seems to be working fine.

Delighted.

Thanks for all suggestions boys and girls.

Bykobap wrote: »
    Got a new screen from ebay and changed it myself.

Took about 3 hours with dodgy tools.

Front facing camera is the only casualty but i am not big on selfies anyway.
    Some other plastic bits broke off along with questionable assembly but everything seems to be working fine.

Delighted.

Thanks for all suggestions boys and girls.

Excellent! Never though myself to order one on ebay uk, I didn't realize they were stocked in the UK, I though they all came from Asia anyway.

Yeah I ordered 3 screens for my V20 so far and every one had some minor issue. At least the screen is not expensive. The most common problem with LG screens I find is that the lcd is never properly glued to the bezel, which I fix with bostix glue! Annoys me when the backlight shines out through the edges when it's loose.

Advertisement