Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Options

Comments

I'm sitting out in the garden, watching himself cut the grass, the dogs running around, the birds stuffing themselves at the feeders and soaking up that bit of sun for the good of my immune system. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

A little while back I posted in the TA thread that I'd been losing earrings and worst of all my necklace from my fiancee (instead of a ring, because I don't wear rings) disappeared.

I'd been in off humour at the time. When covid 19 caused the wedding cancellations it seemed like the missing necklace had been a sign.

Ive felt much happier and more enthusuastic about our plans withthe pressure of a large gathering, and we were thinking of having a small, forest wedding instead, until this issue is fixed. Today a load of books crashed off my bookshelf and a missing earring was among them. Noidea how.

I replaced them securely, sat down, and other books at the other end of the shelf flew violently off. It looked like something had pushed them. I expected to see my cat actibg the idiot but no sign of it. I collected upand replaced them and sat down.

Then noticed I missed one book, standing up staring me in the face. Its a local history book about a place that was connected to someone significant to my life last year. I then noticed my engagement necklace lying on the ground where the books fell.

I dont really know what to think, but it feelsl ike a good sign if anything and I'm TH my missing things have returned to me in such a dramatic manner :D

There's talk of turning Rottnest island where tons of those happy little Quokkas live into a quarantine zone. Hope it won't affect or displace them too much. Sorry not a TH but you were all chatting about them recently so when my sister who lives near there told me I thought of you THers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm sitting out in the garden, watching himself cut the grass, the dogs running around, the birds stuffing themselves at the feeders and soaking up that bit of sun for the good of my immune system. :)

Where's the cat hmmm ? :-P

Where's the cat hmmm ? :-P

That lazy pair are inside lying on top of each other, fast asleep and I don't expect to them to rise for another couple of hours!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

That lazy pair are inside lying on top of each other, fast asleep and I don't expect to them to rise for another couple of hours!

We (me really) demand pictures :-P

I still don't know how to embed photos despite your instructions Seph! Must get the laptop out and read through them again.If this pic even attaches... That's my terriers crate and bed they're in. (Just in case anyone thinks I crate my cats :D ) The ginger and white fella is snoring for Ireland.

506609.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,101 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I still don't know how to embed photos

You just do this!
    Screenshot-20200322-161210.jpg

TH to be of assistance :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Embedded BB

Ah Seph never said it was that easy. So I just attach and other brilliant people come along and fix it! Sure I could do that all day.

Fix this one Ted! :D
    506611.jpeg

Mod: just do this [noparse]
    506611.jpeg[/noparse]

• Advertisement

Ah Seph never said it was that easy. So I just attach and other brilliant people come along and fix it! Sure I could do that all day.

Fix this one Ted! :D
    506611.jpeg

Mod: just do this [noparse]
    506611.jpeg[/noparse]

Wow it's like magic! :D

I never even noticed the attach button before today so that's the level of eejit you're dealing with here Ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Kids these days, back in our day rabble rabble is some say. Hah sometimes me

The girl next door at home these days as primary school is closed. She sure has a better heart than I ever did.

She writes messages like this on the footpath and I think aaaaaawww

She does other little notes like "have a nice day" in German and French. I think its sweet

506617.jpg

Ok I think I can do this... Could be a major TH on the way...

506618.jpeg

Ok I think I can do this... Could be a major TH on the way...

506618.jpeg

:):):):) Check me out! I'm amazing. Thanks Ted!

That's adorable mikemac. What a sweet kid.

TH Found another, different earring in the ash bucket. Last seen on the 1st of September last!
    How odd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Check me out! I'm amazing. Thanks Ted!

Oh Frkk, what have I created.

Ah Seph never said it was that easy.

That's because seph is also an eejit :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Dermot Kennedy doing a live Facebook gig tonight... think I need something nice to break the malaise

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

TH that I'm managing to keep up my weight, woo :D

• Advertisement

That's because seph is also an eejit :pac:

Nope, no, definitely not. The problem was all with me! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭citysights

I was out walking last week with the kids ( not anymore because I believe it’s so important to stay at home now and stop the spread) Anyway On the walk the kids were by me warned to stay well away from people.

So they turned it into a game. When they say people walking towards us from a distance they announced to me ‘Attention Attention human alert human alert. ‘’ I had to smile because even though it’s awful but necesssy to live like this they turned it into a kind of new game or coping mechanisms. I am proud of that resilience or whatever it is. Sorry for long post.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Just finished reading the latest Jack Reacher thriller, Blue Moon. It was very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

When you feel like you just really have a nice conversation with someone. It is like the best feeling ever.

My sister buying me some beers and getting the shopping in when I've had a tough day.

Living in a cul de sac and able to enjoy the sun shining while practicing SD.

There’s a lovely picture of two children with a lamb who’s wearing mismatched socks (yes, I do mean the lamb!) on the front of the Sunday Times today. It was World Down Syndrome Day yesterday.

Puts it all into perspective, for me anyway. A good reminder to me of what’s actually important

Sourdough straight from the oven, with real butter. Oh lordy! Nom nom NOM!

Drinking home made ginger beer with toast and jam.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,148 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Drinking home made ginger beer with toast and jam.

Lashings and lashings?

Lashings and lashings?

Always old boy.
    New batch every seven days so you can drink lots if you want :D

TH the blossoms forming on my apples trees.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

TH partner dropped off a choccy bunny for me with my shopping today without me giving any indication I wanted a treat. I'm spoiled.

Advertisement