Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

New Home wrote: »
    FYP. :cool:

Thanks, I must be high on sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,343 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I can feel it in the bones but in a months time a deluge of festivals will start announcing their lineups, I'm dying to see who will be touring over the spring and summer. I already have my ticket for Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets in April 29th in Dublin, so nice to see him in a more intimate venue rather than the vastness and distance of David Gilmour's Pink Floyd at Manchester's Maine Road Stadium in 1988. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

My "happies! are very simple. A warm bed with a cat or two snuggled under the covers in mutual warmth -sharing- purrs...The bowl of blue hyacinths... Loved ones on the phone... Oh and thankfulness for moderate weather; some of our family are now totally cut off and invisible in Newfoundland under record snowfalls. Cannot get in touch; only way they can seek help is setting off flares. All we can do is pray and wait.

Oh and a small but much appreciated pay rise from Social Welfare! This week can order cake! mmmmm !

Who can wish for more! Oh and hand work that supports others while being the greatest pleasure there is.

dunroamin!

Hoping to catch up with weblog today; on my signature file here on boards

Omission..sleepy warm cats...

Happy upon happy today!

Went out at first light to drag the coal in. For some reason they drop it half way down the long drive.. I tell myself it is good exercise! 29 kg is beyond me so I kind of walk it in...

Latest feline resident is enamoured; had to walk almost through him! What a progress from the wee scaredy-cat of a few weeks ago... awesome.

Then to the back to bring turf in and literally could not walk for the wee cat on my feet.. Rolling on them !Standstill!

Much laughter and joy as the sky lightened in early glory over the calm ocean. Birdsong and cool fresh air...

HAPPY times!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

You need a dolly or whatever they call the low wheeled platforms for moving things. You're obviously managing fine but I do the same thing and I know I'll probably rip or pull something internal someday.

The ground is far too rough for wheels even when dry, so it would just get stuck in the mud , and getting it through the gate etc.. Fine as it is! Only one a week in winter! Hardy enough...If need be I can take a bucket out and decant... Need finds a way... ;);) We are very,, basic ...out here... lol...

The real issue is the folk who drop the coal off have no imagination! Being big strong men.. drop and run!
    You need a dolly or whatever they call the low wheeled platforms for moving things. You're obviously managing fine but I do the same thing and I know I'll probably rip or pull something internal someday.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,579 ✭✭✭✭The Princess Bride

Lovely day today, and a great stretch in the evenings:D

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Match results this weeekend

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Match results this weeekend
    giphy.gifshaun-the-sheep-movie-not-my-gif-2016-oscar-nominations-tIeCLkB8geYtW

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

blade1 wrote: »

Try manipulating that gif to have him doing all 4 feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,079 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Try manipulating that gif to have him doing all 4 feet.
    :)
    giphy-1.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭MiliMe

Having a bath earlier, to try ease some sore muscles. In comes the husband with candles and a glass of wine for me. Bless him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Many whiskys.....much wine.... cooked gluten-free pancakes and then a full roast for 5 people....
    I am Fab-U-Lous.

Not so happy about this evenings result...but hai... Liverpool deserve the League this year, #nodoubt

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

My SIL informed us tonight she's pregnant :D, so that's two new family members due this year :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

My SIL informed us tonight she's pregnant :D, so that's two new family members due this year :D.

Congratulations Seph!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I just finished off a nice bottle of Coors Light

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

TH recently heard a young man (about 22) sincerely saying that it's what's inside that counts.

More than trivially happy, in fact deeply thankful, that we live where the weather is not extreme.

Just had photos from Newfoundland, where some of our loved ones' houses have vanished under a mass of snow... Cannot post links but google Newfoundland snow emergency.

Praying they are safe , from this safe place . Lighting candles.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Graces7 wrote: »
    More than trivially happy, in fact deeply thankful, that we live where the weather is not extreme.

Just had photos from Newfoundland, where some of our loved ones' houses have vanished under a mass of snow... Cannot post links but google Newfoundland snow emergency.

Praying they are safe , from this safe place . Lighting candles.

Watching the videos - I noticed how little snow is on the roofs (or rooves) of the houses. Is that a design thing to prevent snow accumulation or just bad insulation?

• Advertisement

Did not see this on the videos I watched and just checked/ rooves well thickly covered.
    Some of them are totally buried. Rooves invisible

May just be gravity? as they build to cope with the weather so insulation is automatic. Not like here!

Or maybe wind effect? That was quite a storm.

stoneill wrote: »
    Watching the videos - I noticed how little snow is on the roofs (or rooves) of the houses. Is that a design thing to prevent snow accumulation or just bad insulation?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Bredabe

For various reasons I cant get my hair cut atm, so its at the almost too long but makes me look like a 'reasonably attractive aging human female'
    So Im being a bit precious about it, esp as there is a person I want to look attractive for BUT not look like Im trying to look attractive.

A little confusing I know, but I like the teeny tiny butterflies that go with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Overhearding that I was having a hard time with something nb in my life(not the above) my friend's little boy who is proudly 5 years old.
    who hates girls(smelly and stupid) gave me his colouring book as its reflective of our common star wars interest.

Yesterday I was using it to colour in and I found that he had coloured in the Princess Leia page in gorgeous pastel colours and stayed inside the lines, so I think he has found a 'girl' who isn't 'smelly and stupid'.

The particular th of this is...........he coloured in her kick ass gun a dark stand out brown. Smark kid recognising a powerful woman when he sees one.

Reading people talking about the taste of milk in plastic containers in the TA thread.

I'm TH remembering that I used to hate the taste of milk from those as a kid too. And even though my mam had five kids and a lot going on at the time, much bigger things to worry about, she used to buy me a separate carton for myself. Of course I was completely ungrateful at the time. But looking back, she was the best. TH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Congrats uncle Seph!

My hot water bottle is my TH :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Congrats uncle Seph!

My hot water bottle is my TH :D

Doesn't the water taste funny? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭Harleen Quinzel

Doesn't the water taste funny? :pac:

I’ve had worse :p

My happy is the book I’m reading is so good that I’m trying to drag it out and prolong it, rather than my usual “one more chapter” that turns into five more chapters and me finishing the book overnight :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I’ve had worse :p

My happy is the book I’m reading is so good that I’m trying to drag it out and prolong it, rather than my usual “one more chapter” that turns into five more chapters and me finishing the book overnight :D

What's the book?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

What book is it?!?

EDIT: You heard the Mod. ↑↑↑ :cool:

• Advertisement

What's the book?
    What book is it?!?

Ya come on HQ! You can't just come in here and say you're reading a book and not tell us what it :mad:

:pac: :-P

Advertisement