Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Trivial things that make you happy - Part 3 - The Happyning

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

A hour spent blowing leaves. I don't know why but it's one of the garden jobs I really enjoy. And the resulting tidy lawns and paths is a bonus.

My grandchildren.

Four year old boy today reminded me that, in a book I read to him a couple of weeks ago, some whales ate "bioluminescent phytoplankton".

I've said it before and I'll say it again....it's in the genes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Graces7 wrote: »
    VERY very happy the invasion of large cattle AT MY DOOR has gone.! Ii is that time of year when some farmers make the most of every last blade of grass before they go in for the winter... Finding my drive, path and garden full of them was not to my liking... Eaten my few vegetables, grass and plants... Had this with sheep in various rentals. First time for cattle... Made a call or two.... Not checking my garden any more today...Upset.

Happened me yesterday, 10 animals in the field, only one on the lawn.
    And I had rang and messaged the farmer the evening before saying they were in !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭4Ad

Just back from a short run, it was wet and bitter cold out but feel great now..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

My grandchildren.

Four year old boy today reminded me that, in a book I read to him a couple of weeks ago, some whales ate "bioluminescent phytoplankton".

I've said it before and I'll say it again....it's in the genes. :)

Used to be fascinated by sea creatures as a child. Tardigrades (sea bears/moss piglets) and mantis shrimps are awesome at any age Not to mention sea snot! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Happily thankful for shelter and food in this bitter winter weather. Northerly gale straight off the ocean puts life in proportion..Hope all are safe inside.

TH at another bright, calm, cheery autumn morning that demands we do something with it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,310 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It'd be a perfect day for collecting sweet chestnuts, if only there were trees around.

Just a little smile at a listing on a preloved clothes site. "Label says it's a Large but it is in me ar*e. It's an 8, 10 or 12."

A TH and a TA. Just had a fella in installing something. He looked so much like Tormund from game of thrones but he also had the ice blue eyes of a white walker. That's what made me TH. My TA is that he explained loads of stuff to me and I was so busy restraining myself from saying it to him that I didn't really retain much of what he said. Ah well, I'm sure I'll figure it out...maybe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Elated and exhaustedly happy at winning a battle with the elements! They drop the groceries on the drive.

When I went out, I was transfixed at the panorama of dark clouds spinning rain on the horizon, and flickering rainbows... Realised the storm was heading my way.. That I had a very short time before it was overhead..

Cats thought it was hilarious, my grabbing boxes and dumping them in the kitchen then out again. ….
    Chased and raced with me..Wonderful game!

Just got the last vulnerable load through the door as it was spitting at me.... then POW! Someone up there turned the hosepipe full on Two cases of cat food still out there but that is fine.

Love being so close to it all, that it is such an integral and intimate part of my life out here. Will keep the images of the storm sweeping in in my heart.

Happy. Full freezer and full cupboards. :) Cats full of raw chicken .. only one not fed is me...Yet!

That satisfying tiredness which comes from worthwhile activity. It was a day for doing things outside, so cars washed, flowerbeds tidied, windows washed etc.
    Nothing beats well earned relaxation at this time of the day.

No happys today? It's Friday.

For me it's good company and having a laugh. Did a lovely walk over the Cooley mountains with other retirees. All good humoured and nice to be with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Back home after a day of appointments, shopping, etc. Nothing like sitting at your own fireside with a mug of tea.

Going out for drinks and a catch up with all my brothers tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,333 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

My TH for today is getting my hair washed in the hairdressers, it's almost like a head massage when they are shampooing the hair. If I were a cat, I'd be purring:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's 5pm on a Friday. Sure what's not to like about that?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Can finally tell people that I’m going to be an auntie again. :)
    Delighted for my brother and his partner as they’ve really wanted this for ages!

My TH for today is getting my hair washed in the hairdressers, it's almost like a head massage when they are shampooing the hair. If I were a cat, I'd be purring:D

Oh I just love that so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

I pay for spotify which is a music streaming service each month but that's unimportant

I found an artist who takes the latest popular music and strips it all back and plays it on the piano

Like you were in Pearse station and used the Irish Rail piano on a tune. He's brilliant :)

• Advertisement

Possibly very different but Beyonces "Crazy in love" piano cover by Sofia Carlsberg, the "male version" is strangely good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,288 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I really enjoyed Last Christmas, and I'm referring to the film, as opposed to Christmas last year

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

Cat Hospital on RTE! All the cute cats!

Also very very very TH that it's Friday. Fed up with dealing with the (nasty/neglectful) parents of the children in my class! I definitely need the break.

More than trivially happy that all our family are fit and well, having watched Children In Need tonight. Inspirational young people.

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Neames

With the Mrs watching Arctic starring Mads Mikkelsen......jayse you wouldn't be long getting frostbit so ya wouldn't!

While the stove has us roasted and the wine is flowing!

All he'll was halfway unleashed this morning but it was firmly rammed back in its box by the timely arrival of someone who must be an agent of my guardian angel. The day was saved, and I had a good flirt.Theres nothing like a really good flirt with someone who is a world class flirt, is there? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,956 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Theres nothing like a really good flirt with someone who is a world class flirt, is there? :)

How you doing ?

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,069 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Out pushing my grandchild in a pram and had to manoeuvre through one of those awful gates into the park . Two young fellas coming towards us with hoodies up and on phones . They saw me coming and ran to the gate and held it open until i safely passed through . Most young people are basically nice and a nice smile and a big thank you goes a long way for young lads . Made my day

How you doing ?

:pac:

I'm much better now you're here, Sephy ;) *blows kiss

TH I have my hair up in pin curls with setting lotion 1950s style for dinner tomorrow night. Now I'm sliding under the covers for some rest before a big night. Awake at dawn, sleepy at dusk. I have the perfect life-sleep balance just now.

• Advertisement

Awake browsing FB and learned a new word. First time in ages I've co.e across a word I'd never seen before. "Celerity", meaning "swiftness of movement". It's a bit of a strange word which sounds like the drunken slurring of "celebrity"

Advertisement