Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpatch for MCC club

• 19-05-2008 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

Question

Would an MCC club with it's badge on the back of a jacket be considered out of order by MC clubs ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Question

Would an MCC club with it's badge on the back of a jacket be considered out of order by MC clubs ?
    Depends on what MC club. Some of the Irish MC clubs have developed a childish reputation to take on the role to police any biker wearing a patch on their back irrespective of what shape or size it is. The CMA Christian Mororcycle Association was approached by members of the DD's last year in Dublin and told to remove their back patch which looked like this.

cma_logo.gif

The Outlaws MC on the other hand would have a more mature approach towards MCC clubs and individual bikers wearing back patches. They would only have an issue with a patch that would resemble "colours" ie an MC backpatch. i.e. distinct upper & lower "rockers", a central "death head" the 1% "diamond" and the letters "MC" (Normally to the right hand side of the patch ) See picts.

colour1.jpg

Bandidos_patch.jpg

Bottom line. If you in an MCC club and your club intends wearing any kind of a back patch your club can expect a visit. :eek: (Ask any senior member from the Banner MCC)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

My club, an MCC club, had an issue with a few members who got the club badge enlarged and put on the back of jackets without club knowledge. The club rule is/was on the front or on the sleeve, never on the back.

At a subsequent meeting it was highlighted and they were advised that this might not be a good idea in that some of the MC clubs might not agree with it.

The jackets have been put into storage.

The jackets have been put into storage.
    Best place for them.

Best place for them.

We have a few lads in the club who know the way things are. Thankfully they were able to convince the less well educated lads that this was not a good idea.

We are an MCC club, however, were actually nothing more than a social club.

Just for the record I'm in the Rock Rebels MCC, more or less based in Cashel, Co. Tipp.

Cheers for input.

Any more input appreciated

;)

We have a few lads in the club who know the way things are. Thankfully they were able to convince the less well educated lads that this was not a good idea.

We are an MCC club, however, were actually nothing more than a social club.

Just for the record I'm in the Rock Rebels MCC, more or less based in Cashel, Co. Tipp.

Cheers for input.

Any more input appreciated

;)
    It would be the Road Tramps that you would have to worry about in that neck of the woods if you considered a backpatch. The same crowd that "paid a visit" to certain members of the Banner MCC at the Lifford Arms in Ennis back in the 90ies.

• Advertisement

Thought so.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

god i hate mc's & all their sh1te about what you can and cant wear

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

madrab wrote: »
    Agreed. I always reckoned they were compensating for being kicked out of boyscouts as children, or something. Singly, most of them are sound, but as a group, they tend to ego trip a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

this is not the wild west people if some one annoys you about your jacket tell them to f off , bunch of wannabe hells angels

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

Did you not have something on the back of your jacket?

It's a load of **** to be honest and if anyone ever had a problem with something I was wearing they are most welcome to discuss it with me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,707 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

i dont like your socks

I didn't start this thread for it to become a bitchfest by certain posters against MC clubs :mad:

It was to get some information in order to ensure that there was no "crossing the line" by me or my club.

I want to confirm that neither I or my club intend any disrespect to any MC club.

I request that a moderator close this thread asap.

Even better remove it completely ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Who gives a fcuk what MC clubs think? I wouldn't be too impressed if some MC member started quizzing me about my clothing!

yeah i just have a random patch with a skull sewn on - i just think the image is cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

yeah i just have a random patch with a skull sewn on - i just think the image is cool

Oooh, yer in sh!te now. Some lads are heading around to have words later. I heard the local MC's don't like guys with chaps and skull patch's giving them a bad name :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭BigCon

Question

Yes.

Can anyone list some of these MC clubs here in Ireland? Any members of them here? I'm intrigued about this as it would never have crossed my mind to watch my clothing based on the reaction of any of these groups. I'm having difficulty equating the easy rider image with some lads from Cashel to be honest :D

murphaph wrote: »
    Can anyone list some of these MC clubs here in Ireland? Any members of them here? I'm intrigued about this as it would never have crossed my mind to watch my clothing based on the reaction of any of these groups. I'm having difficulty equating the easy rider image with some lads from Cashel to be honest :D
    To the best of my knowledge there are six Irish based MC clubs four of them being part of the Alliance.

The Alliance
    http://www.alliancemcireland.com/main.htm
    Devils Desciples MC
    Freewheelrs MC
    Vikings MC
    Roadtramps MC

Chozen Few MC http://homepage.eircom.net/~chosenfew/HOME.htm (Some of these guys split up to become part of the HA.)

Independant club.
    Brotherhood MC (Limerick & Clare)

The International MC clubs
    Outlaws MC Ireland. http://www.outlawsmc-ireland.com/homepage.htm
    North Tyrone Chapter,
    West Coast Chapter
    Leinster Chapter.

Hells Angels MC Belfast http://www.hellsangelsbelfast.com/hamc_belfast.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭pirate reject

It would be the Road Tramps that you would have to worry about in that neck of the woods if you considered a backpatch. The same crowd that "paid a visit" to certain members of the Banner MCC at the Lifford Arms in Ennis back in the 90ies.

Bloody eck if they were that narky back then about a choice of badge I'd hate to have seen the arguments over Oasis vs Blur

Bloody eck if they were that narky back then about a choice of badge I'd hate to have seen the arguments over Oasis vs Blur
    The issue was not over the choice of badge because the Banner MCC still use that patch, It was all about where certain members had the patch placed, i.e, on their backs. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    Oooh, yer in sh!te now. Some lads are heading around to have words later. I heard the local MC's don't like guys with chaps and skull patch's giving them a bad name :D
    :)
    No.1 on an MC charter is no tassles :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Pigeon Reaper

no tassles! Thats just wrong on so many levels.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭SlabMurphy

Who gives a fcuk what MC clubs think? I wouldn't be too impressed if some MC member started quizzing me about my clothing!

Totally agreed.
    Depends on what MC club. Some of the Irish MC clubs have developed a childish reputation to take on the role to police any biker wearing a patch on their back irrespective of what shape or size it is. The CMA Christian Mororcycle Association was approached by members of the DD's last year in Dublin and told to remove their back patch which looked like this.

cma_logo.gif

The Outlaws MC on the other hand would have a more mature approach towards MCC clubs and individual bikers wearing back patches. They would only have an issue with a patch that would resemble "colours" ie an MC backpatch. i.e. distinct upper & lower "rockers", a central "death head" the 1% "diamond" and the letters "MC" (Normally to the right hand side of the patch ) See picts.

colour1.jpg

Bandidos_patch.jpg

Bottom line. If you in an MCC club and your club intends wearing any kind of a back patch your club can expect a visit. :eek: (Ask any senior member from the Banner MCC)
    Does that also include the Black Widows :D

Gotta be honest, now and again I have shared a chat and a pint with the DD's and the Chosen Few ( they may have split up since The Chosen Few Belfast became Hells Angels ), and to be honest their's a lot of bullsh1t put out about them, all sorts of acustations playing the hard man, etc. In all the time I've know any of them I couldn't say it about them, well, that's just my experience anyway, though I have to say I have seen the special branch stopping and harrassing them, the guards keep quite a large presence at the Gathering at the Man of War, think it's a bit over the top itself, though I'm sure some of them enjoy the notoriety !!!

Obviously in America and in some countries like Holland, Denmark etc back patch rivalry is a sometimes very dangerous and indeed, deadly matter. ( BTW, I'm not a memeber of a backpatch club or ever have been, though I've got plenty of club rally's/gatherings patches, Isle of Man, AC/DC, Slayer etc on my jacket )

But don't club patches only become an issue when it's 1% clubs ?? Anyone from Banner MCC - what's the story ??

SlabMurphy wrote: »
    Does that also include the Black Widows :D??
    The Black Widows Ireland is a womans club :D
    SlabMurphy wrote: »
    But don't club patches only become an issue when it's 1% clubs ?? Anyone from Banner MCC - what's the story ??
    MC clubs should be only concerned about other clubs wearing "Colours" or other clubs copying their own logo. Sticking an AC/DC, Metallica or an MCC patch on your back is not "wearing colours". About two years ago an MCC Club from Mayo had a rally poster containing two crossed pistons, members of the Outlaws MC were not too happy with this and told them to change it, which they did.

The Banner MCC club patch is the "Dolmen" Ie a couple of rocks placed on top of each other and goes back over 30 years. Two former members had the bright idea to have the club patch on their backs. The Roadtramps turned up in Ennis at the Lifford bar and requested them to remove this patch immediatly from the back of their jackets. The patches were removed end of story.

About two years ago an MCC Club from Mayo had a rally poster containing two crossed pistons, members of the Outlaws were not too happy with this
    Is it a registered trademark or something? If not, I'd have told these characters to p!ss off.
    and told them to change it, which they did.
    As above, more fool them for doing what a couple of clowns said. Seriously, where do these lads think they live? The friggin wild west?

Is it a registered trademark or something??
    Yes it is an international trademark and is copyrighted world wide.
    If not, I'd have told these characters to p!ss off.??
    You would be on your own. :D
    As above, more fool them for doing what a couple of clowns said. Seriously, where do these lads think they live? The friggin wild west?
    Limerick city is the wild west :D

Yes it is an international trademark and is copyrighted world wide. You would be on your own. :D
    Limerick city is the wild west :D
    A set of crossed pistons is a trademark? Limerick is the wild mid west. :pac:

Maybe it's a country thing but I can't imagine anyone in Dublin approaching me and telling me to take a patch off my back.

set of crossed pistons is a trademark? .
    THe skull and cross pistons is the trademark for the Outlaws MC and has been used by them since 1954. Practically all MC clubs both national and international (And many MCC Clubs) have a copyright on their club patch / badge/ logos etc. If you deliberately go around trying to copy and use them you are only asking for trouble.
    Maybe it's a country thing but I can't imagine anyone in Dublin approaching me and telling me to take a patch off my back.
    As I mentioned before some members of the DD's approached the CMA in Dublin last year and asked them to remove their association patches (Not colours) from their backs.

Next thing I'll be reading about a pair of these goons approaching one of these and asking them to remove their patch!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭macnab

People who are fine when you meet them on their own but not when they are in a group?? that alone speaks volumes. I for one have only ever had negative experiences with MC members.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement