Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Broadband provider change issues.

• 31-10-2019 1:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭

I'll keep this short and simple as possible.

Eir broadband contract ended in July. Visited Vodafone shop in August to switch to them. Vodafone shop assistant notified Eir using my (vpn? I think) number and details. I was advised this was the best option for me as there would be no downtime/wait for connection. Two weeks later I was connected to Vodafone.

I paid my September Eir bill which covered beyond the service provided by them. But I'm after getting another bill for the usual monthly amount (€83).

An internet search throws up that I should have cancelled my service in writing, but that info seems to be for customers within a contract whereas mine has ended?

What should I do? COMREG? Back to Vodafone shop? Ring eir and spend 27 hours on hold only to be cut off... any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Xterminator

you were on a monthly rolling contract - as per terms and conditions.

so cancelation should have been done. Vodafone transferred your number but that doesnt mean the contract situation was resolved.

Forget about vodafone, comreg etc, its on you.

Drop into Eir or call them and ask what they can do for you. worst case scenario you give 30 days notice starting today.

Advertisement