Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Animated superhero shows

• 25-11-2020 11:25pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,330 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey all,

Used to watch spiderman/x-men/batman in the mid 90's.
    Anything worth watching these days?
    Or just rewatch those perhaps

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks

If you like Batman: TAS, I would heavily suggest the sequel series, especially Justice League Unlimited.
    The new Harley Quinn is excellent.
    Young Justice is great.
    All of the Teen Titans series have their fans, but your milage may vary based on your serious/grimdark ratio preference :D
    Wolverine and the X-Men is a historical curiousity as well as an excellent series: It was the first time Kevin Feige (the man who orchestrates the MCU) was in charge of nearly anything to do with superheroes. Seeing as the X-Men are now coming to the MCU, might be a preview of whats to come.
    My personal favourite (and I think underrated) superhero cartoon series is Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes. It was cut short by Jeph Loeb much to the annoyance of fans everywhere, but it's genuinely a great watch.

There's also approximately 8 million high quality DC animated movies, nearly all of them in the last decade are worth a watch, if you don't really care about continuity.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Young Justice is great.

Yes!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,785 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just to note that the Harley Quinn series is definitely not for kids in case you were planning on watching with your kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Hey all,

Thanks

same here, I mostly watch the DC animated moves, they are of incredible quality....
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DC_Universe_Animated_Original_Movies

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

My recommendations would be Batman Beyond, Superman The Animated Series, Batman The Brave & The Bold.

And maybe if you have not seen it before Batman Beware the Bat. I think that show was on Cartoon Network over here.

If you're into Marvel shows too one tip from me is Spectacular Spiderman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Sakana

Arcane on Netflix. Phenomenal.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Oh my word. This has me very intrigued.

I have to catch up on watching Smallville very soon because this would act as a great complement to it.

Advertisement