Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alleged paedophile ring in Fermanagh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I'm sure Tommy Robinson will be over post haste.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,875 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What I don't get is how a married man who sexually abuses boys could bring himself to have sex with a woman, namely his wife? Surely, a heterosexual man who is a paedophile would sexually abuse girls, right?

Apparently it's not unusual to have pedophiles attracted to the opposite gender of their orientation, or even both genders.

A lot of.pedophiles also have healthy adult sexual attractions. That's why it's seen as a philia rather than an orientation.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭banie01

The lack of logic and the display of errant theory on logic on display is a sure fire way of confirming the OP is far from any kind of Analyst!

Specious bull****!
    It's the mother's fault he was paedo?
    It doesn't make "sense" that a man in a heterosexual marriage abused male children...!?!?

WTAF?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭klaaaz

A thinly veiled opening post aimed at linking the gays to paedophilia.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Agree million%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,763 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

You can't fault a parent for their child becoming one of the philes, unless said parent performed said acts on their own child. And as much as people may not want to think it, it does happen and most likely someone you know has been involved at some stage.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Registered today... methinks this is not your first account :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Let her son turn into a child rapist?

What, you think he went out for a still each evening, raped a kid and then sat down to a nice home cooked roast and told her all about his night?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭political analyst

klaaaz wrote: »

Not true. I'm just trying to understand the issue.

Not true. I'm just trying to understand the issue.

Don't think there's anything to understand. There was a group of people, some with some power of sorts, who abused children and are now paedophiles, hebephiles, or ephenophiles. This was all happening around the time of the Catholic Church having a great time with little boys bottoms, so not totally unbelievable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

Knowlegde of this has been bubbling under surface with years in the north

Im.suprised no mainstream paper has picked this up.yet....something mustnt be adding up about the story

I didn't actually read the articles in full, but it sounds like it's someone who wants to be a journalist but didn't make the cut, so he's doing his own investigations. That's most likely the reason it's not picked up yet, could be a load of BS. Plus, why is the entire article in bold? It's horrible to read.

_blaaz wrote: »

Im.suprised no mainstream paper has picked this up.yet....something mustnt be adding up about the story

The Irish Times did. It has also been featured on Sky News.

I didn't actually read the articles in full, but it sounds like it's someone who wants to be a journalist but didn't make the cut, so he's doing his own investigations. That's most likely the reason it's not picked up yet, could be a load of BS. Plus, why is the entire article in bold? It's horrible to read.

Edwards already is a journalist - he's Deputy Editor of the Impartial Reporter!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

What I don't get is how a married man who sexually abuses boys could bring himself to have sex with a woman, namely his wife? Surely, a heterosexual man who is a paedophile would sexually abuse girls, right?

So, by implication, you can perfectly understand it if its the opposite sex.

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    So, by implication, you can perfectly understand it if its the opposite sex.

I'm not condoning it - if that's what you're getting at.

Sure, the alleged Westminster paedophile ring turned out to be a load of hogwash.

Former Chief of the Defence Staff Lord Bramall said that the idea of being sexually attracted to boys made no sense to him whatsoever. His wife was dying of dementia during the investigation into the accusations, which turned out to be false.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

A major investigation is being carried out by the PSNI into historical child sexual abuse in Fermanagh after articles were written and published by Impartial Reporter deputy editor Rodney Edwards.

Edwards wrote about the horrific crimes committed by paedophile David Sullivan, who was murdered in 1998, and by others.

https://medium.com/behind-local-news-uk/what-started-as-a-look-into-a-suspected-paedophile-ring-evolved-into-something-significantly-56f05b7e2c49?fbclid=IwAR1cqMVB35esFlFjSk5CGle05Vq4d_qs-RWLct75u4b4tDfEA8tH23vchbg

https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/17680197.three-sex-abuse-victims-name-same-businessman/

A woman said that her brother raped her and, later, her son. Another woman said she was sold to local paedophiles when she was a child by her female babysitter.

The alleged paedophile ring involved well-known local businessmen and a former RUC officer.

Sullivan's mother was still alive when he was murdered. How could she let her son turn into a child-rapist?

Furthermore, some of the "pillars of the community" who are suspected of child sexual abuse probably are married and have children.

Whats your point?

Paedophile = gay? - why be so coy about your homophobia?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 22,936 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

klaaaz wrote: »

I'm waiting for the link to brown people = paedophilia. Quite suprised its not happened yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

No. You should look at the difference between situational and preferential offenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,587 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

_blaaz wrote: »

Plus just over the border in Donegal there was another paedophile ring in operation, its horrific what they got up to and how they got away with it
    In June, it is reported that the gardai have files on 16 additional men who had sexual intercourse with the 13-year-old Ballyshannon girl in 2003 but against whom charges were not brought by the DPP due to insufficient evidence. The girl’s diary records that she had sex 57 times with 22 men over a six-month period.

In July, paedophile William John Paden – one of Britain’s most wanted sex offenders – is arrested in Ballyshannon.
    https://www.broadsheet.ie/2014/10/22/a-corner-of-ireland/

• Advertisement

Whats your point?

Paedophile = gay? - why be so coy about your homophobia?

My point is that one would assume that paedophilia is consistent with the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

My point is that one would assume that paedophilia is consistent with the perpetrator's sexual orientation.

Who assumes that and why are you trying to link gay men to paedoohilia?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19,873 ✭✭✭✭El_Duderino 09

Not really. Paedophilia seems to be like a sexual orientation in itself.

Heterosexual men are attracted to women. Heterosexual women are attracted to men. Children aren’t men or women so it’s not really the same.

Most paedophiles are men who are attracted to boys ( not to be mistaken with gay men because they are attracted to men in the way heterosexual men are attracted to women).

How do you know what their sexual orientation is? You know they’re attracted to children. Gays married opposite sex people for years because they couldn’t be open about their sexual orientation. I imagine paedophiles just get married and try not to attract attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

not all paedos are single men with greasy hair, milk bottle glasses, a rain mac and crusty slacks. I mean, a lot of them are but plenty are "pillars of society" married with kids.

not all paedos are single men with greasy hair, milk bottle glasses, a rain mac and crusty slacks. I mean, a lot of them are but plenty are "pillars of society" married with kids.

Of course. Some people are both. Some people are on paper “good people”. Doing good things and being a decent person, and also commit terrible crimes.

Who assumes that and why are you trying to link gay men to paedoohilia?

That's not true. I'm not surprised by cases of heterosexual men raping girls. Furthermore, the children who were murdered by Sidney Cooke and his accomplices were boys.

Not really. Paedophilia seems to be like a sexual orientation in itself.

Heterosexual men are attracted to women. Heterosexual women are attracted to men. Children aren’t men or women so it’s not really the same.

Most paedophiles are men who are attracted to boys ( not to be mistaken with gay men because they are attracted to men in the way heterosexual men are attracted to women).

But they are male or female.

After all, the victims in Rotherham and Rochdale were girls.

How do you know what their sexual orientation is? You know they’re attracted to children. Gays married opposite sex people for years because they couldn’t be open about their sexual orientation. I imagine paedophiles just get married and try not to attract attention.

I know because a man who has a healthy sexual relationship with a woman wouldn't have inclination to stick his penis into a boy's anus.

• Advertisement

But they are male or female.

After all, the victims in Rotherham and Rochdale were girls.

Sure they’re Male and female. But for example as a heterosexual man, would you say you’re attracted to females (including female children) or women (excluding children)?

Advertisement