Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 7.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I’m up for a bit G

Tried to make beans on toast when I got in after work, but the toaster tripped the switch and now we’ve lost all electricity. Need to contact the security guard guy to come put it back on so that all the food I have in the freezer doesn’t go to waste, but he’s not answering his phone :eek:

Just flick the trip switch back to the up position. It really is that easy.:D And if its the toaster, feck the old one out and buy a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Realised the locked box that has the trip switch in it wasn’t locked at all and I sorted it! I truly am a genius :D:rolleyes: to bed with me shortly

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Awake. Always awake...
    I swear 'dem night owl genes run deep...

Watching old Northern Exposure episodes. It really was great!

Watching Benidorm on Netflix. I should have wrote it. I could have wrote it. But alas.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭4Ad

In bed eating toast looking at golf..Post gig high...and I had no alcohol...
    Delighted I decided to go....

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Watching Benidorm on Netflix. I should have wrote it. I could have wrote it. But alas.:rolleyes:

Sounds a bit dodge, but perhaps... should I?
    Just finished watching Tales of the City on Netflix - the latest season in San Francisco-dorm. Ran in unique seasons set in late 80's and then 90's 00's and latest 10's! Nostalgic but very future positive too, which was cool and refreshing. SF was the coolest city ever, hope it gets that back - I half grew up there and miss it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Geez , all up late tonight !
    Not long in , tired now but two solid hours max st the most when I do sleep woohoo :D

Cali_girl wrote: »
    Sounds a bit dodge, but perhaps... should I?
    Just finished watching Tales of the City on Netflix - the latest season in San Francisco-dorm. Ran in unique seasons set in late 80's and then 90's 00's and latest 10's! Nostalgic but very future positive too, which was cool and refreshing. SF was the coolest city ever, hope it gets that back - I half grew up there and miss it!

As for Benidorm, it's really worth a watch. 10 feckin seasons up now. Easy viewing. If you have been on a foreigner all inclusive in Spain, you'll get it big time!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Geez , all up late tonight !
    Not long in , tired now but two solid hours max st the most when I do sleep woohoo :D

yikes, for me sleep is the best thing EVER Mamof4... weekdays I usually just get 5 hours but weekends I try to make up with a solid 8 to 10 at least one day if I can.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

In hospital ...finally got moved up to a ward from A&E. Nothing life threatening, I hope.

Issue with my heart rate and blood pressure through the roof that is hopefully being moderated by medication.

ooh JK that sounds like no fun. Keep checking in!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Jupiter i hope you are doing ok..

Busy night here, two hours left and it's finally calmed down..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How you're ok JK

Just got back into bedside after taking painkillers , woke up with another pain in my head 😔

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

JupiterKid wrote: »
    In hospital ...finally got moved up to a ward from A&E. Nothing life threatening, I hope.

Issue with my heart rate and blood pressure through the roof that is hopefully being moderated by medication.

You should have given me a shout on FB when you were admitted.

Hope you're doing ok, give me a shout if you need anything dropped up (you're in a Dublin hospital?).

Sitting here taking a break from my Sunday morning routine, house cleaning. But starvation took over and I needed to eat.

Training rest day today so I'll cycle or walk, might do a smallish hike (photos to follow if I do).

Btw, my beach photos. If you're wondering where it is, we walk on Portmarnock beach (down the Baldoyal bay end) so if you ever see the happiest white and brindle pitbull named Richo (you'll know because the poor lad is going deaf and I have to keep shouting after him), well its likely us!.

Just approach and say ''Excuse me sir, are you from the internet?'' :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Dogs walked. Cats fed. First coffee of many. It’s lovely out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Opening my Father's Day cards and gifts - I don't really hold with the concept but Happy Father's Day to all the Dads out there.

Heading for mass shortly

• Registered Users Posts: 6,803 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

.....Woah we're half way there, woah living on a prayer, take my hand and we'll make it I swear...

Morning all,

Sun is breaking through the grey and it's 12.5 C

Couchside with tea reflecting on good things. I'll grill a few bits of pig in a while.

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

It's the bi-annual breakfast in bed day for me! Enjoying it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On my hotel bed trying to get motivated to go back out into the chaos that is Bangalore. Spent yesterday traipsing around malls and markets trying to find some shoes. I brought 3 pairs of flip flops and my travelling crocs (don't judge, they are pretty flowery ones and are perfect for travelling as they give me spongyiness while doing marathons around airports and can wear my flight socks with them and easily kick them off and slip them on while flying) (dammit, now going to be judged for taking my shoes off on flights but I usually have a row to myself due to my allergies). I have hurt in between my big toe and the next toe on one of my feet so can't wear my flip flops and my crocs are really not suitable for work and going out so need shoes. It was nearly impossible to find a flat, comfy pair of sandles or shoes that I can wear for work.

Will try again today.

I bought salt and lemon toothpaste yesterday. Was very tempted to buy tequila too.

Just booked my flight home for my sister's wedding next month, and that is about the only thing keeping me from feeling sorry for myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Witchie wrote: »
    On my hotel bed trying to get motivated to go back out into the chaos that is Bangalore. Spent yesterday traipsing around malls and markets trying to find some shoes. I brought 3 pairs of flip flops and my travelling crocs (don't judge, they are pretty flowery ones and are perfect for travelling as they give me spongyiness while doing marathons around airports and can wear my flight socks with them and easily kick them off and slip them on while flying) (dammit, now going to be judged for taking my shoes off on flights but I usually have a row to myself due to my allergies). I have hurt in between my big toe and the next toe on one of my feet so can't wear my flip flops and my crocs are really not suitable for work and going out so need shoes. It was nearly impossible to find a flat, comfy pair of sandles or shoes that I can wear for work.

Will try again today.

I bought salt and lemon toothpaste yesterday. Was very tempted to buy tequila too.

Just booked my flight home for my sister's wedding next month, and that is about the only thing keeping me from feeling sorry for myself.

Crocs are great, I love mine (wanna see me in my crocs?).. And I always remove my shoes on flights too, socks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

Bed, catching up on the last few days.

Smurfjed, so sorry to read. Look after yourself xx

Sorry to see bones go.

The humidity is killing me, have had a rough few days, really trying to do a bit of soul searching as a result, but sinuses are acting up because of the weather and it just makes me tired! Soul searching and tired don't go well together!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Heading off for a run.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Just saw your post Smurfjed about your friend. Am so sorry. I know how that feels only too well. Take care of yourself. x

Bones, gutted to hear you are leaving, but my diminished posting is partly in the same line, not wanting to spend as much time online, so I get you. If you are still lurking around, all the best. x

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Sitting in the kitchen with a coffee , on a go slow this morning . The clouds are clearing and the sun is breaking through , about time :D

I am sorry for your loss Smurf, and your wife's. Look after each other.

Witchie, hope you're having a right old time and are not too homesick :)

I am couchside staring out the window. Its Father's Day. I just rang mine and he is well thank Gods. The maudlin is creeping in around the edges so I had better finish the coffee and get moving, ain't no way I'm ruining a good weekend with stoopid feelings!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,225 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning or Afternoon all :)

Happy Fathers Day to all the daddies and may you get spoiled rotten :) Mine is washing my car as that’s his way of saying thank you for the card and presents :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,565 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Thanks for all the well wishes you crazy AHers!! :) My blood pressure is still very high but going down with the medication and on drips too.

Will be in for another night at least. At least I brought a rucksack of things op with me so not short of anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭thomil

Sorry to hear about your friend, smurfjed. It's always the surprising ones that hit you hardest.

Anyway, on the couch listening to music for the first time in ages while the rain is beating against the window... I could do with more days like this :)

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

At home sorting the never ending washing, I'm half dead from the excitement. One lot out and in dry again, another lot about to go on the line, though the sky is blackening here now. The clothes mountain that had built up is finally put away in between shrieking at the youngest to not bounce her basketball/whack a sliotar around the kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Couchside, fire lighting, it's like a Winter's day out side, great day of sport ahead so settling down for the evening

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Just watched motogp, back to bed now for a while.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement