Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Demons Souls

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

Its the reason the game is so difficult and great, actions have consequenses, there's no reload. You fart in the game and it saves it. Who is thats attacking you? You'd get away with not dealing with 1 or 2 of the guys in the nexus, but some are essential.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 22,992 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Christ this game is bloody hard. I know you've all said it, but christ :/

Very enjoyable game overall, although dying at a later stage in the level can be really frustrating. Especially when its a one hit kill against an emeny that looks normal enough, but is actually super strong. There's one guy in the first level that kept one-hitting me with his spear. The dragon killing me in 1 hit i dont mind....he's a dragon afterall. But the other guy nearly made me smash something.

The dude with the red eyes?, stay well away from any of them for a long long time. The dragon, stay well away again, although it is worth dieing for if you can take the heat shield. Dragon forgot about him, you can kill him later on with the help of a couple of hundred arrows.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Can someone explain the items to me. The hero soul... I've used it, nothing happened, now what?

Also, after I talked to the monumental I got given blue and white eye stones or something, what do I do with them?

Edit: Also what are the benefits to being alive and being a soul? I died, I used the Stone of Ephemeral Eyes (thinking it would restore me to where I died) but it merely just restored me to life again. The only noticeable difference I can see between being alive and being a soul is that my armour makes noise when I move and roll.

Also the guy with red eyes on the first level, I read a note before him that said you have to be soul lvl 40.

nvm about the hero souls question, found the wiki:

http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/consumables

Looks like the in game description is a mistranslation:

"Mistranslation in item description. Says "Turns user into a soul," but should actually say "Turns into souls when used.""

So it just gives you souls to buy stuff, ok I understand now.

• Advertisement

The hero's souls etc can come in handy when leveling up. Do not consume the demons souls, you'll be able to make some pretty nice weapons from the blacksmith at the start of stonefang tunnel.

Being alive the advantage is more energy, the disadvantage is dieing when alive takes away from a white world tendency.

The red eye, wait till you've at the level that'll allow you to hold the moon winged spear and the flame shield. If you've them at an appropriate level, he's piss easy, block with the shield and stab. I was taking on 3 of them with these weapons. Upgrade these as much as possible, if lucky enough its possible to take him out with a bow and arrow, just hit him long range, retreat and he'll walk back, rinse and repeat, sometimes it works. If you've death cloud or poison cloud already just hit him with it, then hide and wait.

Few questions:

1. After I defeat the phalanx demon where should I go next?
    2. Also, is there anyway to return to the nexus without losing all my souls?
    3. When I killed the phalanx he brought me back to life. Am I to assume to get surplus demon souls that I have to progress onto the next demon without losing one life?
    4. I've read theres coop in some form, is this true? How does it work?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Few questions:

1. After I defeat the phalanx demon where should I go next?
    2. Also, is there anyway to return to the nexus without losing all my souls?
    3. When I killed the phalanx he brought me back to life. Am I to assume to get surplus demon souls that I have to progress onto the next demon without losing one life?
    4. I've read theres coop in some form, is this true? How does it work?

1. That's really up to you, once you beat that boss the game opens up to you.
    2. Not sure about this but pretty sure you have to die or use the waystone.
    3. Don't worry, you'll be dead again pretty soon. It's part of the game.
    4. Yes there's co-op a little later on. You get an item that when used allows other players to join into your game. It leaves a marker that other players can touch to join into your game. You'll also be able to join other peoples games yourself in a while. Even more fun is that you'll soon be able to invade other peoples games for some PvP or have people invade your game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,920 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Damn those dragons burning bridges!!

It's a great game that has that frustated one more try feeling. I restarted as soldier as they're suppose to be easier to
    play then knights

I'm still making surviving (so to speak) as my Knight. Having a tough time with the Tower Knight boss on 1-2 though. I know what to do, but doing it is kinda hard.

**** YOU TOWER KNIGHT!! AGH!!!!

• Advertisement

Kiith wrote: »
    I'm still making surviving (so to speak) as my Knight. Having a tough time with the Tower Knight boss on 1-2 though. I know what to do, but doing it is kinda hard.

**** YOU TOWER KNIGHT!! AGH!!!!

He killed me a few minutes ago. I knew i should've explored a bit before touching that fog especially after annoying blue eyes guys

Don't forget the crystal gecko up the stairs. Have ye got a decent bow yet? If so try and upgrade it, buy 100 or so arrows, go up to the top after taking out all the bowmen, find a place where the knight can't hit you and fire away at your hearts content, wait till he drops his shield. All about timing.

The bridge dragon can also be taken out with about 150 arrows. I'd advise running around the first section, just gathering up souls, farming the mini phalanx and keep going back to the nexus to level up, now that phalanx is no more, the blind doll can level you up. The moon winged spear is somewhere on the bridge too i think, its worth getting killed for.

Don't forget the crystal gecko up the stairs. Have ye got a decent bow yet? If so try and upgrade it, buy 100 or so arrows, go up to the top after taking out all the bowmen, find a place where the knight can't hit you and fire away at your hearts content, wait till he drops his shield. All about timing.

The bridge dragon can also be taken out with about 150 arrows. I'd advise running around the first section, just gathering up souls, farming the mini phalanx and keep going back to the nexus to level up, now that phalanx is no more, the blind doll can level you up. The moon winged spear is somewhere on the bridge too i think, its worth getting killed for.
    I've gotten the Moon Winged Spear i think, just after buying a short spear from the merchant guy on 1-2. I've only got a **** bow so far though, and i used the only 6 arrows i found on some random enemies on 2-1. Will try and farm some more, and will go to 4-1 to get the better bow.

It better work though, as i dont think i can handle another instant death from the Tower Knight. :o

Instant death on tower knight, you definately need to level up then. concentrate on vitality, strength and dexterity, you'll definately need to up them to use the moon winged spear. Level up magic later.

Hold on to the moon winged spear, particularly handy for the skeletons on 4-1. upgrade the crap out of it, for me it's the best weapon in the game. Upgrade the crap out of the compund long bow. Makes most of the boss battles so much easier.

Yeah I've been farming for a bit now on those dragon bridges as I definitely need to upgrade more before continuing. I load up the phalanx level, kill the guys directly behind me, run past those mini phalanx (too much effort for little reward) then run along the bridges to the second outpost and let myself die. I then repeat and collect my soul then die again. Doing this allows me to double up my souls on each run, then when I've got enough souls I use the underground passage on the bridges to get back to the archstone and return to the phalanx

A few questions:
    1. Can I open the gate to the left of the room with the mini phalanx in it that leads to the underground passage beneath the bridges?
    2. Does people rating your messages have any affect on your stats?

Also, I don't know if I'm carrying something new or what but previously, when I used the archstones to return to the nexus I'd lose all my souls. Now when I use the archstones I keep all my souls (allowing me to farm) Was this happening for anyone else?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    A few questions:
    1. Can I open the gate to the left of the room with the mini phalanx in it that leads to the underground passage beneath the bridges?
    2. Does people rating your messages have any affect on your stats?

To get souls, you're best off doing 1-1 again, if you've the spear and spiked or flame shield, the knights are so much easier with it. I remember getting 4-5000 souls per run through. 4-1 would be worth going through too, as the enemy are very vulnerable to the spear and yield alot of souls also the compound long bow is there, do not even attempt the 2 bladed dude. The minute you get the bow, get out of there.

1. don't think so, does the door prompt you. To get to the passage, get to the first tower on the bridge, go to the bottom and take a left.
    2. I doubt it. I've left plenty of messages and got SFA for it.

As for the stones, i did'nt bother with them, i just went back to the nexus stone, but the one time i did use them, i kept my souls. Maybe its because you've beat the first boss or the recent patch brought it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

have the game a while now and i love it. the only thing im wondering about is if its possible to get new armor for your charachter? im getting bored of fluted armor.

Loads of Armour going around, but anything stronger\better than the fluted will have to found or won well into the game.

ok beat the tower knight, which was actually quite easy after i had leveled up a bit. Anyone know how you get past the big gate? it says i need the soul of a giant?

rossism wrote: »
    ok beat the tower knight, which was actually quite easy after i had leveled up a bit. Anyone know how you get past the big gate? it says i need the soul of a giant?

You can't do 1-3 without doing 2-2

• Advertisement

Yeah you're better off wandering around worlds 2,3 and 4 now, 1-3 is farely tough. I'd advise 4-1 and pick up the compound long bow, then go for the red dragon on the bridge.

Decided to leave the Tower boss for the time being, and killed the Spider Boss in 4-1 (i think) there. 1st time and all. Ahh that felt good :P

I'd recommend anyone having a hard time on the tower boss to go there. I would definitly say my dodging/blocking improved fighting that boss.

im stuck on the spider, i need more arrows:P. the knights easy enough as long as you stay behind him. white sticky stuff seems to be really effective against him.

Ahh, you dont need to use the bow for the Spider. Just dodge his web thing, then run around his fireball, block his swipe and run from his flame wave thing....easy :P

to late arrows are .....more effective:pac:.now if only that king Doran would hand over his sword id be sorted.

Doran is farely tough, altho if you have it, Death Cloud works really well on him. He does'nt drop any weapon, just a ring and some pretty decent light armour.

Anyone know where i can find chunks of spiderstone, doing my best to find some without any luck. According to Wiki the miners in 2-2 drop some but i killed at least 150 last night and all i got were the odd splinters, loads of chunks of sharp and hardstone tho.

How do you know what number the level is? I only see the name of the area. How do I know where 4.1 is?

I defeated the Tower Knight as well. Was surprised that stabbing him in the balls did so little damage so I moved around to stabbing him in the head, lol.

Also I bought the heal miracle but don't seem able to use it (it's greyed out) I thought it might of been that I needed to equip the catalyst stick but that didn't change it. How do I use the heal miracle (would really come in handy when I run out of herbs)

Also, I found this tip in regards to buffing your arrows with turpentine:

"Note: Normally all Bows cannot be buffed with Turpentine, Black Turpentine and Sticky White Stuff.
    However, you can buff it in the following manner:
    Equip a Bow on the Left Hand. Equip a weapon that can be buffed on the Right Hand, e.g. a Battle Axe.
    Use the weapon buff. The weapon on the right will be buffed.
    Press L1 to equip the Bow with 2 hand.
    If you shoot an arrow now, the arrows fired will have the weapon buff."

Just look at the stone positions, boletaria is world 1, 1-2 is the 2nd nexus stone, the phalanx one, 1-3 the tower knight nexus stone. Stonefang is 2, Tower of latria is world 3, shrine of storms 4 and so on.

Miracles you need the talisman of god, I think the beast talisman is the only item that can caste both magic and miracles. There is the insanity catalyst, i think it does both but it halves your mp and is a waste of a colourless demons soul.

Cheers for that AnCapaillMor. I guess I wasted a few thousand souls buying this miracle so, lol.

Also, in regards to the Crystal Geckos. Has anyone got the 1 in 1.1? I haven't even seen it. Supposedly it's in that little passage down to the left when you enter the level on the bridge but I've never seen it there.

Also the Crystal Gecko in 1.2 no longer seems to appear. It appeared once or twice and now it never appears.

• Advertisement

The talisman of god is fairly common, i think you'll come across in world 2. Its a bit of a pain in the ass equipping a catalyst and talisman to summon magic and miracles but its doable. The beast talisman does both but that requires a BW tendency and a tricky phantom fight.

you know that locked gate at the very start of Boletarian palace just down the steps from the first soldier you encounter?, well guess where the gecko is. Gate will only open on pure black\white world tendency. Him and the 1-2 guy are'nt that important as you can buy those ores of a dude in stonefangI(except chinks), however the chunks of sharpstone and hardstone are fairly common drops.

The 1-2 gecko, everytime you kill a boss of that world go back there(same applies every world), most of the times they'll appear once after an event like that. Make sure to have thief ring equipped it'll give you a head start on it, or just shoot it up the ar*e with an arrow. Same applies for the other worlds. There's one bit in 2-2 where there's at least 6 of them close together, having a good bow and theif ring can be very lucrative.

Advertisement