Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who thinks Trump will win?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Tucker is fond of hyperbole for sure but you'll find more truth in just one of his shows than you would watching CNN/MSNBC for a year.

In case anyone is unaware of how much of a joke Tucker Carlson is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Seems trump is closing the gap and Trafalgar polls prediction of another trump win is interesting, twitters actions and various media outlets not running the hunter biden story also in the case of journalist Glenn Greenwald who resigned because his story would not be published unless he removed parts critical of Biden has made me hope trump will win even though he is a moron.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭perrito caliente

Hard to see lethargic Joe Biden doing much with the presidency even if he wins. Trump just has so much more energy and charisma than slumberous Biden.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Hard to see lethargic Joe Biden doing much with the presidency even if he wins. Trump just has so much more energy and charisma than slumberous Biden.

I don't understand why anyone would thank this post. Charisma is a great tool to use to get elected, but what exactly has Trump's "energy" or "charisma" done for the country? Trump is a fascist who will lose next Tuesday. His sycophants like Outlaw Pete, Eric Cartman and the constant re-reg of "Real Donald Trump" will lap up the BS.

It's funny how Trump has made certain people very distrusting of the media, and generally more paranoid, but those same people have no objection with blindly believing every word that comes out of that halfwit's mouth. It's truly a display of astounding irony.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

False. Again.

https://twitter.com/JimS_Bosco/status/1322635469293834240

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,938 ✭✭✭patnor1011

Why was my post with this article deleted?
    Wisconsin Early Ballot Returns Show Polls Are Wrong–Republicans Storm The Polls, Now Ahead in WI
    https://www.toptradeguru.com/news/wisconsin-early-ballot-returns-show-recent-polls-are-wrong-as-republicans-storm-the-polls-now-ahead-in-wi/

Did I do something against rules?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,165 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

patnor1011 wrote: »
    Why was my post with this article deleted?
    Wisconsin Early Ballot Returns Show Polls Are Wrong–Republicans Storm The Polls, Now Ahead in WI
    https://www.toptradeguru.com/news/wisconsin-early-ballot-returns-show-recent-polls-are-wrong-as-republicans-storm-the-polls-now-ahead-in-wi/

Did I do something against rules?

Mmm. It's worth observing that those figures show nothing about how they voted, just the party affiliation of the voters. There's a lot of independents in that tally as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

If Trump wasn't competitive in Iowa he'd have no hope. Penn/Florida/Arizona are the keys I think aren't they?

I see Republicans are trying to get 100k votes thrown out in Texas, they've started already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭coco0981

I still think Trump will win comfortably. The polls will continue to close in to regain some credibility

What is Trump winning comfortably? Hard to see it, but tbf I didn't give him a chance last time either

• Registered Users Posts: 81,135 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Nature might not think he will win.

2 American Bald Eagles fly overhead Joe Biden today:

https://twitter.com/llcdillon/status/1322245530169257985?s=21

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »

They were probably vultures..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,100 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Overheal wrote: »

They sense an upcoming meal, good pickings on Joe.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭EasycomeEasygo

DubInMeath wrote: »
    So you have no problem with people gathering together in large groups during a pandemic and the costs of doing so in terms of the economy and the health service. After they have signed a waiver of course that they can't sue Trump and his cronies if they do get covid from attending.

Only a moron or a psychopath would think doing so is a great thing to see.

As for Biden he and his supporters don't appear moronic, or enough of a cu*t to insist on holding large rallies.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-updates/2020-election-campaign/?id=73917428#73927135

"5 coronavirus cases linked to Trump campaign events in Wisconsin, one case linked to Biden rally
    Wisconsin Department of Health Services told ABC News that a total of five cases have been linked to four different Trump rallies over the last three months.

Here's how the cases breakdown: One case from Oshkosh Trump rally on Aug. 17; One case from Mosinee Trump rally on Sept. 17; Two cases from Janesville Trump rally on Oct. 17; One case from Waukesha Trump rally on Oct. 24"

Given the thousands turning up to the Trump rallies and the small numbers that turn up to Biden's rallies you would be better off at Trump rally with those numbers. At those four Trump rallies there was probably somewhere between 50,000-100,000 people altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Cody montana

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/live-updates/2020-election-campaign/?id=73917428#73927135

"5 coronavirus cases linked to Trump campaign events in Wisconsin, one case linked to Biden rally
    Wisconsin Department of Health Services told ABC News that a total of five cases have been linked to four different Trump rallies over the last three months.

Here's how the cases breakdown: One case from Oshkosh Trump rally on Aug. 17; One case from Mosinee Trump rally on Sept. 17; Two cases from Janesville Trump rally on Oct. 17; One case from Waukesha Trump rally on Oct. 24"

Given the thousands turning up to the Trump rallies and the small numbers that turn up to Biden's rallies you would be better off at Trump rally with those numbers. At those four Trump rallies there was probably somewhere between 50,000-100,000 people altogether.

New Stanford University study estimates that 18 Trump rallies have led to 30,000 COVID cases and 700 deaths

New Stanford University study estimates that 18 Trump rallies have led to 30,000 COVID cases and 700 deaths

"estimates"

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Last I heard, unless someone can point out differently.

From what I gather he was never actually jailed, he was arrested and bailed the same day

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-trump-advisor-steve-bannon-arrested-on-charges-of-defrauding-donors-in-fundraising-scheme.html

Phoebas wrote: »
    Exit polls may be a bit more difficult this time around.

There has been so much more early and postal voting that the numbers of people voting in person on election day will be smaller and we don't know if they will be skewed one way or the other. The polling companies do exit poll early and postal voters, but exit polling over the phone is likely to be much less accurate than a face to face encounter with someone who has just walked out of a polling station.

There are practical difficulties too. In normal years, an exit poller would approach a voter and offer them a ballot paper and a pencil to fill it in with. With Covid, exit pollers need to keep their distance and take other precautions with the materials, so there is some risk of some people being reluctant to get involved in exit polls.

It may amount to nothing, but just adds a little more uncertainty for me.

Correct, the social distancing will play a part alright. In 2016 the exit polls indicated Hillary would win and that was put down to the shy Trump voter not wanting to say they had voted for Trump. This time round there would be a fear of losing your job or having property damaged admitting you voted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,216 ✭✭✭Cody montana

"estimates"

Yes, because people are still getting sick and dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,128 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Correct, the social distancing will play a part alright. In 2016 the exit polls indicated Hillary would win and that was put down to the shy Trump voter not wanting to say they had voted for Trump. This time round there would be a fear of losing your job or having property damaged admitting you voted for him.

Hysteria

• Registered Users Posts: 8,113 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

MadYaker wrote: »
    Hysteria

TDS, yeah

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

LMAO! Virtue signalling?? To speak about the enthusiasm for Trump??

Chief, you have no idea what virtue signalling is.
    Oh but I do, maybe you should find out what it means too: "the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue."

Now your posts might be amongst the primary offenders of this in the thread, but I was in that post mainly referring to the other person quoted, and their claim that 'corrupt mass media' supports Biden in an effort to virtue signal and claim the moral high ground - not like those "honest, law abiding" Trump supporters whose many instances of violence or thuggery will be ignored and/or defended to the hilt. See the Biden/Harris bus for just yesterday's example, barely a peep if any from Trump supporters on that one.

Another example on the subject of violence and thuggery is the virtue signalling over 'political violence' at some protests, and attempting to claim Biden supports this and is thus 'dangerous' as a result despite Biden's many condemnations of said violence... all the while happily ignoring (or in other cases, outright defending) Trump outright calling for violence from his supporters and offering to cover their legal fees if they did so.

Trump supporters love to virtue signal unlike almost any other group, and will happily ignore reality and/or just lie on a daily basis in order to do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Lads can we cut it out with the Sleepy Joe comments and insinuations. If you have something valid to say, by all means say it, but dont undermine your own points with the lazy and baseless Sleepy Joe remarks.

At this stage, they only serve to troll the other side, and will be treated as attempts to do so.

Any issues with this, my inbox is open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

Can we still keep insinuating that Trump is racist/sexist/hitler 2.0/the antichrist... ?

Anything basically?

And is it still okay to discuss Biden's mental acuity in relation to him potentially being the next POTUS and having his hands on the nuclear launch codes? There are definitely signs that he is slipping mentally, whether that's an illness or just natural at his advanced age. Seems this should be very relevant to any discussions - it's certainly going to be a consideration when people are casting their votes. As evidenced by many interviews with voters on the street.

So is it just nicknames we can't use, or no talk about mental issues period?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Can we still keep insinuating that Trump is racist/sexist/hitler 2.0/the antichrist... ?

Anything basically?

And is it still okay to discuss Biden's mental acuity in relation to him potentially being the next POTUS and having his hands on the nuclear launch codes? There are definitely signs that he is slipping mentally, whether that's an illness or just natural at his advanced age. Seems this should be very relevant to any discussions - it's certainly going to be a consideration when people are casting their votes. As evidenced by many interviews with voters on the street.

So is it just nicknames we can't use, or no talk about mental issues period?

If you are a qualified doctor, have examined Biden and come to a medical conclusion and can show proof that he does indeed have "mental issues" then I don't see an issue with it.

If you (like many have) just post an edited clip of Biden stumbling over a word or a phrase and say that this is proof of his alleged "mental issues" then I believe that is not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,242 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Some of the commentary I've heard over the last few days:

Oh Biden doesn't need Pennsylvania, Biden can loose Pennsylvania and still win. Trump needs Pennsylvania to win.

<flicks the channel>

Oh Biden doesn't need Florida, Biden can loose Florida and still win. Trump needs Florida to win.

But what if Biden looses Pennsylvania AND Florida, what then!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Gretas Gonna Get Ya!

If you are a qualified doctor, have examined Biden and come to a medical conclusion and can show proof that he does indeed have "mental issues" then I don't see an issue with it.

If you (like many have) just post an edited clip of Biden stumbling over a word or a phrase and say that this is proof of his alleged "mental issues" then I believe that is not allowed.

And what is the difference between making very valid points about Biden consistently displaying mental slippages... and say insinuating that Trump is a moron?

They're both motivated by the same thing... you think the person is not mentally capable of carrying out their duties.

I get cutting out the cheap nicknames... that's one thing. But I would like to know (from a mod preferably) if the actual discussion of these things is off the table?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

AllForIt wrote: »
    Some of the commentary I've heard over the last few days:

Oh Biden doesn't need Pennsylvania, Biden can loose Pennsylvania and still win. Trump needs Pennsylvania to win.

<flicks the channel>

Oh Biden doesn't need Florida, Biden can loose Florida and still win. Trump needs Florida to win.

Then its 279 trump party time.

It says a lot that there are many hoping texas flips blue as some way to stop trump

• Registered Users Posts: 25,348 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And what is the difference between making very valid points about Biden consistently displaying mental slippages... and say insinuating that Trump is a moron?

They're both motivated by the same thing... you think the person is not mentally capable of carrying out their duties.

I get cutting out the cheap nicknames... that's one thing. But I would like to know (from a mod preferably) if the actual discussion of these things is off the table?

Have you or any other Trump supporters ever posted anything insinuating Trump has mental health issues? I mean there is more than enough evidence out there seeing as he makes the same mistakes as Biden yet never a peep.

The difference in my opinion is simple, when someone posts a clip of Biden and makes an accusation its usually followed shortly after with someone posting the full clip proving that yet again Trump supporters post edited clips to make it look like Biden has issues.

Case in point here
    it all adds up, with the clips if Harris being introduced and th next president if the US and then dopey Joe going off script. ....

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1322677836713545729

ooooohhhh

Surprise surprise this is the full quote.

“I not only need you to get me elected, I need you once I’m elected”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,288 ✭✭✭✭8-10

AllForIt wrote: »

He still wins, he can lose both.

Trump needs to win at least 3 of Wisconsin, Michigan, Arizona, Georgia and North Carolina in addition to those 2.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement