Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Screenclick /An Post offer

• 05-02-2010 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭

2 months free rental with screenclick when you top up 20 euros at An Post

bull$hit - you need to be a new customer and add a credit card or pay a deposit but they dont tell you that until you go online :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sylvia.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    2 months free rental with screenclick when you top up 20 euros at An Post

bull$hit - you need to be a new customer and add a credit card or pay a deposit but they dont tell you that until you go online :mad:

Hi there,

I am writing from Screenclick, yes, Existing members or those who have previously enjoyed a free trial with any Screenclick-powered site are not eligible. We do ask for credit card or laser card details as the confirmation of age (we don't want the kids to rent movies that they shouldn't be watching) and to secure our DVDs however there is no payment taken whatsoever. If you have any quesions just give us a call 0818 270 710 or email support@screenclick.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

from the website it looks very good but to end your free trial you must return all dvds before your trial ends which might be difficult considering the punctuality of an post.

http://www.screenclick.com/Anpost
    At the end of your free trial, you will automatically become a paying member unless you cancel your subscription and return any of our discs in your possession BEFORE the end of your free trial.

more here http://www.screenclick.com/RegistrationTerms.aspx#Cancellation
    c) We must have received all discs in your possession before cancellation is effective. Cancellation will take effect from the day you cancel or the day all discs you have rented have been received by us, whichever is the later. If you cancel your subscription before your next Billing Date but we do not receive all outstanding discs from you before your Billing Date, you will be charged a further one month's subscription. You should therefore mail back any discs you have, leaving enough postal days for them to arrive with us prior to your next Billing Date. We recommend posting them at least five (5) working days prior to your Billing Date. When returning discs and cancelling your account, we advise obtaining a "Certificate of Posting" from your post office when posting our discs to us. Refunds will not be given for cancellations part-way through a billing period.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

I was a member of moviestar.ie and screenclick in the past. Moviestar were far superior choice wise etc. Experience with screenclick not so good, charged incorrectly, an email to customer services not answered, selection of movies not brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Found screenclick pretty terrible myself also. Pretty much the same as what the other poster said. Havent tried moviestar.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Cyril Squirrel

Screenclick and moviestar merged I think. But none of the good things about moviestar were kept, in my experience.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19 USA

I had one of these free trials with screenclick before, cancelled the account and returned all dvds at least a week before the trial ended yet they STILL charged my credit card for the next month. Stay away from them is my advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sylvia. wrote: »
    Hi there,

I am writing from Screenclick, yes, Existing members or those who have previously enjoyed a free trial with any Screenclick-powered site are not eligible. We do ask for credit card or laser card details as the confirmation of age (we don't want the kids to rent movies that they shouldn't be watching) and to secure our DVDs however there is no payment taken whatsoever. If you have any quesions just give us a call 0818 270 710 or email support@screenclick.com

and what if you dont have a credit or debit card? is it still free no you must pay like 50 euros throught the post office :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    you must pay like 50 euros throught the post office :rolleyes:
    It would be incredibly foolish of them not to look for a deposit.

USA wrote: »
    I had one of these free trials with screenclick before, cancelled the account and returned all dvds at least a week before the trial ended yet they STILL charged my credit card for the next month. Stay away from them is my advice.
    and there is no way of proving when they actually received your last dvds back so they could automatically charge or subscribe you and you have no way of contesting it!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

foggy_lad wrote: »
    and there is no way of proving when they actually received your last dvds back

Actually this was brought up in the thread in bargain alerts.....
    Hi there, I am sorry to hear that. We always advise our customers to get proof of postage and we always honor the date on it (even if we receive actual DVD weeks later). Any questions just give us a call 0818 270 710 or email support@screenclick.com
    rubadub wrote: »
    The site says you send it back freepost, can you get free proof of postage on freepost? I thought you only got it sending via registered post which is €5.25
    Yes you can get proof of postage. The only inconvenience is: you need to make it to the Post office and leave the envelope there. The FREEPOST is free only for customers…..we pay for it:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

the mail-based rentla thing sounds like a lot of hassle imo, especially when you can rent any new release for €2 in chartbusters

rubadub wrote: »
    Actually this was brought up in the thread in bargain alerts.....
    how are people supposed to know that this sylvia actually represents screenclick? and what authority does she have to over-ride the terms and conditions listed on their website?

i would be inclined towards the website terms and conditions as in the event of any dispute these are what screenclick will be quoting!

? and what authority does she have to over-ride the terms and conditions listed on their website?

/QUOTE]

you are right, I am not in the position to do it and I haven’t. Working here I know Screenclick’s T&C nearly by heart and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also email me support@screenclick.com or call our support lines 0818 270 210

? and what authority does she have to over-ride the terms and conditions listed on their website?

/QUOTE]

you are right, I am not in the position to do it and I haven’t. Working here I know Screenclick’s T&C nearly by heart and I will be happy to answer any questions you may have. You can also email me support@screenclick.com or call our support lines 0818 270 210
    so if i post back the dvds and they are delayed in the post i will be subscribed to the bronze service at €12.99/month even with a proof of postage as the terms clearly state the dvds must be received by screenclick before the cancellation can be processed.

this seems like a real money making exercise as any company operating such a policy could claim items were returned and received by them late and the customer has no way of disputing this!

so if i post back the dvds and they are delayed in the post i will be subscribed to the bronze service at €12.99/month even with a proof of postage as the terms clearly state the dvds must be received by screenclick before the cancellation can be processed.

this seems like a real money making exercise as any company operating such a policy could claim items were returned and received by them late and the customer has no way of disputing this!

It does not happen very often that the DVDs get delayed in transit. As I said we will always accept the date on the proof of postage as the date when the DVDs were returned. If you are really worried that your DVDs might be badly delayed on their way back to us you can simply email us the proof of postage and we will close your account immediately without even waiting for the DVDs to come back to us. We do want our customers to be happy with the service so it is our highest priority to always look for fair solutions.

It does not happen very often that the DVDs get delayed in transit. As I said we will always accept the date on the proof of postage as the date when the DVDs were returned. If you are really worried that your DVDs might be badly delayed on their way back to us you can simply email us the proof of postage and we will close your account immediately without even waiting for the DVDs to come back to us. We do want our customers to be happy with the service so it is our highest priority to always look for fair solutions.
    i am not a customer and my point was that i would never sign up to any service where the terms and conditions gave the company a licence to print money.

Advertisement