Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare for part-time worker

• 07-01-2009 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

I've just been made part-time at work and I'm now down to a 26 hour week spread over three days. My question is, am I entitled to some reduced form of Jobseeker's Allowance or Benefit or is there any other kind of top-up payment I should be looking into?

Also, seeing as I still have a job and therefore don't have a P45, what to I need to bring with me to the social welfare office instead of that?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭johnmahon010186

Mahell wrote: »
    I've just been made part-time at work and I'm now down to a 26 hour week spread over three days. My question is, am I entitled to some reduced form of Jobseeker's Allowance or Benefit or is there any other kind of top-up payment I should be looking into?

Also, seeing as I still have a job and therefore don't have a P45, what to I need to bring with me to the social welfare office instead of that?

Yea, you can sign on for casual jobseekers benefit or assistance depending on your contributions. You'll get paid for the days of the week you dont work.

Theres a form youll be given to get your employer to state your days in work are reduced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 FenderJazz

Mahell wrote: »

I'm in the same boat, but only getting 18-19 hrs. What do the social welfare pay you for say a days work then?

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Fredrick

Yea, you can sign on for casual jobseekers benefit or assistance depending on your contributions. You'll get paid for the days of the week you dont work.

Theres a form youll be given to get your employer to state your days in work are reduced.

Yeah its not a whole lot they pay you but it definately helps. Johns right about the forms i got my boss to give me a signed letter stating the date i began my 3 day wks and i brought it up to the social had to bring ID and my P60 i think too they gave me the forms one for both you and your boss to fill out and sign and then get them back asap so they can get things moving. Heard theres a backlog and people have to wait wks before they start recieving payments for the dole i dont know whether that will affect you probably will.

Patrick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,686 ✭✭✭RealistSpy

It depends on how much PRSI you have. If you have non or just little you won't be entitled to C.J.A.
    The backlog could also be months especially now with plenty signing on. Bloody Bankers!

Advertisement