Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

When they close a thread rather than just remove individuals

I find that so annoying . We are having a good discussion , some eejit pops along and posts rubbish and they close the thread instead of removing the posts

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

I just got a 128GB USB stick from Amazon and the f*cking thing is formatted FAT32 ... I mean WTF??!!!

In this day and age ??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

When people who can't see something refuse to put on there glasses!

When you wake up and can't see where your glasses might even be.

It's all a blur.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,005 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Washing a saucepan that's been used to cook scrambled eggs

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

Deja Boo wrote: »
    When you wake up and can't see where your glasses might even be.

It's all a blur.

I agree. If I misplace my glasses I'm done for as I haven't a hope in hell of seeing them myself.
    I have mistaken tomato stalks for spiders. I told the child there was a hedgehog on the road and when we went out it was a dead rhododendron head and I have tried to pick up a patch of sunlight off the floor, all when I wasn't wearing the specklies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,644 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd that my wife and I were watching a program about Top of the Pops in 1978, and I CAN'T GET THE GODDAM SMURF SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Damned if I'm suffering alone though...

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭EmptyTree

Price of a hotel room in Dublin on a Saturday night the first weekend in February, I could get a week in Fuerteventura for some of the prices quoted!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

storker wrote: »
    TA'd that my wife and I were watching a program about Top of the Pops in 1978, and I CAN'T GET THE GODDAM SMURF SONG OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Damned if I'm suffering alone though...

Well feck you! I didn't even have to press play, just saw the thumb nail and the chorus of 'la la lalala la la la laah' in that infuriating nazal squeek immediately started up in my head.
    TA the TA thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Obnoxious neighbour pulling an all night screaming fest, and still at it... jayz the nasty words I am learning!

another long night of pillow over ears

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭Be right back

Deja Boo wrote: »
    Obnoxious neighbour pulling an all night screaming fest, and still at it... jayz the nasty words I am learning!

another long night of pillow over ears

When you leave the house later, 'forget' to turn the radio off. Wouldn't it be awful if it was at full volume too?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,065 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The weather. Just gimme the snow. All of it. Now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dial Hard wrote: »
    A pair of canvassers entered your home arbitrarily, uninvited and without permission? Sure Jan.

They actually did, Doubting Thomas.
    Front door was unlocked, so they carried on in, shouting and knocking on doors inside.
    The thing I hate about the country is that every hoor thinks he can just show up uninvited.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The weather. Just gimme the snow. All of it. Now.

Fcuk snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

EmptyTree wrote: »
    Price of a hotel room in Dublin on a Saturday night the first weekend in February, I could get a week in Fuerteventura for some of the prices quoted!

6 Nations starts that weekend, that's why.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭mondeo

People sucking and licking their fingers in cafes over their sticky cakes.... I get up and sit somewhere else when I see this sort of thing within my line of sight or hearing. It really irritates me, especially when it's men that do it. All you can hear is their saliva slurping around their germ ridden fingers. You can hear it from one end of the cafe to the other if the conditions are right. F you and use a fork..

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Prominent_Dawg

mondeo wrote: »
    People sucking and licking their fingers in cafes over their sticky cakes....

Or when pastries and scones are just displayed openly in cafes disgusting!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Those bloody paper jam rags at the bottom of a packet of beef mince. I was frying a block of mince on a high temperature in order to get it nice and brown only for me to flip it over to the other side and discover that I never took the bloody paper off!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Missed the Dublin Kerry match last night, was going to watch it back today, but the first thing I saw in the morning was a notification on my phone giving away the result.

F*cksake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Noise at a party, couldn't hear myself think

• Registered Users Posts: 11,198 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

People asking questions that they already know the answer to, just to see what you'd say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Leaving reviews on Just Eat and the only ones that ever show up are the 100% reviews. Anything with a negative point in it never gets past the moderation stage. I left one that said great food as usual but it was cold on arrival, never seen again. Disgraceful sh*te.

Don't believe Just Eat reviews!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

In the UK for the weekend, we went for dinner last night to some Italian place and I ordered a carbonara.

The carbonara arrived to the table with two cooked rashers plonked on top of the spaghetti, and not mixed in at all. Wtf.
    Absolute blasphemy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,863 ✭✭✭mikhail

mondeo wrote: »
    People sucking and licking their fingers in cafes over their sticky cakes.... I get up and sit somewhere else when I see this sort of thing within my line of sight or hearing. It really irritates me, especially when it's men that do it. All you can hear is their saliva slurping around their germ ridden fingers. You can hear it from one end of the cafe to the other if the conditions are right. F you and use a fork..
    People who eat in public and are disgusted at the sight of others eating.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ridiculous plot twists

A main character dies, we all saw him die and two episodes and over a year later in the story timeline he magically wanders in just as friends and family were discussing him

Getuptheyard!

Dallas was before my time but I remember something similar happened there and someone came back to life.

My enjoyment of this new Netflix series just took a dive

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

TA freaked out all day after a really troubling dream. Also because I was scrolling through Rip. ie looking for someone's arrangements and I saw the death notice of the teacher I had for 5th and 6th class. Something made me think of her a week or so ago and I'd wondered if she was still alive..
    TA at 8yr olds who always know best. Said 8yr old is annoyed with me because I won't let her wee in a jar and use it for invisible ink. WTF?. Give me strength!

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA freaked out all day after a really troubling dream. Also because I was scrolling through Rip. ie looking for someone's arrangements and I saw the death notice of the teacher I had for 5th and 6th class. Something made me think of her a week or so ago and I'd wondered if she was still alive..
    TA at 8yr olds who always know best. Said 8yr old is annoyed with me because I won't let her wee in a jar and use it for invisible ink. WTF?. Give me strength!

I'm actually skitting at that Rubberlegs,you're little one sounds gas.

The hotel here said they would print our boarding passes(we're old fashioned lol)if we email them to reception trying to do it for the last half our and we can't do it because we're both dopey with phones, my friend has ho out to them now because I'm too embarrassed and now I have to have another drink while I wait for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Rubberlegs wrote: »

We used to use Lemon juice !!! Easier than weeing in a jar . !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My kids have phones and they are texting me every 2 seconds for something or other

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

This is not directed at anyone it's a genuine TA. People who post passive aggressive responses to other people's TAs.This is the TA thread, a sacred place for fellow cranks who want to air a trivial grievance. Its just even more annoying when people respond that they are trivially annoyed by your trivial annoyance. It's the TA thread! TA that some people completely miss this point!

Also TA drivers who drive up too close behind me. You're not gonna make me drive faster with your intimidation and if I need to brake suddenly you will cause an accident.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As its a special time in my family, I bought myself a ticket for a comedy gig,
    one of my sis's told one of the bro's and he asked me to get him a ticket as well,
    there is no hope of him leaving me alone to enjoy the show.

He's taken all the good out of it, complaining about how he has to rush his tea, midder over where he parks his car and how long the walk between the car park and the venue(10 mins max).

TA that I expected it to be different.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement