Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Foreign birth registration received but no citizenship at birth of my daughter.. Is s

• 26-03-2020 3:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all,

I recently went through the process of applying for Irish citizenship. It's always been something I wanted to do before I had a child so that they would also be eligible. (I'm eligible via all grandparents).

With the nature of these things. And having a large family. It took ages to obtain the necessary documentation of my deceased grandparent for the application on the foreign births register. However this was completed and sent off.

I made a point of contacting the team to inform of my expectant child (as I'd heard of delays due to brexit). I was informed this shouldn't be an issue if I note and provide proof of pregnancy.
    I therefore included hospital paperwork and a cover letter stating my wife's due date. I also wrote on the front of the envelope that my wife was expecting! (I then tried numerous times to re-contact the FBR team with no luck).

On the 20th of February I received an email to say my application was received.

My lovely daughter was then born on the 7th March. Before citizenship was granted to me.

By virtue of me not receiving my citizenship in time of her birth. Is she now not entitled to be Irish by decent? Or by my application being received she now has a right to the citizenship of her ancestry?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Warmest regards.

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Wanderer19

No advice, but congratulations ��♀️��

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,614 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Congratulations on the birth of your daughter.

We're not really qualified to give you a definitive answer. It's best to check with the Dept directly.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Advertisement