Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn II

Blueshoe wrote: »
    1) do you have intelligence that says different or was it on a YouTube video?
    2) in the short term possibly. But again for the greater good

1) the crap YouTube video was in fact from the US. I’m not believing crap YouTube videos. You are.
    2) it would be fairly long term. Iran isn’t easily invaded and as long as it continues to fight it can destabilise shipping.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

1) the crap YouTube video was in fact from the US. I’m not believing crap YouTube videos. You are.
    2) it would be fairly long term. Iran isn’t easily invaded and as long as it continues to fight it can destabilise shipping.

So what do you believe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭_blaaz

So what do you believe?

Not a word the yanks/brits say anyway

So what do you believe?

I believe it’s either a false flag by the US or it’s allies, or the allies (Saudi) are misleading the US.

Iran has no reason to do this. And the original story has been mostly debunked anyway.

I believe it’s either a false flag by the US or it’s allies, or the allies (Saudi) are misleading the US.

Iran has no reason to do this. And the original story has been mostly debunked anyway.

Your conclusion is definitely possible. Nonetheless I wouldn't be against the Us enforcing a regime change to a party more favourable to Western interests. Control of the oil supply will become more and more important going forward.
    I would prefer an American led global economy than a Chinese.
    The balance may eventually shift.

• Advertisement

Your conclusion is definitely possible. Nonetheless I wouldn't be against the Us enforcing a regime change to a party more favourable to Western interests

This will.just lead to civil war as accusations of it being a puppet government would be impossible to counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,550 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Bolton has never seen a war he did not like.

Maybe America are telling the truth about this incident, but given their history of telling lies to advance their geo political aim over the years , i doubt it.

Your conclusion is definitely possible. Nonetheless I wouldn't be against the Us enforcing a regime change to a party more favourable to Western interests. Control of the oil supply will become more and more important going forward.
    I would prefer an American led global economy than a Chinese.
    The balance may eventually shift.

You haven’t been paying attention if you think that American led wars in the Middle East have promoted stability in any way, shape or form.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,380 ✭✭✭✭listermint

He probably learned from Obama's mistakes in that department so.

Trumps has more drone strikes under his belt that his predecessor.

No idea where this notion comes from that he is moderate or interested in stopping the us actions abroad.

He loves the thrill of it and bragging about it afterwards

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 410 ✭✭Dog Man Star

The only thing you need to know about Trump is this: the only reason he has not been indicted, is because he is the President. if he loses the election in 2020, he will be arrested and charged and will die in jail, just like his campaign adviser Paul Manafort.

Trump knows this.

What you will see over the next 18 months will be a barrage of lies, criminality and the worst of human life. An invasion of Iran is a certainty. The next 18 months is going to be horrific for the US, and possibly all of us. The only hope we have is that he is impeached by his own colleagues in the Republican Party. He has already said he won't stand down, as Nixon did, so we are in for a very rough ride. He is already "wagging the dog" in Iran, and invasion seems a certainty and will result in thousands of civilian deaths.

He may be a fat orange clown, but we are in for a hellish 18 months. 18 months that all Americans should remember next time they go to a polling booth.

Not much consolation for the Iranian family, dropping their children to school, before the US bombs begin to fall on them to keep Trump out of jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,003 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

And the original story has been mostly debunked anyway.
    Which part was debunked? There were 4 ships attacked in that area and in all cases they were attacked for effect rather than to sink them.

You haven’t been paying attention if you think that American led wars in the Middle East have promoted stability in any way, shape or form.

Iraq's oil fields were opened up to American companies who now control many of them.
    Mission accomplished.

Destabilising the region is only collateral damage. Not important

Oil is central to Iraq's present and future. It accounts for 99% of all government revenue. Along with existing reserves of 143 billion barrels (5th in the world) it is estimated there are 50 to 200 billion barrels yet to be discovered making it the largest unexplored market in the world.

And with a pro American government in place that oil is as good as in Us hands.

Iran next

The entire incident has been co-ordinated by Saudi Arabia. Anyone with a glimmer of intelligence knows this.

There is absolutely no appetite among Americans for invading Iran. This is where Trump will come unstuck.

The entire incident has been co-ordinated by Saudi Arabia. Anyone with a glimmer of intelligence knows this.

There is absolutely no appetite among Americans for invading Iran. This is where Trump will come unstuck.

It doesn't need to be a military invasion. An economic destruction via even tougher sanctions will get the same result. It's the common people who suffer most from sanctions and if enough squeeze is put on them it may spark internal conflict which gives the US a chance to install a government more favourable.
    Easy peasy

Trump won the swing states by 77,000 votes in total in 2016. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8M votes. Trump will lose the 2020 election by a landslide, as the Republicans lost the 2018 elections by enormous margins.

No one wants to say this, but he has zero chance of being re-elected, not a hope in hell.

Trump won the swing states by 77,000 votes in total in 2016. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8M votes. Trump will lose the 2020 election by a landslide, as the Republicans lost the 2018 elections by enormous margins.

No one wants to say this, but he has zero chance of being re-elected, not a hope in hell.

Trump is a shoe in. The economy is booming. He won't be beaten

• Registered Users Posts: 20,394 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Let's not underestimate the Democrats ability to screw it up.

It doesn't need to be a military invasion. An economic destruction via even tougher sanctions will get the same result. It's the common people who suffer most from sanctions and if enough squeeze is put on them it may spark internal conflict which gives the US a chance to install a government more favourable.
    Easy peasy

True, but you're not taking Trump's view. Trump doesn't care about Iran nor the US, only votes, and a war wins votes. John Bolton in his ear, a war to get him re-elected, a war will happen. I am telling you now, Trump will invade Iran within the next two months.

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Let's not underestimate the Democrats ability to screw it up.

Not a chance. Trump ran on promises last time, he has delivered nothing. Warren will win the nomination and she will destroy him.

There is not a chance in hell he will be re-elected, not a hope.

True, but you're not taking Trump's view. Trump doesn't care about Iran nor the US, only votes, and a war wins votes. John Bolton in his ear, a war to get him re-elected, a war will happen. I am telling you now, Trump will invade Iran within the next two months.

Let's make a bet on both.

You say trump won't be elected and the Us will invade Iran in the next 2 months.
    I say the opposite.

Not a chance. Trump ran on promises last time, he has delivered nothing. Warren will win the nomination and she will destroy him.

There is not a chance in hell he will be re-elected, not a hope.

The Us economy is booming. This is all that matters. People are working and have more money.

Let's make a bet on both.

You say trump won't be elected and the Us will invade Iran in the next 2 months.
    I say the opposite.

Not a chance in hell Trump will be re-elected, not a chance.

The US want to invade Iran. My only caveat is I am not sure whether Trump needs congressional approval. I am also not sure whether they need the approval of an Ally. But I will research both and let you know.

Not a chance in hell Trump will be re-elected, not a chance.

The US want to invade Iran. My only caveat is I am not sure whether Trump needs congressional approval. I am also not sure whether they need the approval of an Ally. But I will research both and let you know.

Just a bet on the election then.

The possibility of an invasion has too many factors at play. Messy

The Us economy is booming. This is all that matters. People are working and have more money.

Yes, Trump camp keeps saying that, but Trump has not even broken 50% approval, the worst in history. I don't think Americans believe a word he says. They don't have more money, it is tax season and none have reported a higher rebate than usual. Some have actually owed the tax office money.

So your three statements don't stand up to the truth test. It is easy to get low unemployment for wages that are so low, that they cannot support a single person.

On that note, Kamala Harris was in McDonalds pushing a minimum wage and Warren is also pushing a minimum wage, likewise Sanders.

Who will you vote for? Trump telling you the economy has never been better, or Warren who says your $7 an hour will be $15 an hour under her adminstration, funded by billionaire tax hikes.

Hmmmm, tough one.

That noise is the sound of another blue tidal wave in 2020.

Yes, Trump camp keeps saying that, but Trump has not even broken 50% approval, the worst in history. I don't think Americans believe a word he says. They don't have more money, it is tax season and none have reported a higher rebate than usual. Some have actually owed the tax office money.

So your three statements don't stand up to the truth test. It is easy to get low unemployment for wages that are so low, that they cannot support a single person.

On that note, Kamala Harris was in McDonalds pushing a minimum wage and Warren is also pushing a minimum wage, likewise Sanders.

Who will you vote for? Trump telling you the economy has never been better, or Warren who says your $7 an hour will be $15 an hour under her adminstration, funded by billionaire tax hikes.

Hmmmm, tough one.

Is min wage really 7 dollar an hour in america....wtf

_blaaz wrote: »
    Is min wage really 7 dollar an hour in america....wtf

Yes it is. And when Warren visits your town and tells you that under her Administration, you will be paid a minimum $15 an hour, paid for by taxing Amazon. Who would you vote for?

And when Warren says she will provide Universal Health Care and free University Fees, again paid by Billionaires, will you still vote for Trump?

Warren is the greatest thing to happen to Americans.

When your average American brings their kid to the doctors with a fever and they are treated, without being asked for any money, the Democrats have secured the next 50 years in the US.

And it is happening, and it will happen. Universal healthcare and free university. THAT is the US we want.

And they always ask Warren, "How will you pay?" And she always replies, "by taxing billionaires to the law"

Amazon paid $0.00 in tax last year. Amazon's legal tax would pay for 3 years of healthcare for Americans.

Hmmmm, tough one.

That noise is the sound of another blue tidal wave in 2020.

Use the stock market as an indicator of how the economy is doing.
    It is booming.

Why should someone on minimum wage be able to afford everything anyway? It's no different here.
    It's the very bottom. It should just be enough to keep someone out of homelessness. If you want better then you must work for it. Extra qualifications etc.
    The US do not have a ridiculous welfare policy like we have in Europe where people are rewarded for lack of ambition.
    It's the home of capitalism.

Warren etc are full of it. The billionaires will pay through taxation. Don't make me laugh. That's pie in the sky populism

• Advertisement

Trump has not a chance of winning the 2020 election, not a chance in hell.

Boris Johnson will take the the leadership of the Tories, until the next election when Labour will win by a landslide.

People are not stupid all the time.

Advertisement