Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€15 - 20GB + Unlimited any network calls and texts + free roaming - Lycamobile

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭JaCrispy

You had me doubting myself but I just checked and it's definitely the Ireland Plus bundle - Not top ups.

You don't need to buy the bundle every month. The €15 top up alone will give you unlimited calls and lots of GB of data. You also get €15 back in credit.
    Then the following month use that credit of €15 to buy the Ireland Plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

...top up automatically with €15 each month. So why then does my account show a balance in the region of €23?

Only speculating but you might not have been buying bundles all the way through since March. Top up gives calls + 15GB. Credit older than 3 months is gone so there's possibly 30 euro accumulated but with texts excluded from the top up offer, the 7 euro difference could be for sent texts. What does the usage history show, if there's a charge shown for any text then it was outside bundle which indicates the bundle wasn't active.

Also, calls to 1890, 1850, 0818 etc are charged for as they aren't included in the bundle.

Also check whether or not the bundle is set to auto renew. Auto top up might not necessarily mean bundle auto renew.

Anyway if you've checked all that already then don't know why there's that amount of credit built up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭podgeandrodge

am i right in saying that with Lyca you have to look at ads (or at least have to skip them) to surf the net?

am i right in saying that with Lyca you have to look at ads (or at least have to skip them) to surf the net?

No of course not. Where in gods name did you hear that?

JaCrispy wrote: »
    No of course not. Where in gods name did you hear that?

below, sorry, maybe misunderstanding!
    zell12 wrote: »
    Internet stoppages have reduced significantly
    but
    Lycamobile ads appear constantly now when opening web pages - how to block them?
    Suckit wrote: »
    You can use Blokada if not rooted or Adaway if you are.
    Also it is a very good idea to change browser on your phone to one of these (for example)
    Edge, Bromite, Yuzu or Kiwi and turn on adblocker.

Blokada can't be used concurrently with a VPN on your phone.

• Advertisement

below, sorry, maybe misunderstanding!

Am I?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭mickoneill31

I don't see any ads anymore on mine. They appeared for a couple of days (very infrequently) about a month ago but don't anymore. I don't use an ad locker.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭Danny2580

No ads here.

Am I?

I think that poster might have been referring to the lycamobile.ie website.

Not for general browsing from your phone

a good bundle imo currently (if you can get by with 5gb on the bundle month by using wifi in places) is the Europe Plus bundle
    5gb data with europe roaming
    300 mins voice that can be used to call landline and mobile pretty much anywhere in Europe so if you want / need to be able to call European numbers very useful

10 euro

so for example,

top up 15 twice for 2 30 day periods = 30 euro credit and Ireland + data in those periods
    3 x 10 euro Europe Plus bundles = 30 credit

so that's basically 6 euro cost per 30 days.

• Advertisement

top up 15 twice for 2 30 day periods = 30 euro credit and Ireland + data in those periods
    3 x 10 euro Europe Plus bundles = 30 credit

Just to point out that credit expires after 90 days so stagger the 15 top ups rather than topping up in consecutive months.

Eg
    1st Month 15e top up => 15e balance
    2nd Month 10e bundle => 5e balance
    3rd Month 15e top up => 20e balance
    4th Month 10e bundle => 10e balance
    5th Month 10e bundle => 0e balance

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Just to point out that credit expires after 90 days so stagger the 15 top ups rather than topping up in consecutive months.

Eg

fair enough -> yes that's what I do - was less typing just to paint the overall picture :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭irishchris

Eg

I thought you could not use the 15€ top up credit to buy bundles for the following month. On port in offer again at minute but noticed the terms of the top up offer states can't be used for bundles?

https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/special-offers/special-offers-top-up-offers/
    The free credit cannot be used to purchase additional Lycamobile products (i.e. bundles, roaming Services) and the credit cannot be transferred. The free credit cannot be used to call Premium Service numbers.

Others can confirm but that refers to free credit only. Lyca may, in the past, have given a couple of euro extra free credit when topping up but not any more. They just didn't bother updating the terms to delete that wording.

Top up wouldn't be considered free credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,282 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Lycamobile reserves the right to withdraw or suspend the offers or to disconnect you if we suspect that offer is being used for commercial purposes, for conferencing, if it is not being used in a handset (in a SIM box for example),
    or if it is being used for tethering.
    Has anyone had this happen to them?
    Would it have to be prolonged use of tethering to be detected?

I'd say so, yes. Never had any issues with same.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can't topup using paypal. I keep getting this error:
    54dViEL.png

Seems only to happen when topping up normally.

When paying for a bundle it goes through straight away.

Have Lyca stopped blocking tethering? They used to block it unless TTL on the tethered device was changed to match the handset TTL.

Have Lyca stopped blocking tethering? They used to block it unless TTL on the tethered device was changed to match the handset TTL.
    Asked the same question above. I don't want to get my number barred from using their network!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭McSim

Yes. Lyca started messing with customers tarffic about 6 months ago or so.
    To me it manifests as Viber stopped working on Lycamobile data connection and ads are injected into http traffic, I see them all the time. Worse, those ads break quite a few pages I tried to browse.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,770 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Help needed please.
    I'm out of contract with Eir and I have an unlocked phone. I wish to switch to Lycamobile €15 deal with 25 g & unlimited calls & texts.
    I got a €15 top up voucher on my way home plus a Lyca sim.

Could someone explain how I port my number over, I already advised Eir of this.

Do I just switch off my phone.
    Enter new Sim.
    Top up x £15.

I'm wary about entering the new sim and topping up as I'm afraid I'll get a new number.

All help appreciated.

If I were you I'd ask eir to convert your account to PAYG and keep it alive for the first month, just to be sure there aren't any issues with Lyca (data speed, signal, banking verification codes etc). The only drawback is having to make calls/texts with another number for that month.

Once you put the Lyca SIM in the phone, it'll have that SIMs phone number (089...). This won't have any impact on the eir phone number until you port it to Lyca using the Lyca SIM in conjunction with this page...
    https://www.lycamobile.ie/en/help/transfer-your-number/
    Note the times for porting...
    Business time for weekdays between 08:00 to 17:55
    Business time for weekends between 10:00 to 15:55

Don't forget that you don't have to buy a bundle, topping up by 15euro gives 15GB and all calls (but no text) and keep the 15 top up.

Just go to Lycamobile website on above link and port following the instructions.
    Wait for the Eir sim to fail, then insert Lyca sim and top-up

No need to advise Eir of anything.

As above go to the website and port using instructions - if you run into trouble, tweet them, I find they are quite responsive on twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Shorty69664

How do you cancel Lycamobile?
    I've cancelled Bundle auto renew but is there more?
    Do I have to give 30 days notice???

I'm switching to the new gomo sim deal...

Cancel any card/bundle details with them. Switch.

How do you cancel Lycamobile?
    I've cancelled Bundle auto renew but is there more?
    Do I have to give 30 days notice???

I'm switching to the new gomo sim deal...

You can make your port over date the day your lyca bundle runs out.
    Unlikely they will be reaching that 100,000 soon. More marketing than I remember any previous, but still a high number.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Concerned Irishman

I have found Lycamobile an absolute nightmare to deal with. First huge problems getting the SIM cards, then some problems setting them up for the kids. The kids have had them for two weeks and they continuously complain about lack of internet and 3G etc. I signed up for GoMo immediately and will port them ASAP.

• Advertisement

Which supermarkets sell Lycamobile credit?
    Supervalu do.
    Dunnes? Tesco? Lidl?

Advertisement