Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get Netflix cheaper - SEE OP FOR DETAILS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,384 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In light of current account suspensions, I'd alight the loss in exchange rate for peace of mind at present.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

Out of curiosity did anyone get their suspended accounts reactivated??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Out of curiosity did anyone get their suspended accounts reactivated??

Yes, but I had to switch to an Irish credit card and away from Revolut. Also had to wait a few days between the account suspension and reactivating as couldn't renew straight away even with an Irish card. FYI below
    To update. I was with Netflix Turkey for past couple of months on premium package paying TRY 42/m but having cancelled my account the other night I today received a refund for TRY 84. Surprised both months were refunded as they only cancelled my account mid way through the second billing period.

Having failed the other night to renew my account via TOR with an AIB credit card I tried again this evening and surprisingly it worked this time round. Opted for standard package at TRY 30/m (got premium for first month at no additional cost). AIB charged an extortionate FX rate of 6.13496 so payment came to €4.89 (same payment on Revolut would have been €4.785) but still better than the Rip Of Republic price of €11.99 for same thing which I wouldn't have paid.

Will be interesting to see if they cancel my account in future since all I did was as told and renewed with a different credit card. Perhaps they're only closing accounts set up with Revolut for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Yes, but I had to switch to an Irish credit card and away from Revolut. Also had to wait a few days between the account suspension and reactivating as couldn't renew straight away even with an Irish card. FYI below

I'll try this shortly. I've two Revolut card numbers so used the other one to get a free month with a new account. I'll try update my original account with an Irish card, see what the story is.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,674 ✭✭✭✭unkel

TheDriver wrote: »
    In light of current account suspensions, I'd alight the loss in exchange rate for peace of mind at present.

What account suspensions? I have had my Netflix paid in Mexican and recently in Turkish currency for dunno a couple of years now, no issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

unkel wrote: »
    What account suspensions? I have had my Netflix paid in Mexican and recently in Turkish currency for dunno a couple of years now, no issues.

Like that here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

My Windscribe is looking for a fee to unlock Turkey for VPN. Do I have to pay or is there a way around this ?

Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,221 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

My Windscribe is looking for a fee to unlock Turkey for VPN. Do I have to pay or is there a way around this ?

Thanks in advance.

Use tor with exit nodes set to {tr} - worked for me, no charge, just a tiny amount of effort needed.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭mickger844posts

I can't even sign into my Turkish Account using Tor with Turkey as location. I always get a network error message. If i change location to US or Ireland i can sign in no problems. Might just try another email and set up a new account.

Edit: Tried a different route and clicked to start a 30 day trial but since ive had this already they pushed me to the payment update page. Entered my Irish card and it was successful so my Turkish Account is back up and running. Wonder how long it will last.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,233 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Can confirm I let my Irish account expire fully and rejoined at Turkish prices with Avast VPN.

Also signed up to Turkish Youtube Premium.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Can confirm I let my Irish account expire fully and rejoined at Turkish prices with Avast APN.

Also signed up to Turkish Youtube Premium.

Switch youtube to India and it is €1,60 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

flexcon wrote: »
    Switch youtube to India and it is €1,60 a month.

don't want to derail the thread too much, but is this the same trick? can I keep my existing youtube account or do I have to start fresh?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

don't want to derail the thread too much, but is this the same trick? can I keep my existing youtube account or do I have to start fresh?

I kept my existing youtube account no problem (I wasn't premium before though).

I followed the steps on hukd .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

6 months into my Turkish sub, (think I was in Argentina the year before!), and I woke this morning to a Revolut notification that my payment had been reverted. Does this mean this months payment didn't go through then? Or a refund from Netflix?! My account is still working on my phone anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭jkbah

Testament1 wrote: »
    6 months into my Turkish sub, (think I was in Argentina the year before!), and I woke this morning to a Revolut notification that my payment had been reverted. Does this mean this months payment didn't go through then? Or a refund from Netflix?! My account is still working on my phone anyway!

Same thing happened to me. Have an older sub that's working ok though for the moment. They're having similar problems on hukd too

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

Have they banned Revolut as a payment method? I used to just create a new virtual card and sign up for the trial every few months when there's something I'd want to watch or I'd be away travelling with work. Won't accept any Revolut as payment at all now.

Back to torrents for me anyway, shows/films I'll actually watch.. Would rather put the money towards upgrading my NAS than paying for majority of rubbish on offer on Netflix.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Barr

I've signed up by reactivating an expired account using HolaVPN (you get 3 days free) -Turkey.

It took a few attempts as I kept getting a "error connection "

I tried Revolut but it asked for a mobile number to verify.

Used my Visa Card and hey presto it went through.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

My payment went through fine with Revolut this morning for Netflix Turkey

25-B73-F15-A8-DB-4153-BF34-D0-CB856855-A0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

Still can't sign up again using my old account, even tried Irish card but says payment error when using tor. Think my account is just black listed now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭Testament1

Aquos76 wrote: »

My previous 5 months went through no bother each time. This is the first reverted payment I've had. Netflix still working though, curious

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,377 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

25-B73-F15-A8-DB-4153-BF34-D0-CB856855-A0.jpg

That's still pending. Expect it to be rejected in a few days. Just click on it for more detail

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

Just had a look at mine, payment still pending from 08 Oct, so tomorrow I presume that payment will be reverted?

That's still pending. Expect it to be rejected in a few days. Just click on it for more detail

Yeah it is still pending, will be interesting to see if it will be reverted, a friend of mine had his payment go through last Thursday with Revolut and his isnt pending anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,096 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Have a payment pending on Revolut also since Oct 11 so the game may finally be up.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭drinkingwater

My payment went through on the 9th, also revolut

What I’ve noticed in previous payments, up to August this year all my payments on my turkey sub were showing up as “Netflix Amsterdam” however September and today’s one is just showing “Netflix”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭glic83

What I’ve noticed in previous payments, up to August this year all my payments on my turkey sub were showing up as “Netflix Amsterdam” however September and today’s one is just showing “Netflix”

Mine is a mixture of both of these the last few months, don't know what the story is with that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,514 ✭✭✭dor83

KilOit wrote: »
    Still can't sign up again using my old account, even tried Irish card but says payment error when using tor. Think my account is just black listed now

I'm having the same problem and I have never signed up from another country, it was an Irish account but I stopped it a couple of years ago and tried to sign up again yesterday but it wouldn't let me. I even tried using PayPal to sign up through the Irish site and got the same error.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Mr.S wrote: »
    My renewal for Netflix Turkey went through no problem today, non Revolut though.

What card you using Mrs S?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Prezatch

I had a 'delayed transaction' paying in TRY to Netflix Amsterdam on 6th October which subsequently went through on the 8th October with Revolut.

So still hanging in there :pac:

Advertisement