Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Conor Mcgregor arrested again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

You’ll do nuttin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Probably off his head on something. Can't stand the bloke but hardly 'strong armed robbery'..no idea what they define that as but seems like an over reaction. Fan was probably being a dick too. Still, hopefully they'll lock him up over there and we can stop hearing about him.

He has strong arms

rafatoni wrote: »
    Arrested twice in 12 months over in the auld US of A. Very interesting....

How does this three strike thing work?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

BuT He'S jUsT pLaYiNg A cHaRaChTeR tO SeLl TiCkEtS

• Registered Users Posts: 9,167 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

You can’t buy class.

NINTCHDBPICT000474080261.jpg?strip=all&w=960

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

The "fan" showed Connor WhatsApp messages that had allegations that Connor was involved in serious crime in Ireland and called him names.
    Connor flipped took his phone off him and smashed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

He's not fight training so? He could have been a legend but he doesn't have the brains, his demise will make the media more money then he ever made in the octagon. The scobes nationwide will have to find another idol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

This is such a non story I can’t believe this whole are making such a big deal.

It's literally world wide news.. it's scrolling along the news feed on screens where I work.. it's not a non story..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,217 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

He was arrested, again, ….. :rolleyes:

It is a big deal. As he is a worldwide (?) superstar of MMA.
    It would be like Ronaldo getting arrested …

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

greenspurs wrote: »

For smashing a phone some idiot was waving in his face.

My point is there is much more important news than this.

It’s really not a big deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

greenspurs wrote: »

ronald who?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Alrigghtythen

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    ronald who?

Mcdonald

• Registered Users Posts: 4,799 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

It's literally world wide news.. it's scrolling along the news feed on screens where I work.. it's not a non story..

It should be non news.sick to the teeth listening about Mc tapper and his bullsh1t antics

• Registered Users Posts: 28,797 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

Mcdonald

makes sense, with his stupid big red feet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,259 ✭✭✭Homer

The "fan" showed Connor WhatsApp messages that had allegations that Connor was involved in serious crime in Ireland and called him names.
    Connor flipped took his phone off him and smashed it.

Ooh didn’t see that anywhere in the news reports? We’re you actually there? The Americans do love a bit of fake news

It should be non news.sick to the teeth listening about Mc tapper and his bullsh1t antics

Well, yes..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,875 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

This won't be his last arrest nor will it be the biggest charge against him.

I respect his fighting skills but outside of that he is scum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭coolisin

This is sad watching someone destroy their life and career.
    He'll end up paying out his fortune to people to keep them quiet, after he does something stupid.

What a fool, will the heavy boys fly to america to silence this story?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I know he tends to do himself no favours in terms of keeping a low profile, but I wonder how many people on here would manage not to snap once or twice with constant cameras in their face no matter what they do and no matter where they go for the last 5 years?

He can’t have it both ways I know, but it must be very frustrating and annoying to now not even be able to walk out of a hotel the odd time without being jumped on.

There’s also a big difference between politely asking for a photo and being a ****, and I wouldn’t be at all surprised if said “fan” was being a prick. He’s also with his son and the rest of his family. Maybe something was said or done there?

I highly doubt the fan asked for a photo and then Conor just grabbed said phone and smashed it. There’ll be a lot more to the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

coolisin wrote: »
    This is sad watching someone destroy their life and career.
    He'll end up paying out his fortune to people to keep them quiet, after he does something stupid.

What a fool, will the heavy boys fly to america to silence this story?

How is it sad? It wasn’t like anyone expected him to settle down as a good family man, own a load of Chopped franchises, and maybe have an interest in a few horses.

He’s a vulgar and obnoxious knacker, like so many people involved in combat sports. He’s taking the path most people would have expected him to. I’m surprised his former fans took so long to realise this. Even though you’d never associate UFC fans with above average intelligence in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Paully D wrote: »

I highly doubt the fan asked for a photo and then Conor just grabbed said phone and smashed it. There’ll be a lot more to the story.

The fact he actually stole the phone as well, after smashing it, would lead me to believe there was photos taken of something, or someone, he did not want photos taken of.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 cjragoo

The fact he actually stole the phone as well, after smashing it, would lead me to believe there was photos taken of something, or someone, he did not want photos taken of.

Bit pointless destroying one phone if the photo is already on WhatsApp its most likely been circulated on masse

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Scummer gonna scum

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Twitter is saying a sentence of between 21 months and 15 years in a state prison for anyone found guilty of the second degree felony of strongarm robbery.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,816 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Twitter is saying a sentence of between 21 months and 15 years in a state prison for anyone found guilty of the second degree felony of strongarm robbery.

which he hasnt been charged with as per thid mornings reports (though it was the arresting charge last night)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭Giveaway

which he hasnt been charged with as per thid mornings reports (though it was the arresting charge last night)

American legal tradition of trumping up charges to discourage the defendent from defending them and encouraging the defendent to accept a plea bargain. Expect a single no contest plea to some misdemeanor and a sentence of probation

• Registered Users Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    makes sense, with his stupid big red feet

That explains why his ring walk looks like he shat himself.

Judge Twitter, yer only man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

At this point his name in a headline is scroll passable.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement