Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Man child video gamers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.
    Should adults who play games be audited?

The question is,can these fellas hang a TV for gaming on a wall properly without using Gorilla glue? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Have you managed to gorilla glue your 55 inch TV to the wall yet?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057945392/1

• Hey I’m just playing Spyro on PS4 what’s wrong playing as a cute purple dragon OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Hey I’m just playing Spyro on PS4 what’s wrong playing as a cute purple dragon OP

You're not acting like the average man-child of yesteryear who used to while his hours away in the pub as a means to stay away from the wife and kids.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,388 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

grindle wrote: »
    You're not acting like the average man-child of yesteryear who used to while his hours away in the pub as a means to stay away from the wife and kids.

What if he plays his video games in the pub? Is he a next-gen manchild then?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,743 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Not healthy in my opinion as these people want control of everything. They can’t seperate real life from their gaming life.

Did you see Sharon from estenders cheated on John.

That's even more redicuous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ Aubrie Blue Trademark

I always get a kick out of being slagged for gaming in my spare time. These same people will watch perma-tanned, vacuous morons on some reality tv show in their spare time along with gogglebox, a show which involves watching other people watch tv. Yeah. I'm the idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Someone says something's rare and you "beg to differ" by giving a single example?
    Basically proving its rareness.

Very original baiting topic though, Mary - good work. Must be a few weeks since the 700th time this thread was started.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Are you Pierce's old one? He was good in the film GoldenEye but the game is better, a classic of its time. So good I named my lab and my firstborn after it. Second born is called Ponyboy. Stay golden.

Are you Pierce's old one? He was good in the film Golden Eye.
    He was no Hank Scorpio.

"Scorpio! He'll sting you with his dreams of power and wealth.
    Beware of Scorpio! His twisted twin obsessions are his plot to rule the world and his employees' health.
    He'll beckon you into his lair... like a nobleman welcomes his guest...
    With free dental care and a stock plan that helps you invest.
    But beware of his generous pension - and three weeks' paid vacation a year.
    And on Fridays the lunch room serves hot dogs and burgers and beer!
    He loves German beer!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Have you managed to gorilla glue your 55 inch TV to the wall yet?

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057945392/1

The one that was paid for out of a e4,000 council grant.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Moghead

Audited? Are you a scientologist?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

Omackeral wrote: »
    I'm not a gamer myself but what's the harm? It's perfectly acceptable to veg out in front of the tv watching Sky Sports or have your head buried in your phone playing Candy Crush or going on Facebook, what's the difference?

Absolutely, I back a few horses as a pass time, handy money, spend about €30 in the week, should I be audited as well :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I'm a female gamer. Am I a woman-child?

Succubus_ wrote: »
    I'm a female gamer. Am I a woman-child?

:D It's a ridiculous thread that the OP started Suc, it's like saying everyone who has a drink, puts down a bet or is into gaming is addicted to it. By the way the OP seems to be somewhat of a troll at this stage, I've seen some of the things she's been posting in recent times and they seem to be with the sole intention of getting up peoples goat.

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭Aceandstuff

MaryBrosnan, you remind me of someone I went to school with called Mary Brosnan. You wouldn't be the same Mary Brosnan, by any chance?

And do ya like Fair City?

I'll never forget reading the report on that inquest into the death of a married Galwayman a couple of years ago who got up out of bed in the middle of the night to get something in real life that was out on the South Bull Wall in Dublin Port. Apparently he was playing a game called Ingress. The coroner's finding was 'death by misadventure' and he left a son and wife behind after him.

'Life is a living nightmare without him' - Online gamer died on night-time 'mission' at Poolbeg lighthouse

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Jim 77

Sorry for the gamer stereotype but it is funny.
    giphy.gif

I'll never forget reading the report on that inquest into the death of a married Galwayman a couple of years ago who got up out of bed in the middle of the night to get something in real life that was out on the South Bull Wall in Dublin Port. Apparently he was playing a game called Ingress. The coroner's finding was 'death by misadventure' and he left a son and wife behind after him.

'Life is a living nightmare without him' - Online gamer died on night-time 'mission' at Poolbeg lighthouse

Jesus that's shocking but I'd imagine that's at the extreme end of the spectrum which would be the same as the extreme end of drugs, alcohol, gambling, overeating, etc

Ingress is by the same company as Pokémon Go, that game lauded for getting people out and about. It isn't an "online game".

It's pretty much the same as Pokémon Go but more complex. Myself and my girlfriend spent months finding new places in our city. You should try it. I like doing it in new cities for a while.
    I loved computer games until I was 12. Once puberty kicked in, and I realised girls had nothing but contempt for lads who played video games, the PlayStation was soon dropped.

I don't know, each to his own and all but I do think it's a bit sad adults playing computer games.

This is the saddest and most pathetic post in the thread.

You gave up a hobby you could have enjoyed in order to lower your standards enough to get partners stupid enough to not see gaming as a genuine hobby, and to get partners who wouldn't be with you because of something you enjoy.

And you think gamers are sad? Jesus.

• Advertisement

I don't know any women who have contempt for men that are into gaming. Not seeing the appeal maybe, but certainly not contempt. Some of you guys hang around with/are attracted to the wrong women!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I actually hate anyone with any hobby. What's wrong with leaving school and working until you die like a normal person.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭gctest50

I loved computer games until I was 12. Once puberty kicked in, and I realised girls had nothing but contempt for lads who played video games, the PlayStation was soon dropped.

I don't know, each to his own and all but I do think it's a bit sad adults playing computer games.

the PlayStation

found yer potential problem there, should've been part of glorious pc Master Race

be beating them away with a sh!tty length of hydrodare

Grayditch wrote: »
    I actually hate anyone with any hobby. What's wrong with leaving school and working until you die like a normal person.
    And what's more, leaving school as young as possible. The sooner you earn your keep, the better. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

hahahaha this thread is hilarious :D .

OP is clearly a troll :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

God, I loved playing Turrican.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Dien

Video games aint so bad. In my experience this type of person only wants control of the keyboard/control pad. It's people that get kicks out the mind games, not video games, are the ones to watch out for.

Ahhh....final fantasy 7. :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,981 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

There are some gamers who haven't yet worked out that abusive, mysoginistic, racist thrash talk isn't appropriate in adult company.

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭Fiftyfilthy

I started playing them again when I became a lone parent 10 years ago and don’t get out much in the evenings

Work full time, go to the gym 4x a week, have friends but in the evenings I like to play computer games

Find them engaging and challenging and no different to watching the tv or any other past time

I never tell people but this thread has inspired me to not be ashamed. I am who I am !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,871 ✭✭✭paulbok

Are you a scientologist OP? It would explain a lot.

My guess is Iona Institute. They are running out of things to say no to.

Advertisement