Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

• 11-01-2021 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭

Youtube Premium Individual or Family plans
    a) If you require a family plan, make sure you go to https://families.google.com/families and setup your family first.
    b) Get a VPN eg tunnelbear. Switch it on to Argentina or India
    c) Go to purchase youtube premium. Prices should be displayed in Indian Rupees or Argentinean Pesos.
    d) Use an address from google. Use revolut for cheapest rate.
    Once complete, turn off VPN and enjoy youtube premium.

India: Individual €1.45, Family €2.10 monthly
    Argentina: Individual €1.15, Family €1.75 monthly

Hi Guys,

YouTube Premium Family package is €17.99/month for 5 members. That works out to €43.20 each a year. Anyone want to join my 'family'?
    Post edited by Sheep Shagger on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Hi Guys,

YouTube Premium Family package is €17.99/month for 5 members. That works out to €43.20 each a year. Anyone want to join my 'family'?

Use VPN and join in Turkey.have a family plan all to yourself for less than the whole price. ðŸ˜

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Irish Kev

I use India;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Sup08 wrote: »
    Use VPN and join in Turkey.have a family plan all to yourself for less than the whole price. ðŸ˜

India is about 1.80 a month for a family. I have a one user (1.40 a month) and it works simultaneously on a number of devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

TheDriver wrote: »
    India is about 1.80 a month for a family. I have a one user (1.40 a month) and it works simultaneously on a number of devices.

Great deal.
    I pay about 2.80 a month for Turkey for family and have 4 users. Ideal for teens, no adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Can a VPN be setup solely for YouTube usage? I wouldn't want it on for my work connection etc.

• Advertisement

Can a VPN be setup solely for YouTube usage? I wouldn't want it on for my work connection etc.
    you only need it to sign up. 2 mins

• Registered Users Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Jofspring

It's a once off to sign up for YouTube. Try one that has a free trial just for getting YouTube.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

TheDriver wrote: »

189 rupees for me or about 2.10 Euro

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    189 rupees for me or about 2.10 Euro

Apologies, you are correct, i was thinking 169 rupees.
    I'm on 129 rupees single user. Don't see a need for family as they all share the history anyways.
    No ads is great, would never go back

Same I watch a lot of YouTube. No ads is great.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

do you have to set up a new google/youtube account for this? or can you use your existing google/youtube account, just vpn into said country and add it from there?

do you have to set up a new google/youtube account for this? or can you use your existing google/youtube account, just vpn into said country and add it from there?

No need for new account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭Piriz

so I'm interested but how do I join with you? do I pay you? how do I do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

What VPN do you guys use for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭uli84

Is it possible to do the same on Spotify?

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭neon123

I wouldn't consider myself a luddite but have never used a VPN. Could someone suggest a decent one or guide on how to set up/use?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

I just did it. €4.47 for 3 months family. Download Tunnelbear.

I had to fake an address for revolut card, as in the postcode part. just look up a postcode online.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,518 ✭✭✭SickBoy

No need for new account.

If you previously had a premium YouTube / Google music account could you get away with signing up with an Indian/Turkish address on that same amount?

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I have youtube premium family through India for well over 12 months now, It was approx 2.40 a month when i signed up, but been about 2.10 p/m for the last few months now

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

How do sign up with youtube thtough a vpn?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,300 ✭✭✭✭casio4

Irish Kev wrote: »
    I use India;)

How do I join in India? And how do I do it through vpn?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,537 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

casio4 wrote: »
    How do I join in India? And how do I do it through vpn?

Same question

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭4real

use holavpn, download the chrome extension for it then choose India and it will open Youtube India then sign up using your Irish CC.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,022 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

The simplest way is doing it via a desktop. Using Chrome, get a free VPN add-on like Hola but don't start it yet.

If you want a subscription for a single person, go to YouTube and then start your VPN. Set it to India and click on "Get Premium".

Google for "Fake Indian Address Generator" and just cut and paste the relevant data into the relevant fields.

Enter your card details. Click "Pay" and you're good to go.

If you're setting up a family plan, make sure that's set up BEFORE you go to YouTube and BEFORE you start your VPN.

When you click "Get Premium" it'll automatically detect your family plan so you can invite family members to share your Premium easily enough. Just follow the same procedure for entering account details and pay.

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/youtube-premium-ps136month-3540366

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Does everyone in the family need to download the vpn to use this or is the VPN just needed for sign up?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭thenightman

If you intend to use this on android only then just download Youtube Vanced APK and don't be giving Google more money. No ads, allows background play/play on lock screen and when using other apps.

https://vancedapp.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,519 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Same I watch a lot of YouTube. No ads is great.

Just install Ublock origin, no ads .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 299 ✭✭DessieJames

i use India in my VPN (Surfshark) but it's €5.38 for a single account as the currency us taken as Dirhams

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭nephster

If you intend to use this on android only then just download Youtube Vanced APK and don't be giving Google more money. No ads, allows background play/play on lock screen and when using other apps.

https://vancedapp.com/

I use Vanced on Android, but find the less than €2 a month for YouTube Family (via Argentina, for me - was cheapest at the time; cost €1.74 this month) worthwhile as it includes YouTube Music, so I can play pretty much anything without audio ads. Great to get it to play the song you want when you ask it, rather than a "radio station" vaguely like it.

This wasn't necessary until Google killed Google Play Music, as it would play my own uploaded tunes, but they did, so needs must. And nice to be able to get the Google Home to play anything I want to hear on a whim.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Thanks for the BA. I logged into YouTube in Chrome, set Hola to India, subbed using my employers plant address over there and signed up no bother. Invites sent out to my family and everything set up.

For €2 per month, that's a steal. My teenagers especially like the ability to stream music with YouTube running in the background. I had been using Vanced myself but it didn't work across all my devices and appeared to be causing some battery drain even when it wasn't running.

Advertisement