Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Manion wrote: »
    Sorry, I meant Tuesday.

With regards water, the tanks had run dry and some airlocks had entered the system causing the pump to go mad. Everything seems fine now, but cold water is still weak.

How did you fix it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭Manion

We called out a plumber bit it had started to fix itself at that stage. I'd turned off the pump as well for a couple hours. My ego was hurt to realise that in this high tech house I'd no idea how to fix an airlock. I basically think the pump must be set up to do it one there is enough water in the tanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 spuachi

Bruncvik wrote: »
    Anyone noticed issues with the water main pressure since yesterday? It appears to me that it is much lower than it used to be. It's especially noticeable since the internal water, both cold and hot, still have good pressure.

We're also having issues since Saturday, today the water pump went berserk so we contacted ballymore. Apparently there's a mains water supply issue and the council must address it. We've contacted the council and irish water and they say nobody else has this issue, so they claim we have a leak in our end but if it's a few houses then it can't be. Has anybody tried talking to them? We even told them more people are having the same problem but they ignored that.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

dazamataz wrote: »
    I'll Pm you now

Hi could you send these onto me also ? were thinking of doing the same to make room for a larger kitchen table but dont know where to start :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Just checked tank and it is filling quite slowly. It's a problem that is probably only going to get worse as more houses are occupied. The water pressure seems OK in my kitchen but it seems the extra x metres height of the attic tank is having a big effect on the supply pressure.
    I'd say at peak times the tank would refill at a trickle.

How did you contact the council and Irish water.

• Advertisement

Just checked tank and it is filling quite slowly. It's a problem that is probably only going to get worse as more houses are occupied. The water pressure seems OK in my kitchen but it seems the extra x metres height of the attic tank is having a big effect on the supply pressure.
    I'd say at peak times the tank would refill at a trickle.

How did you contact the council and Irish water.

Irish water's number is 1850278278 and Dublin city council's is 012222222. When I rang the council they first directed me to Irish waters then they rang me to say they had no complaints and no known problems with the supply, so maybe ring irish water first. They need to hear that there is a problem from more people.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

The mains pressure is back up to normal in our house. I credit you, spuachi :)

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Our water pressure from the mains seems to be back to normal, at least it's much better than it was.

Edit: beaten to the punch!

Bruncvik wrote: »
    The mains pressure is back up to normal in our house. I credit you, spuachi :)

Don't give me any credit yet, we also have pressure but every time we open a tap the pump starts working like mad for what seems forever... I hope there's an improvement tomorrow! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Ant034

Just moved in and have a few questions. In regards the heating system. There doesnt seem to be any hot water just cold. When you turn the tap to hot no water comes out.

Also where is the guarantee for the boiler - was anyone given this when moving in.

Also dont have the key to close the attic. Anyone not get theirs?

• Advertisement

Ant034 wrote: »
    Just moved in and have a few questions. In regards the heating system. There doesnt seem to be any hot water just cold. When you turn the tap to hot no water comes out.

Also where is the guarantee for the boiler - was anyone given this when moving in.

Also dont have the key to close the attic. Anyone not get theirs?

We had the same with our hot water. Apparently the system went into some standby mode as it hadn't been used in some time.
    We contacted the plumbing sub contractor listed in the home owner pack.
    M&F Heating and Plumbing. 045 432444.

That was a weekday so he was on site. I will pm you a mobile number, but please try ring the landline first.

As for warranty, they should also be the people to ask and if you could share the info you discover I would appreciate that.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

If anyone has any moving boxes they are happy to part with I'll take them off your hands, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

Would anyone have the price list of the kitchen upgrades they could send my way please?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Hi all,

Just looking to find out some information on the new gym that is supposed to be opening in RCP -
    I have passed it a number of times now but don't see any movement despite all the new residents having moved in.
    Does anyone know when this is expected to open or have any information?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

n1ckymar1e wrote: »
    Would anyone have the price list of the kitchen upgrades they could send my way please?

There is no price list, you need to ask the kitchen company for a price on specific items.

Is it possible to have work done on the house before the keys are handed over, for example flooring and blinds etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Keithchap wrote: »
    Is it possible to have work done on the house before the keys are handed over, for example flooring and blinds etc?
    they did not accept when we asked. pls let me know if you get a yes although I believe they're finishing at the end of this week until August, 10th.

The sale is not considered complete until they release the keys. You can have it measured though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

hi all, need to organize for snagging mid August. Would anyone have recommendations for a snagger and possibly a list of details snagged in your house (Heron)?
    also looking for flooring fitters recommendations. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Has anyone worked out the Square footage of the stairs ,halls and landings on a Heron ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Has anyone worked out the Square footage of the stairs ,halls and landings on a Heron ?

Curious to know this also as the plans dont seem to give them - only specified for the rooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Anyone got any recommendations for home insurance providers?
    I vaguely remember it being mentioned before that some providers wont insure due to the proximity to the canal.

slayerking wrote: »
    Anyone got any recommendations for home insurance providers?
    I vaguely remember it being mentioned before that some providers wont insure due to the proximity to the canal.

Yes that is the case, I can't recall which one it was now but in the end we went with Zurich who gave us a good deal for both Home and Life insurance.

You may have problems getting a quote if your property isn't on their database. If your eircode is working then you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭griffdlk

Hi Guys, if anyone got a standard (non-phone) alarm can they PM on details of the installer and the price? I'm in a hazel but imagine the heron would close in terms of needed sensors etc.

Got a quote from a friend of a friend which I thought was on the high side so want to make sure it's in the ballpark.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Same to me, please!

Arbie wrote: »
    There is good info in the Home Security forum: http://touch.boards.ie/forum/1366

Big things to be careful about are:
    - companies with "offers" where you don't actually own the equipment and are locked into their expensive service (Phonewatch do this)
    - systems with recurring monthly app charges (HKC do this)
    - wireless alarms, as all houses in RCP are wired
    - systems that come in packs, i.e. you get X number of sensors by default
    - systems where your monitoring price depends on the number of sensors

If you want one that you can monitor via app then it will need to be connected to a router so you will need your router set up in your utility.

We went with Siemens/Vanderbilt SPC 4320, which has free online/app access. I can recommend an installer by PM, he has done several here and we were very happy with him.

It's best to get a few quotes and make sure they either come and do a survey to advise you on your needs or else go with someone who has already done houses here.

Here is a post from ealier in the thread, might be of some use.

Does anyone know what type of wood the floorboards are? Looking to get a quote to get them sanded and varnished.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 manufangirl

Does anyone know what type of wood the floorboards are? Looking to get a quote to get them sanded and varnished.

would also be interested in this thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Hey, anybody know if there has been any developments on finishing the train station ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Hi all,

Just wondering if anybody changed the double doors between the kitchen and siting room in the Ash. I'm trying to find out if its possible to change the solid doors for ones with glass to allow some light through. If anyone has any info I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

Advertisement