Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best way of getting itunes music onto Nexus 7

• 18-08-2012 5:43pm

I recently got a nexus 7 which I think is great but I still haven't transferred all my music from iTunes.

Wondering if I used vlc player for android would this do the trick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Do you have playlists you want to copy over or just albums?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Well using google music would be the most ideal tbh.

Use a vpn to log on to android play in the US, download google music and download google music manager to your itunes laptop/pc. this connects your itunes folder to the google could (free) and all your music is auto synced to google cloud and hence your nexus 7 via google music app.

You can then turn off the vpn and it will be setup like this permanently.

listermint wrote: »
    Well using google music would be the most ideal tbh.

Use a vpn to log on to android play in the US, download google music and download google music manager to your itunes laptop/pc. this connects your itunes folder to the google could (free) and all your music is auto synced to google cloud and hence your nexus 7 via google music app.

You can then turn off the vpn and it will be setup like this permanently.

Thanks for that, is there a guide or walkthru that you could point me to, including using the VPN?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,385 ✭✭✭✭listermint

brenbrady wrote: »
    Thanks for that, is there a guide or walkthru that you could point me to, including using the VPN?

Not particularly, last time i just used google to setup.

Type in free VPN there are loads with 24 hr tests. simply download a small application and that handles the VPN access (spoofing) as a US resident and then you can access your Play Store online as a US resident download Google Music and google music manager. Its fairly easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Download & install Tunnelbear
    Set it to US and start it
    Open browser and go to music.google.com
    Sign in with your google account
    Follow instructions

After youre done Tunnelbear wont be needed anymore.
    Then install Google Music apk which you can get here

• Advertisement
Advertisement