Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

What sort of work do you do?Myself I build bikes now.

Bikes or bicycles?. Interesting either way. I am but a security/facilities grunt. A cranky nightcrawler

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

I'm still here, I just don't have anything worth saying.

Anything on your mind is worth saying.So say away.

Bikes or bicycles?. Interesting either way. I am but a security/facilities grunt. A cranky nightcrawler

Bikes,I own a 1200XL which I converted into a bobber.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Bikes,I own a 1200XL which I converted into a bobber.

Nice. Used to have a Road King but had to sell all my bikes.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,560 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Off the road too. Still love them

• Advertisement

kowloon wrote: »
    Nice. Used to have a Road King but had to sell all my bikes.

Road Kings and Fat Boys are nice rides.I always loved the bobber.

Road Kings and Fat Boys are nice rides.I always loved the bobber.

The nicest bike I had that is of HD heritage was a Buell Lightning, but it's a halfbreed and they don't make them anymore.

The nicest bike I had that is of HD heritage was a Buell Lightning, but it's a halfbreed and they don't make them anymore.

A friend has one of those, jaysis but them is loud pipes!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Argh I woke up :( went to bed early, hope my sleep isn't ruined for night now

Argh I woke up :( went to bed early, hope my sleep isn't ruined for night now

No screens, only wake you up more!! I do hope you get back to sleep.

• Advertisement

I don't think I ever saw that crossbreed.The heritage softail is great for cruising but the Buell is built for speed.The Bobber is great for both.Slim line and just has a rumble on its own.

I only ever rode HD's so I am impartial to all these imports.

I don't think I ever saw that crossbreed.The heritage softail is great for cruising but the Buell is built for speed.The Bobber is great for both.Slim line and just has a rumble on its own.

I only ever rode HD's so I am impartial to all these imports.

My bike heritage is all japanese

My bike heritage is all japanese

Thats alright,as long as you enjoy the ride.

Thats alright,as long as you enjoy the ride.

Do you do a build to order type thing? There's a few harleys around here but the owners seem to change them a lot. Keep buying and selling.

The Buell was all about handling, made it a great commuting bike, if they made it any shorter it'd be a unicycle. As far as Japanese bikes are concerned I've had Suzuki, Honda and Yamaha. Never owned a Kawasaki or any British, German or Italian bike. Not a bike fan of anything I have to lie forward on. If I go back to bikes eventually I'll get something cheap and easy first.

It's super short the guy loves town commuting on it becuase of its turn and torque

Back to the grind today :(
    Looks grey out, like my mood!

Just finishing up, night off but back in tomorrow, feeling that grey :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Mike Hough

Up a few hours, watched Transformers :D
    'Hon the Autobots!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Deskside with coffee.

Early bout of motivation has diminished, hopefully coffee will get the motor running again.

Doubtful though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Struggling almightily to stay awake toda.........zzzzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Couchside, this is what I got in the post :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Deskside after being internet MIA for a few days - took a long weekend :)

Tunes - Metallica released their discography on the MQA format and it's an auditory treat. Safe to say all my neighbours are listening to them too.

Hope everyone is well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭black forest

Roadside in a minute...

...to pick up a patch work computer from a friend. The casing from a server, RAM from an old computer, mainboard and chip from another one. Will look like a street dog. Who cares if it works!😄

Just have to buy a wifi dongle as i am using the wifi network of my neighbour. Cheap git i am.😂

🚲 plus trailer. 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Roadside in a minute...

...to pick up a patch work computer from a friend. The casing from a server, RAM from an old computer, mainboard and chip from another one. Will look like a street dog. Who cares if it works!😄

I have a simliar yoke for running Kali, works a treat!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

To misquote Morrissey, every day is like Monday.

I'd love a bit of drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I fell over on the landing. I normally laugh these things off but it really got to me today. The random tripping over or losing my balance was a frequent feature up to early adolescence and it always made me feel like an idiot - 'slow and stupid' like one particular primary teacher so kindly put it. Well, I don't know if it's the lock down or what but it's happening with increasing frequency again. And it reminds me that in truth I am not 'quite right'. I worry about getting out and about again and making a fool of myself publicly and I worry about tipping down the stairs or out of the bath or off a footpath and doing myself some real damage. I know I need a kick up the hole. Dyspraxia us really not a big deal but I'm feeling picked on by the universe today. Why wasn't I gifted with the grace and freedom of movement o a gazelle? Or just normal, like everyone else?

OK. That self pity is not warming me to myself. I most likely have Dyspraxia from being oxygen deprived at birth. If the worst that happened to me as a result of that was being a clumsy, dithering, oaf I'm actually very, very lucky. Feel free to contribute your own reality checks on pity party here.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,183 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Sardonicat, maybe the lockdown restrictions and being confined have exacerbated it? You've a lot on your mind and your own life is on hold to an extent so stress might be playing a part too.

Deskside after being internet MIA for a few days - took a long weekend :)

Tunes - Metallica released their discography on the MQA format and it's an auditory treat. Safe to say all my neighbours are listening to them too.

Hope everyone is well :)

I'm no computator scientologist but I can't get my head around how a lossy format can beat FLAC and come in smalled. I'm still making do with mp3 like the technological troglodyte I am.

• Advertisement

Got the last four toffee yum yums in Lidl, also got a people size weighing scales next door, who am I fooling? :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement