Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are ye eatin' and drinkin' - The Eatening

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

That all looks tasty. You must be in Cork city too so. The bread was super fresh and crumbly. I had an upset stomach and thought the soda would settle it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That all looks tasty. You must be in Cork city too so. The bread was super fresh and crumbly. I had an upset stomach and thought the soda would settle it.

Hope you're feeling better.

I bought my sister and her family a lockdown present and the final gift arrived today. Excitedly I went to the post office only to be told there is no post to Australia:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭jellybear

Porklife wrote: »
    Hope you're feeling better.

I bought my sister and her family a lockdown present and the final gift arrived today. Excitedly I went to the post office only to be told there is no post to Australia:(

:(:(:(

Just realised I meant to post the above in the trivially annoying thread:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Making Chicken Curry and Rice for dinner. Have a few cans for humpday.

• Advertisement

Making Chicken Curry and Rice for dinner. Have a few cans for humpday.

Take a picture! What type of cans?!

Simple chicken with buttery potatoes and kale..mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,048 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Simple chicken with buttery potatoes and kale..mmm

Nice. Who needs sauce when you have buttery spuds.

NEWS ALERT - Aldi Meatballs are absolutely crap! Cooked them today with mash and gravy for the girls. My heart bled as I watched them struggle and be polite. I tasted one and it was like a ball of rubber.:eek: I usually make them or buy in from my local butcher. The Supervalu version are good too. Stay away from Aldi Meatballs if you have the taste for decent meat. The spuds were good as they are real local.

I'm trying to budget things out by buying meat from Aldi, but I'm done. I can take their sausages, rashers and pudding, but the little extra in the local butcher for chicken, beef and pork is worth it. Grabbed a piece of sirloin from the freezer earlier to defrost, so it will be that with mash, mushrooms, peas and a drop of gravy. Aldi for loads of stuff, but they can fook off yet again for their fresh meat products!

Take a picture! What type of cans?!

Sorry I ate it before I seen this post... Cans of Stella, it was on-sale today 8 cans for 9:80

• Registered Users Posts: 6,138 ✭✭✭Archeron

Two giant crispy piping hot sausage rolls with caramelized onion relish and a small mountain of various tomatoes. Served with a bottle of ice cold Pepsi max.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,779 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Nice. Who needs sauce when you have buttery spuds.

NEWS ALERT - Aldi Meatballs are absolutely crap! Cooked them today with mash and gravy for the girls. My heart bled as I watched them struggle and be polite. I tasted one and it was like a ball of rubber.:eek: I usually make them or buy in from my local butcher. The Supervalu version are good too. Stay away from Aldi Meatballs if you have the taste for decent meat. The spuds were good as they are real local.

I'm trying to budget things out by buying meat from Aldi, but I'm done. I can take their sausages, rashers and pudding, but the little extra in the local butcher for chicken, beef and pork is worth it. Grabbed a piece of sirloin from the freezer earlier to defrost, so it will be that with mash, mushrooms, peas and a drop of gravy. Aldi for loads of stuff, but they can fook off yet again for their fresh meat products!

Have you ever tried Hardings Butchers or The Hogan Stand for meat G ?
    I'd usually get mine from either . The Hogan Stands meatballs are lovely .

Thinking of carrot/potato mash here with a soft fried egg .

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Chocolate and walnut brownie with raspberry sorbet, having dinner out this evening. :)

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Have you ever tried Hardings Butchers or The Hogan Stand for meat G ?
    I'd usually get mine from either . The Hogan Stands meatballs are lovely .

Thinking of carrot/potato mash here with a soft fried egg .

Sure have Mam. They'd be included in my " local butcher" and Mulhall's Supervalu as well. Hardings on the way through, plus a Takeaway later at night.:D Hogans when I'm in town on foot. All good. I love Aldi, but since day one many many moons ago, their fresh meat just doesn't hit the spot. Tried it again for budget reasons, but feck it. I'll stick to my usual haunts for meat.

Sure have Mam. They'd be included in my " local butcher" and Mulhall's Supervalu as well. Hardings on the way through, plus a Takeaway later at night.:D Hogans when I'm in town on foot. All good. I love Aldi, but since day one many many moons ago, their fresh meat just doesn't hit the spot. Tried it again for budget reasons, but feck it. I'll stick to my usual haunts for meat.

I know , I love Aldi too , we all have to be careful with our spending these days :)
    I like the Hogan Stand for the five for twenty euro offer tbh .

I know , I love Aldi too , we all have to be careful with our spending these days :)
    I like the Hogan Stand for the five for twenty euro offer tbh .

Pork chops, chicken, mince etc?

Pork chops, chicken, mince etc?

Yes , stuffed chicken , chops , meatballs , stuffed pork , steak burgers , can't think of what else G tbh although there's more choices than that . Daughter gets it too and he has no problem switching out an item to a piece of bacon for her .

Yes , stuffed chicken , chops , meatballs , stuffed pork , steak burgers , can't think of what else G tbh although there's more choices than that . Daughter gets it too and he has no problem switching out an item to a piece of bacon for her .

I've done it and there may be a lot of it in my freezer since last May. The Bacon is great and I think I posted a pic of it earlier this year. Feckin hell, ya can't beat a bit of salty bacon with mash and whatever!

Luckily my freezer is full of stuff, but over the last week I tried Aldi meat to see how it worked out. Back the Butchers for me!

I've done it and there may be a lot of it in my freezer since last May. The Bacon is great and I think I posted a pic of it earlier this year. Feckin hell, ya can't beat a bit of salty bacon with mash and whatever!

Luckily my freezer is full of stuff, but over the last week I tried Aldi meat to see how it worked out. Back the Butchers for me!

Ha , think we must be related G , freezer full here too :pac:
    Think I'm weird , I always say if you've something in the freezer and a bag of potatoes , we'll never starve !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Porklife wrote:
    I bought my sister and her family a lockdown present and the final gift arrived today. Excitedly I went to the post office only to be told there is no post to Australia

Resumes on September 29th

I had sausage in a brioche roll to remain on topic!

Resumes on September 29th

I had sausage in a brioche roll to remain on topic!

Yay!! That makes me really happy:)

I burnt my lunch cos I took a stupid work call just as I put it on low. My blabbermouth colleague takes about a week to tell you nothing. By the time she shut up my lunch was like charcoal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Long busy day today with no time for food until just a while ago. There's a pile of other veg under the cheese on those mushrooms so it's basically just a big vegetarian meal.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

I was lazy today and ordered Taco Fries.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Rack of Bellmullet honey and maple glazed lamb, roasted , and served on a bed of mushed Leitrim sourced early Autumn Peas minced with fresh mint, salt and lime.

Barley flaked twice cooked pommes de terre croquettes ( 3 servings ) heavily seasoned with wild Zaragozan sea salt, Albaquerqan crushed pepper and a dash of fresh pommegranate grenadine and strong Kilmeadan cheese berlais.

Skulling strawberry and cherry daquiris .

I had sausages, mash and mushy peas earlier with bread and butter. Hit the spot! Scooping a few beers now after an unexpected good day. Might have a takeaway tomorrow.:D

A blow out tonight!

Pizza. Garlic bread. Chips. Garlic and BBQ dips. Chicken curry and rice. Beer, wine and skinny coke.

Chocolate . Lots of chocolate.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

A blow out tonight!

Pizza. Garlic bread. Chips. Garlic and BBQ dips. Chicken curry and rice. Beer, wine and skinny coke.

Chocolate . Lots of chocolate.

A proper munchfest there, that's the job kid.

Had homemade chicken curry and rice here and a few cold cans of Kortenhoef, nice lager.

Looking forward to a couple of pints in the local Monday, there's lads I used have a pint and a chat with that I haven't crossed paths with since March.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

A proper munchfest there, that's the job kid.

Had homemade chicken curry and rice here and a few cold cans of Kortenhoef, nice lager.

Looking forward to a couple of pints in the local Monday, there's lads I used have a pint and a chat with that I haven't crossed paths with since March.

Yeah the kortenhoef from Aldi is decent value and taste.

Made a homemade whopper on the grill with fresh cut chips. Having a few cans of wife-beater now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 412 ✭✭Alejandro68

Roasted duck in a plum sauce, with snow peas and bamboo shoots. And now enjoying bourbon and tonic.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,946 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Roast pork steak courtesy of The Chef.
    With mixed veg and sauerkraut.

Advertisement