Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym near Dundrum

• 31-10-2007 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi. I live near Dundrum. Initially I thought to sign up with Dundrum gym but found it was closed. I have been in Benildus Gym for one year and I found it quite nice. However, it does close this month.

Does anyone know an alternative gym near Dundrum? Heard about Westwood in Leopardstown but seems quite expensive.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

There are a couple of other gyms in Dundrum, Fitworks and the atrociously named "Luschin Martin"... don't know what they're like though. Maybe try www.dublinbynumbers.com/index.php/start/areas/4/16 for a list of gyms in Dublin 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭liamo

Jackie Skelly is opening in Nutgrove about now (just opposite the Shopping Centre) and Total Fitness have a gym in Sandyford.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭justdoit

jackie skelly are doing a decent switcher offer for benildus members too. they hava a stand in nutgrove shopping centre at the moment if you wanted to talk about facilities, rates etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

There is an LA Fitness in Dartry and a David Lloyd gym in Clonskeagh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

crunch fitness in ucd if you're looking for a cheaper option.
    open to the public at a very decent rate.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31 churrusco

Thanks guys.

All of them seem decent options, but they are quite far from the luas green line, aren't they? The problem is that I don't have car. I guess I'll have to go running :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 444 ✭✭Vinnie K

LA Fitness wouldnt be too far, id say 10-15mins walk form the mill town stop i think.

get a bike
    if you're intent on getting fit its a good investment anyway.

True. Dartry seems close enough. I wonder if the LA gym is worth. I think I'll try their free day option.

That's true Seraphina :D

Anyways, now in winter is too dark to go with the bycicle (for me) and also my girlfriend does not have one, so it would be a bit of a mess.

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Gaucho

There is a school on the upper Kilmacud Road which has a gym and does memberships and all that. I don't know the name of the school but I know a couple of people who use it.

They really like it cause it is not packed all the time and not full of posers.

It would be in walking distance and may suit you.

Gaucho

• Advertisement

Actually I reckon you're talking about Benildus HFC. That's the gym I used to go to. Was really nice but they close it down this month due to problems with the council.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭The FitnessDock

There are a couple of other gyms in Dundrum, Fitworks and the atrociously named "Luschin Martin"... don't know what they're like though.

Is that a joke?

Martin Luschin is an excellent Personal Trainer and Pilates instructor based in Dublin.

Check out his website http://www.fitnecise.com/

PAUL

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo

Total Fitness, Sandyford, up around Ticknock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭HammerHeadGym

Isn't there a westwood at the sandyford end of the luas line? Or am I thinking of total fitness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 dontdoit

Ah ur thinking of westwood in Sandymount!! TF is Sandyford...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ali.c

Westwood is in lepordstown and its in walking distance from the sandyford luas AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭JayRoc

I don't know of any gym closer to the Luas green line than Pinnacle.
    2 - 3 mins walk from Harcourt st. means it's 25 mins at the most from anywhere on the Luas route.

churrusco wrote: »

Anyways, now in winter is too dark to go with the bycicle (for me)

whatever about your gf, it being dark is the lamest excuse i've ever heard for not cycling. buy some lights ffs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 johnbeau

that may be of help is http://www.gymvisit.com/findagym.htm?loc=europe/ireland

This is not a commercial site so you can nominate gyms and they'll be listed for free.

Cheers,

J

• Subscribers Posts: 16,555 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

ali.c wrote: »
    Westwood is in lepordstown and its in walking distance from the sandyford luas AFAIK

that is a long feckin walk though!! It is at least 10 mins to the entrance of leapordstown and probably another 20 to the gym intself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

churrusco wrote: »
    Actually I reckon you're talking about Benildus HFC. That's the gym I used to go to. Was really nice but they close it down this month due to problems with the council.

Anyone know what problems Benildus gym had with the council?
    I was a member last year, but stopped going as I couldn't find time to go. I know it was small, but it was very handy. I hope no one there lost much money and the staff are ok as they were a friendly bunch and very helpful.

I wonder what's going to happen with that hall now.

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

Is that a joke?

Martin Luschin is an excellent Personal Trainer and Pilates instructor based in Dublin.

Check out his website http://www.fitnecise.com/

PAUL

I wasn't dissing the quality of the trainer, just that I thought the name wasn't great for a gym, no offence to Mr Luschin!

Advertisement