Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Logitech Harmony Elite & Hub - tips, tricks and how to's

• 13-05-2019 6:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭

Bought one of these a couple of weeks ago, just getting it set up

if anyone has any tips or advice on set up and use please post here

I've successfully set up activities for all devices, and that was a breeze. Have to get started on other features now.

(this isn't a thread for the merits or otherwise of the elite - i had done a search, but couldn't see a specific thread on the elite, and lots of posts i found were in general threads. mods feel free to delete if ye feel it's not required)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭ablelocks

I'm having difficulty with enabling Alexa, if anyone has any advice on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭eddiem74

ablelocks wrote: »
    I'm having difficulty with enabling Alexa, if anyone has any advice on that?

https://support.myharmony.com/en-ie/harmony-experience-with-amazon-alexa

eddiem74 wrote: »

thanks.

step 2 in the guide should actually read :

2. Make sure that there is an echo device in the room, that it is plugged in and working. Roaring "Alexa, Turn on TV" directly to the Harmony Hub is futile and will only frustrate you, your family and the neighbours dog.

Once you have ensured that Alexa is up and running on the Echo device, proceed to Step 3

I assumed that the hub had a built in echo. You roar, reboot, roar again, reboot the wifi, reset the hub, roar, swear, re-read the instructions carefully, word for word and it still takes 3 goes to figure out that another device is required to sit alongside the hub in order for Alexa to work.

Wouldn't it have made more sense to build in alexa bits to the hub?

(although it may help explain all the negative comments about not getting Alexa to work:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭mgray

Can't seem to get my elite to learn the DVR or tv guide commands for the Virgin box. Anyone know a way around it.?

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Has anyone has any issues pairing the Harmony Elite with an 2015 Nvidea Shield? Doesn't seem to recognize it properly. There's lots of posts about it online but wondering if anyone here had any issues or tips for getting it working?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

For those that have bought, is it any good? I heard they pushed out an update that reduced the functionality?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

Mine is wrapped up in the spare room as it was a giant pain and rarely worked. I just got a firestick 4k and Alexa can control that much easier and The Alexa remote controls the TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

I have logitech harmony elite and can be temperamental. Use it for TV and nvidia shied and linked it with Alexa.

I'm happy enough with just the one remote

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

I have logitech harmony elite and can be temperamental. Use it for TV and nvidia shied and linked it with Alexa.

I'm happy enough with just the one remote

Can you share how you paired it with your nvidea shield or if you had any trouble? It won't find mine when I search for it via model number. Very frustrating!

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Heiser

They're temperamental? Ah I think I'll leave it so, I've enough annoying gadgetry in the house. I thought this would make life easier, I've six remotes in the living room, but if it's a pain to connect to things and temperamental I'd end up using the old remotes

• Advertisement

garion wrote: »
    Can you share how you paired it with your nvidea shield or if you had any trouble? It won't find mine when I search for it via model number. Very frustrating!

I downloaded the harmony app from the play store and set it up with this can't remember how. I searched for devices and it picked it up.

As for being temperamental. I've lights, av receiver. Shield and TV connected to it so temperamental with the handshake between them but not often to make it annoying

Heiser wrote: »
    They're temperamental? Ah I think I'll leave it so, I've enough annoying gadgetry in the house. I thought this would make life easier, I've six remotes in the living room, but if it's a pain to connect to things and temperamental I'd end up using the old remotes

I have an older harmony touch and have had them for 10+ years.
    I don't have any listening devices in the house so just use IR controls and its the best ever!

i have the elite a few months now. set up in about 30 minutes, haven't had an issue with it since. (I haven't yet tried the Alexa control - i've an echo input that won't set up right but that's not the elites fault)

AV Receiver / Xbox One X / Blu-ray player / Now TV / Sky Q Box and Hue lights all working perfectly on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is anyones harmony elite giving trouble the last few days. Mine seems to have a delay in responding and sometimes the remote disconects from the hub. or when i press a button once it shows that i pressed it twice or more. ive tried the usual, the reset button on the hub and the remote, but still clunky as fuk.
    any help regarding this would be great.

I have 2 activities set up on Harmony one for the TV and other for nvidia shield.

Not sure about handshake between TV, Av receiver and shield /virgin media box.

Sometimes have to turn activity off and on again to get either working.

Should i put a delay in between each activity action ie 1 second delay to prevent this from happening

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I have 2 activities set up on Harmony one for the TV and other for nvidia shield.

Not sure about handshake between TV, Av receiver and shield /virgin media box.

Sometimes have to turn activity off and on again to get either working.

Should i put a delay in between each activity action ie 1 second delay to prevent this from happening

It's trial and error. I have slight delays added to some of mine which fixes things in my activities.

I also changed TV in the kitchen from Samsung to Toshiba and find the Toshiba terrible. It does not have individual source buttons to configure (HDMI 1, 2 etc) so the harmony must cycle through Source. This makes cold starting on the correct source almost impossible unless you want the device in use before power off. I have the a source button mapped as an option on the screen as it's always on the wrong source. I think I'll pick up a HDMI switch as some stage to fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

is anyones routines working on google home and harmony.
    stuff like turn on tv, or increase volume. turn off tv... etc etc

mine was working but there would be delays of an average of 5 minutes. But now i cannot get anything to work.
    has anyone got any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,884 ✭✭✭paulbok

About to get an Elite on sale on Amazon today, has anyone used one to control a media PC, as in the keyboard and mouse functions?

Got new phone and can't connect the android app to the Hub. Remote working okay. Harmony support just saying standard stuff below none working

Move Harmony Hub closer to your router.
    Upgrade the firmware on your router which may help address connection issues.
    Change the channel frequency of your router to help prevent interference. Consult your router's user manual for channel changing steps.
    If you’ve same SSID for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz, I’d recommend you to change the SSID of the 2.4 GHz and re-configure the Wifi for Harmony Hub

Anyone got any other solutions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Is your phone using 5ghz and your hub using 2ghz. Try disabling 5ghz to see if you can connect

• Advertisement

Is your phone using 5ghz and your hub using 2ghz. Try disabling 5ghz to see if you can connect

Changed WiFi on phone to 2.4ghz and still cannot connect. Checked under settings on the remote and hub on this.

Can't find the hub. Tried manually inserting ip address and still can't find it.

Set it up for pairing and hub light blinking and Bluetooth on but can't locate it.

Was on one plus 5 using Android 8 and no issues now on one plus 7 Pro android 10 and I can't connect.

Haven't turned router on and off yet. 😊

I reckon I'm only using my elite to less than qtr of it's potential - does anyone have or know of a step by step guide to getting it fully and properly integrated with TV / Alexa / Hue ?

Advertisement