Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

VRT - UK to Irish

• 22-05-2019 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭

Hi, booked in to change UK to Irish reg tomorrow.
    Did the vehicle check online to get a quote of the VRT - is this guaranteed?
    They want an invoice from a private seller (!) and also im to put the price I paid on their form. will this change/reflect on the VRT price.
    sorry - find it confusing

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

1/. VRT quote isn't guaranteed. They'll assess extras etc. if fitted.

2/. Invoice price won't affect it. If it did we'd have "custom" invoices everywhere and lower VRT :D

3/. If you aren't happy you can always appeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭cmred

thanks a mill . really hope its not extra. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

cmred wrote: »
    Hi, booked in to change UK to Irish reg tomorrow.
    Did the vehicle check online to get a quote of the VRT - is this guaranteed?
    They want an invoice from a private seller (!) and also im to put the price I paid on their form. will this change/reflect on the VRT price.
    sorry - find it confusing

The Invoice can be hand written from a private seller, had no issues with mine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

garv123 wrote: »
    The Invoice can be hand written from a private seller, had no issues with mine

Same as this. Hand write your own note. Be grand

yep, its the most casual invoice iv seen - more like a receipt on a scrap of paper. hope to get some non fussy person. shall post back afterwards

• Advertisement

final question - on the UK log book - he signs section 8 that I give in to the centre? and my signature also
    sorry!

Hi, just for all the unfamiliar with this business. It was actually a very simple process in the end.
    I had obtained a UK VLC, nothing filled in on it by the previous owner on any section – totally fine together with a very simple hand written note of what I paid and what date – again fine.
    The rest – utility bill, PPSN, etc is all that’s required.
    10mins in and out plus 2 reg plates for €25 done up there and then

Best part – cheaper than the online calculated price!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,111 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Revenue don't care about the previous UK owner's details on the V5c, they are only interesting the car's details including UK reg, VIN and Co2 emission figures matching that of the car being inspected.

Advertisement