Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sun Holiday for a family with young kids and teenagers

• 17-01-2010 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭

Can anyone recommend a good sun holiday resort for 2 young kids 5 and 9 and 4 17 year old teenagers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭collegemum

Salou in Spain!!! It has Universa Sudios (Portaventura) and kids from 3-93 will love it!!!! Beach is fab so is the promenade and there are numerous playgrounds in the sand along the whole beach.

Book the hotel through http://www.holidaynights.co.uk/ you wont believe the prices. Fly with Ryanair to Reus airport which is 15mins from the resort

http://www.justsalou.co.uk/salou.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

Have you looked at Tenerife.

I went with 9, 11 & 13 year old.. but I know theres lots for teens also.
    We stayed in Los Cristianos which is a slight bit quiter than the main resort of Playa las Americas, but each resort is actually with in walking distance along the beach from each other.

I felt Tenerife had everything,

An amazing water park Siam Park, its massive so give yourself a full day in it. The teens will LOVE the wave pool..

Aqualand is a smaller water park with salt water.. but has a dolphin show the kids were crazy about this..

You can pay to meet the dolphins in person.. its dear but it made our holiday.
    HINT.. put the small kids in the front row of the show as they pick out kids to take part in the dolphin show.. they could get to swim with the dolphins during the show!!!

Las Americas is known for the night life.. famous DJ's and World wide known night clubs.. in the day time it has plenty of little shops and street markets.

Loads of water sports on the las americas / los cristianos beachs..
    also sea trampolines out in the sea in los cristianos..

some nice Irish bars also..
    We stayed in paradice park hotel in Los Cristianos.. all inclusive.. well worth getting all inclusive with kids.. we saved a FORTUNE on drinks, ice cream, snacks etc..

They could eat and drink as much as they wanted.. the food was very tasty.. they has steak, chicken, fish or pork on the pool side bar/grill every lunch time.. talk about heaven!!

evening dinner was good also.. has a massive selection but we saved so much money on all out food and drink we ate out a few nights for dinner.. nice steak resturant just down the street..

also the free water and zoo parks goes just outside this hotel. the hotel also provides a free bus to the beach every day except sundays.

I booked everything independently.. flights with Ryanair and hotel on alpharooms.. got a local bus from outside the airport to the town centre and taxi to hotel.

Cost €200 all inclusive for 2 adults and 3 childern in June last year.

local buses cost €3 per person.. taxi's about €5 to all the main areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭alibabba

Google Sol PRinciple Hotel and Apartments in Torremolinos

We (2 adults, 3 kids) have been to most sun resorts around europe and i can easily say this place is the best bar none in my experience

Its in a brill location, loads to do, has everything, Tivoili World is brilliant for the kids.

We have decided to go back here from now on, it beats them all.

Also check out Camp Bella Italia in Lake Garda Italy, you can go there DIY, book apartments online & ryanair it to nearby airport.
    The resort has everything, 5 swimming pools, resturuants, bars, supermarket.
    Its brilliant and Gardaland is 5 mins down the road, spectacular theme park for the kids, shocking rollar coasters (i have the pics to prove it)

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭madonna123

alibabba wrote: »
    Google Sol PRinciple Hotel and Apartments in Torremolinos

We (2 adults, 3 kids) have been to most sun resorts around europe and i can easily say this place is the best bar none in my experience

Its in a brill location, loads to do, has everything, Tivoili World is brilliant for the kids.

We have decided to go back here from now on, it beats them all.

Also check out Camp Bella Italia in Lake Garda Italy, you can go there DIY, book apartments online & ryanair it to nearby airport.
    The resort has everything, 5 swimming pools, resturuants, bars, supermarket.
    Its brilliant and Gardaland is 5 mins down the road, spectacular theme park for the kids, shocking rollar coasters (i have the pics to prove it)

I tought of Torremolinos also but they OP said teens age 17 were going.. would not recommend Torremolinos for teens that age.. if they are out at night is DANGEROUS..

Went last year in April and had a horrible time with English in the area.

I seen Irish teens & 20's been attacked every single night.men and women attacking and beating men and women. The women were vicious.

We were told by locals that many English (on the run) families locate around the Torremolinos and Benamadena area and are very territorial about their bars and clubs. the costa del sol is known for the large ex pat communties.

Maybe I had a bad experience but I was not the only person who felt this way while we were there.. not family friendly AT ALL!!!

madonna123 wrote: »
    I tought of Torremolinos also but they OP said teens age 17 were going.. would not recommend Torremolinos for teens that age.. if they are out at night is DANGEROUS..

Went last year in April and had a horrible time with English in the area.

I seen Irish teens & 20's been attacked every single night.men and women attacking and beating men and women. The women were vicious.

We were told by locals that many English (on the run) families locate around the Torremolinos and Benamadena area and are very territorial about their bars and clubs. the costa del sol is known for the large ex pat communties.

Maybe I had a bad experience but I was not the only person who felt this way while we were there.. not family friendly AT ALL!!!

And maybe we had a good experience.
    Torre was recommended to me by friends who also enjoyed it the few times they were there, so we tried it and loved it. Also other family members went with their kids and loved it too. It def felt safe when we were there. But I wont ignore the fact that danger lurks around every corner, but sure you can say that about every place, even your own town.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭jon burrows

Thanks for your replies, I ended up going with Albufeira in Portugal, another destination recommended to me....Praia da Oura apartments...looks fab, cant wait..

Thanks for your replies, I ended up going with Albufeira in Portugal, another destination recommended to me....Praia da Oura apartments...looks fab, cant wait..

And whoever recommended Albufeira to you, thank them.
    Cos we went to pria de rocha in the algarve a few years ago and never again. We just didnt like it, dont ask me why, but three sets of families all came to the same conclusion.

We hired a car one day and got out onto the road, we arrived and stop in albufeira, and after spending a few hours there, we said damn why didnt we book here, lol

Have a good holiers

Advertisement