Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Amazon Prime Video, General Discussion [Ireland]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

I have a prime account on amazon.co.uk and used to watch on my Sony Bravia with the Amazon app via smart DNS.

When I "refresh internet content" on the Bravia without any UK DNS, the Amazon app disappears from selection.

Has anyone gotten the Irish prime video working with Sony Bravia? (Pre android TV)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

I signed up for prime thinking oh great you get free movies and tv with it.
    So i go an try out the movies.
    Every damned movie I hit play on tells me i cant get it at my location.
    I cant even filter out the ones i cant get and have to wait til after i try to play it.
    I ended up going straight to showbox for the program after messing with amazon for too long and it was much quicker.
    What a monumental waste of money.
    At least Netflix doesnt make you try to play the movie before telling you to F off.
    And prime is good for nothing else in Ireland either it turns out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,093 ✭✭✭Occono

__..__ wrote: »
    I signed up for prime thinking oh great you get free movies and tv with it.
    So i go an try out the movies.
    Every damned movie I hit play on tells me i cant get it at my location.
    I cant even filter out the ones i cant get and have to wait til after i try to play it.
    I ended up going straight to showbox for the program after messing with amazon for too long and it was much quicker.
    What a monumental waste of money.
    At least Netflix doesnt make you try to play the movie before telling you to F off.
    And prime is good for nothing else in Ireland either it turns out.

Are you using primevideo.com or trying to use the Amazon UK site?

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭__..__

Occono wrote: »
    Are you using primevideo.com or trying to use the Amazon UK site?

Tried both. And the app on my phone too.
    It's not worth the effort. It's a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,179 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

aaronm13 wrote: »
    I'm using the Amazon app on my Samsung TV and the Amazon android app and 99% of things have to be paid for. I'll try primevideo.com on my NUC.

Is your tv originally an Irish one or is the country code set to Ireland or UK? OI had this problem as well (having moved over from he UK). Once I changed the country code and restarted the TV, various things which had previously been "not available in your region" were available. It's still a pisspoor selection compared to mainline Amazon Instant Video. Where else would I see Bosch though.

• Advertisement

__..__ wrote: »
    Tried both. And the app on my phone too.
    It's not worth the effort. It's a mess.

I haven't had any issue with primevideo.com.....you could contact their support.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

i signed up for the free month, cant get very much, only Man in the high castle, next to none of the other originals, am I doing something wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

i signed up for the free month, cant get very much, only Man in the high castle, next to none of the other originals, am I doing something wrong?

Prime video and Amazon prime are different. Amazon prime is for the UK and includes the Netflix type service. If you signed up for that you will have a handful of shows available while abroad.... Prime video is for Ireland and has the "full collection" if you have prime video you'll have a reasonable selection of movies. Hateful eight and the princess bride for example.

I have switched to prime video on the .co.uk site and still cannot get shows such as preacher or mr robot?

Any ideas, do i contact customer service?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,871 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Buttros wrote:
    Prime video and Amazon prime are different. Amazon prime is for the UK and includes the Netflix type service. If you signed up for that you will have a handful of shows available while abroad.... Prime video is for Ireland and has the "full collection" if you have prime video you'll have a reasonable selection of movies. Hateful eight and the princess bride for example.

I looked at prime video when it came out and the sel was terrible for Ireland.

I signed up about a month ago because the content has improved so much. Lots of 4k and hdr content. For the money I think it is a good service. You also have the benefit of prime prices on Amazon itself. Free postage too to parcel motel.

I'm sure they will increase the price in a year or so but pretty good value for money right now imo

• Advertisement

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I looked at prime video when it came out and the sel was terrible for Ireland.

I signed up about a month ago because the content has improved so much. Lots of 4k and hdr content. For the money I think it is a good service. You also have the benefit of prime prices on Amazon itself. Free postage too to parcel motel.

I'm sure they will increase the price in a year or so but pretty good value for money right now imo

But I cannot seem to load any shows almost all outside territory

But I cannot seem to load any shows almost all outside territory

I had this issue for the first few days but then out of the blue I had access to everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Buttros

I have switched to prime video on the .co.uk site and still cannot get shows such as preacher or mr robot?

No need to go near the Amazon site. Try prime video.com. When logging in it will bring you to Amazon. Use the username and password you always do and it will bring you straight Back. Try a couple apps if using a TV phone console etc.i have two apps for my Xbox and tv. There was a time when one was good for each and the other gave me the same issues you have

Thanks for all the advice, will give it a couple of days.

Use primevideo.com

had to live chat but got it sorted

thanks everyone :)

had to live chat but got it sorted

Was it something their end?

no, seems it was my address, my main one was highlighted as a parcel motel one.

no, seems it was my address, my main one was highlighted as a parcel motel one.

That makes sense. Glad you got it sorted. Good value imo

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,005 ✭✭✭pilly

Anyone any idea why you can't get Tin Star on the app?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

pilly wrote: »
    Anyone any idea why you can't get Tin Star on the app?

Maybe because it's still on Sky.

Maybe because it's still on Sky.

I can get it on a computer though but not on my phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,274 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

pilly wrote: »
    I can get it on a computer though but not on my phone?

No idea then I’m afraid.

Tin Star is on US Amazon but it's made by Sky and exclusive to them in the countries they operate in, including Ireland.

Maybe your PC has a region glitch.

Occono wrote: »
    Tin Star is on US Amazon but it's made by Sky and exclusive to them in the countries they operate in, including Ireland.

Maybe your PC has a region glitch.

Feck it anyway, PC is in work so I can't watch it there. :D

I've seen episodes 1 to 6 on another site but can't get 7 & 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Last time I checked tin star was on now tv & they have a 14 day free trial.

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Last time I checked tin star was on now tv & they have a 14 day free trial.

Thanks H8, I'll try that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What am I missing with Amazon prime video? Decided to sign up for the free trial yesterday and it seems like most of the stuff on it you can't even watch due to geographic restrictions and when I tried to buy an episode of a show it said I needed a UK credit card. Just about the only content that was viewable was their own self produced shows such as The Grand Tour and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Dave..M

What am I missing with Amazon prime video? Decided to sign up for the free trial yesterday and it seems like most of the stuff on it you can't even watch due to geographic restrictions and when I tried to buy an episode of a show it said I needed a UK credit card. Just about the only content that was viewable was their own self produced shows such as The Grand Tour and the like.

Try www.Primevideo.com, sounds like you either signed up for the UK version via Amazon.co.uk website or you're trying to view your Irish sub on the UK site, either way it's geo locked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Marje

Don't know if this is any benefit to anyone else.

I purchased the fire stick through the uk website which doesn't work for me.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01ETRIFOW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I sent them an email this evening asking would they set it up for me and got this reply
    We introduced a new fire stick Basic which is bought on Amazon.com that works in other countries.

This is the link to it. There's an option to select your country which shows Ireland. I'm not going to buy another one while I still have one.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ETRGE68?ref=sxts_snpl_2_0_3349557062&qid=1511473146&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_p=3349557062&pf_rd_r=6CB9495D0975RTY2JEVJ&pd_rd_wg=Z6But&pf_rd_s=desktop-signpost&pf_rd_t=301&pd_rd_w=UXc8R&pf_rd_i=fire&ref_=pe_3123321_161100731
    It looks the same to me (except for the Alexa option).

Advertisement