Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Just heard from locals who it is. If it's correct, I feel awful for his family

Why? Your aware what he does right. He's worse then the other 2 that went. Wonder will all them cars be any use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Just heard from locals who it is. If it's correct, I feel awful for his family

Why? Your aware what he does right. He's worse then the other 2 that went. Wonder will all them cars be any use.

Yep, but i know some of the family and they're lovely. I don't feel for him, but i do for some of his family

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Don't be too harsh on the Gardai.

The judges are at fault too with ridiculous suspended sentences. Why should the Guards even bother?. The little scrotes will be out laughing in their faces after a few weeks because his mammy gave the judge a letter saying he's a good boy with a bright future. That must be so demoralizing for the arresting officers - detectives.

Something could also be said for the folk importing drugs and guns into the country and handing them out to youngfellas like it's Christmas.

Yep, but i know some of the family and they're lovely. I don't feel for him, but i do for some of his family

Ok I understand thought you meant him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

El_Bee wrote: »
    The Gardai's remit is tax and insurance checkpoints, they are for all intents and purposes a traffic corps now. I'd say there's a lot of rank and file that would love to go out and bust heads and bring these guys down, but the bulk of the force is out checking discs.

If that were true we'd have better drivers on our roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Ok I understand thought you meant him.

I've no sympathy for anyone involved in that crap, they're asking for it.

It's only the family that I feel bad for

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

No now, he more than likely had to deal with the following:
    • substance abuse issues
    • difficult home life
    • learning difficulties (left school at 15)
    • comes from an disadvantaged background
    • struggling with the loss of (friend or family member)
    • having "a tough time of it" himself

just one of these is enough to turn any law abiding person into a psychotically violent drug dealer, think of his poor mammy who probably drives around in a 30-40k 191 car

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Hal3000 wrote: »
    Like what? Rehabilitation? Can you prove a jurisdiction or country where that is working please? It won't work here. Not our culture. Don't bother quoting Scandinavia countries as they have a far more harmonized population.

I was responding to someone who was saying the fault is with the law enforcement in the country by saying that the people committing the crimes are also at fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭jay1988

That's what I heard too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Next person that mentions or uses initials is getting a thread ban or worse. No further warnings. Thread locked for 10 minutes so people can see and heed this.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod- Thread reopened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

The fella shot wasn't Irish.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

ASOT wrote: »
    Dubs are their own race

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

It’s somewhat interesting how these shootings seem to be a cyclical problem.

Is it largely drug related, correct?

The name doing the rounds is the same name? Is that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭enricoh

Noveight wrote: »
    It’s somewhat interesting how these shootings seem to be a cyclical problem.

Is it largely drug related, correct?

No flies on you!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Joegriffin2019

The name doing the rounds is the same name? Is that wrong?

I don't want use initials because will get banned but it wasn't either of the two lads whos names are doing the rounds it was a foreign lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

I've no sympathy for anyone involved in that crap, they're asking for it.

It's only the family that I feel bad for

Family are just as bad....same as every time “the family are lovely” blah blah blah....

If that was the truth they would put a stop to these people....

All as bad as each other

• Registered Users Posts: 8,358 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I don't want use initials because will get banned but it wasn't either of the two lads whos names are doing the rounds it was a foreign lad.

Would he have been the guy on the bike?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭ifElseThen

Steve walks warily down the street
    With the brim pulled way down low
    Ain't no sound but the sound of his feet,
    Machine guns ready to go

Ok I was given a name he's dirt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,813 ✭✭✭Noveight

enricoh wrote: »
    No flies on you!

Meh.

I haven’t been following it tbh. Could be blasting each other over the price of turnips for all I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,324 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭safeasparagus

It’s been asked before but was it Sean Littles wake ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

Mohammed a mate of flashys? Same fella done for looting lidl. May not be him...

Edit: defo not him

It’s been asked before but was it Sean Littles wake ?

Body was due back this evening.

.Charlo wrote: »
    Mohammed a mate of flashys? Same fella done for looting lidl. May not be him...

Edit: defo not him

He is only 26

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭Telly

There’s a picture of him (alive) under the comments in that crime photographer twitter page

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement