Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 335 ✭✭.Charlo

Is it just me or are there 2 people running the opposite way in that picture

That fire is going a couple of minutes at that stage, doubt it's the shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Righteouswrong

Sean Little’s mate

• Registered Users Posts: 15,199 ✭✭✭✭stephenjmcd

.Charlo wrote: »
    That fire is going a couple of minutes at that stage, doubt it's the shooter.

Yeah was just thinking that after. Probably local kids that were already around

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

I can see it now, "shooter caught by boards.ie detective"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Dirkziggler

Sean Little’s mate

Yeah he was identified in a paper as someone the opposing side had an issue with.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Looks like Castletimon

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Is it just me or are there 2 people running the opposite way in that picture
    Thought the same myself haha

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Fear not; for they will be apprehended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Looks like Castletimon
    Yeah it's castletimon they have the car in.

Two more ambulances just raced up the Oscar traynor (coming from the kilbarrack way if you get me?), into Beaumont, sirens blaring.

Very odd given they already have the lad in hospital - well, they have him in the forensics tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭DelaneyIn

The Gardaí would want to come down hard on these lads. They are making them look like fools at this rate, going around shooting whoever they want.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Yeah it's castletimon they have the car in.

Two more ambulances just raced up the Oscar traynor (coming from the kilbarrack way if you get me?), into Beaumont, sirens blaring.

Very odd given they already have the lad in hospital

That could be anything, normal route for ambulances.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭PieOhMy

Have the other funerals happened yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭flanzer

MC

NOT Mr. HAMMER :( ?????......He said he couldn't be touched

DelaneyIn wrote: »
    The Gardaí would want to come down hard on these lads. They are making them look like fools at this rate, going around shooting whoever they want.

Everyone knew there were more killings on the way, where the fùck were the garda?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Everyone knew there were more killings on the way, where the fùck were the garda?

Maybe they don't care? Maybe another problem has been aborted.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

DelaneyIn wrote: »

The Gardai cant come down hard on anybody anymore because there will be outrage over their civil liberties being infringed.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭White lighting

Probably in the station or driving around. You hardly expect them to watch all these little scumbag ***** who might have beef with someone do yeah?

The Garda don't have the resources to sit on every person suspected to be involved in the underworld.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The gardai are not properly resourced or up to the job.

The judiciary is even more to blame here though.

A lot of these individuals should be locked up for other crimes but aren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,891 ✭✭✭✭GBX

They cant follow everyone and anyone involved around 24/7 now can they

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

On the N32 doing a speed check. I passed them there at the time of the shooting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Was it Sean Little's wake?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

Dante7 wrote: »
    On the N32 doing a speed check. I passed them there at the time of the shooting.

Those Gardaí aren't armed.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

The Gardai's remit is tax and insurance checkpoints, they are for all intents and purposes a traffic corps now. I'd say there's a lot of rank and file that would love to go out and bust heads and bring these guys down, but the bulk of the force is out checking discs.

GBX wrote: »
    They cant follow everyone and anyone involved around 24/7 now can they

They should be swarming these areas. They haven't a clue what's going on. On crime call the other night doing appeals. Everyone knows who the shooter in the Davis killing was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 608 ✭✭✭Dalomanakora

Just heard from locals who it is. If it's correct, I feel awful for his family

Dante7 wrote: »

You should have told them about the shooting ffs ... no wonder they werent there at the time! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

MrFresh wrote: »
    Those Gardaí aren't armed.

Can't arm the Gardai sure someone might get shot.

They should be swarming these areas. They haven't a clue what's going on. On crime call the other night doing appeals. Everyone knows who the shooter in the Davis killing was.

Again. Its down to numbers of Garda. They cant follow everyone suspected to be involved around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rushden

Knowing and proving are two completely different things however

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement