Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorhome Tourists not Welcome in County Roscommon

• 09-02-2012 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭

In September 2011 Roscommon County Council passed a bye-law effectively prohibiting the parking of motorhomes/campervans in any "place, (not being part of a public road), for the parking of mechanically propelled vehicles" between 8.00pm and 8.00am

So, better strike Roscommon off your list of places to visit on your next 'staycation'

To experience an environment the complete opposite to the above, the ferry can be taken to France (from a little as €305 return with cabins) where local towns welcome you and even provide dedicated free overnight parking and services in recognition of your spend in their local economy.
    And, their camp-sites, diesel, beer and wine are cheaper than here :D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

that's an awful shame , wonder was it aimed at MH users or those who prefer caravans , most often towed with Hi-aces or Transits?

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭HereAndThere

Why do we bother paying tax?

What about MH owners from Roscommon?

Extract from http://www.citizensinformation.ie

"It is a legal requirement in Ireland to have motor tax if you want to drive your vehicle in a public place"

Maybe we should organize an all night drive around of Roscommon - If we are driving its not illegal? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Is there any one here from down them parts that can fill us in on the back ground to the council's decision,sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot as far as motorhome tourism is concerned,to me it sounds like vested interested (read hotel/B and B owners)have been hard at work here
    Its a pity we didnt know about this before the ban was in place so we could have went into lobby mode to let the council see the size of the potential market they have just alienated
    Even at this stage we could still mount a letter/email campaign pointing out the benefit of encouraging motorhomes into the county so if some one from Roscommon could source e mail address of the officials involved so i can get the ball rolling

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Is there any one here from down them parts that can fill us in on the back ground to the council's decision,sounds like they are shooting themselves in the foot as far as motorhome tourism is concerned,to me it sounds like vested interested (read hotel/B and B owners)have been hard at work here
    Its a pity we didnt know about this before the ban was in place so we could have went into lobby mode to let the council see the size of the potential market they have just alienated
    Even at this stage we could still mount a letter/email campaign pointing out the benefit of encouraging motorhomes into the county so if some one from Roscommon could source e mail address of the officials involved so i can get the ball rolling

Sounds crazy alright.
    I doubt the hotel/b&b owners are that stupid. Motorhome owners were never going to stay with them so why would they waste their time banning them?

It's to do with our cousins. And it's not entirely their fault either, councils don't provide solutions for theses people so they go into prohibition mode... It's easier for them to do this than to keep on top of them.

Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭niloc1951

mnolan@roscommoncoco.ie = Micheal Nolan, senior Executive Officer, present when the seal of Roscommon County Council was affixed to the bye-law
    fdawson@roscommoncoco.ie = Frank Dawson, County Manager

But, it was The Cathaoirleach and Members of Roscommon County Council who made the bye-law concerned, at the Council Meeting 26/09/2011 see item 120.11.

Councillor Tony Ward Non Party proposed the motion
    and
    Councillor John Keogh FF

Maybe it's not significant but both these guys are from the Athlone Town/Hodson Bay area of County Roscommon

• Advertisement

How many of us know our Constitution (BUNREACHT NA hÉIREANN )

Article 6
    All powers of government, legislative, executive and judicial, derive, under God, from the people, whose right it is to designate the rulers of the State and, in final appeal, to decide all questions of national policy, according to the requirements of the common good.

In the above Article 6, legislation (law or bye-law) must be 'according to the requirements of the common good', obviously not according to the requirements of sectoral interests.

It must be shown by our law makers that laws restricting the use or the right to park a motorhome in a particular area is 'for the common good' and such 'common good' must be declared and be a matter of fact which is not based on the opinion of a sectoral interest.

It must be apparent to all of us motorhome owners/users that many of the laws restricting our right to park or use our vehicles in particular areas are driven by sectoral interests who see such activity as counter to their aims and objectives, such law making is contrary to Article 6 of BUNREACHT NA hÉIREANN.

As happened in France in the early 1980's, laws which are discriminatory against and counter to the rights of motorhome owners/users need to be challenged. It was such action by those with an interest in the future of the motorhome sector which resulted in a Government directive to local authorities (see attached file) which has resulted in the excellent network of Aires throughout France, a development which has spread to many other European countries.

Had a brief read of the said by law http://www.roscommoncoco.ie/en/Services/Roads/Car_Parking_Bye-Laws_2011/
    hard to see how it would stand up if it was to be challenged,if i have read it right i can park my car overnight but not my motorhome,surely that cant be right ?

Had a brief read of the said by law http://www.roscommoncoco.ie/en/Services/Roads/Car_Parking_Bye-Laws_2011/
    hard to see how it would stand up if it was to be challenged,if i have read it right i can park my car overnight but not my motorhome,surely that cant be right ?

The only way it could stand up is if the Roscommon Co. Co. can show that it is necessary 'for the common good'.
    A technical reason like the size or weight of a motorhome would not stand up because motorhomes are allowed use the spaces for the other 12 hours of the day.

Enquiries made to the Senior Executive Officer of Roscommon County Council indicate that the section in bye-law banning the overnight parking of motorhomes was enacted as a direct result of lobbying by caravan park owning interests.

This type of result for caravan park owners must be unconstitutional as it serves the objectives of private business and ignores 'the common good' to which all the citizens of this state are entitled to have enshrined in our laws.

Have not enough of our politicians been brought before tribunals for pandering to the interests of business with disregard for the common good.

It is time that an umbrella body representing the interest of motorhome owners, clubs, trade etc., was formed to pressurise central government to direct local authorities to provide overnight parking facilities for motor caravans. It was such action in the early 1980's in France that resulted in the coming into reality what is now a system of Aires which serve the local community and touring motorhomers so well.

This forum is ok for airing our grievances, it did a good job in relation to vehicle testing, but the lead on this issue needs to be taken by one of the major clubs, a trader or a trade association (if there is one).
    I for one would be prepared to chip in a few Euro to support any legal costs either directly or through my club.

If we watch this space for too long without taking some kind of action we will have nothing left for us but the ferry to France or pay the high prices for camp sites (when they are open).
    Come to think of it, perhaps we should sell our motorhomes and buy caravans then all our county councils and campsite owners will be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

Hi
    The bye-law refers to car-parks away from the public road.Maybe we should hold a rally in some town in Roscommon and all park overnight on the main street.
    yours Zambo

ps will they ban boaters living aboard at publicly built marinas like Hodson bay
    so as to increase hotel occupancy.After all the only big difference between a van and a boat is one floats and the other pays more tax.

• Advertisement

zambo wrote: »
    Hi
    The bye-law refers to car-parks away from the public road.Maybe we should hold a rally in some town in Roscommon and all park overnight on the main street.
    yours Zambo

ps will they ban boaters living aboard at publicly built marinas like Hodson bay
    so as to increase hotel occupancy.After all the only big difference between a van and a boat is one floats and the other pays more tax.

Don't be to hard on the people of Roscommon town. The adoption of the bye-law was proposed and seconded by two councillors from the Athlone area, which is close to Hodson Bay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

I read the text of the bye law and it's only approved car parks it refers to. Curiously, I wonder how many of have height barriers fitted which would prevent us using them in the first place.

We should all meet to discuss this, perhaps over dinner? In a nice restaurant in Roscommon, bring your motorhome and park on the street. I wonder would they get the message if 20 or 30 legally parked motor homes took up all the on street parking spaces of an evening:cool:

Nothing to stop you parking on a public street overnight while you stay with a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

zoltar_boi wrote: »
    I read the text of the bye law and it's only approved car parks it refers to. Curiously, I wonder how many of have height barriers fitted which would prevent us using them in the first place.

We should all meet to discuss this, perhaps over dinner? In a nice restaurant in Roscommon, bring your motorhome and park on the street. I wonder would they get the message if 20 or 30 legally parked motor homes took up all the on street parking spaces of an evening:cool:

Nothing to stop you parking on a public street overnight while you stay with a friend.

This is a good idea.

Didn't the Irish motorhome club have there annual event at Roscommon one year. Sure they did not mind the revenue then. Why town don't want to grab our cash I don't know, not like they. Des to spend much money on infastructure. Mostly we are self sufficient.

I came across this very interesting information about how local authorities have been successfully challenged in France, see HERE

For those of you without a translating browser here is the English. It is a bit of a read but it shows clearly that the actions taken by French local authorities, similar to the taken by local government here, to restrict the use and parking of motorhomes has been deemed illegal by the courts and central government. Compensation has even had to be paid to the plaintiff by the local authority in some of the cases.
    I know this isn't France but we are all in the EU, and the discrimination argument does seem to be a very effective one.

NEWS: THE TOWN OF ARCACHON HAS CONDEMNED THE REPEAL DISCRIMINATORY PROVISIONS AGAINST CAMPERS STOPPED APPEARING IN ITS MUNICIPAL
    The Administrative Court of Bordeaux has sentenced the town of Arcachon to repeal section 33 of the by-law of 14 September 2006, following the maintenance thereof by the mayor's decision of 18 December 2008.
    The Liaison Committee of camping car maintained the record before the Court in connection with the refusal of the village and has been successful July 5, 2011.
    The measures taken by the Mayor were clearly discriminatory and disproportionate, the goal being to impede the free movement and to prohibit the parking of campers throughout the municipality (with the exception of two sites on which addition, the parking permit was limited to 24 hours).
    " It is not apparent from the evidence that the disadvantages of the parking of motorhomes had a serious nature telpour security, safety and protection of sites that were likely to legally justify the prohibition of parking and enacted in space and time (...) restrictions on the freedom to park presented a character of generality excessive relative to the ends sought, having regard to the illegality of those provisions, the Mayor Arcachon was required to grant the application for revocation ... "

The municipality, which must repeal this section within 15 days after the judgment, also ordered to pay 1,200 euros to CLC under Article L.761-1 of the Code of Administrative Justice.
    THE SKILLS OF THE MAYOR
    Responsible for good order, safety, security and public safety in the territory of the municipality, the Mayor has police powers, particularly with regard to parking, including the strict conditions of legality are defined by case law of the Council State. The mayor may compromise the movement and parking of certain vehicles involving the public tranquility, air quality, protection of animal or plant species or protected areas, putting no value landscapes or site Pursuant to Article L.2213-4 of the Code of local authorities. However, any ban should be based on local circumstances and explicitly motivated proven to not be tainted by discrimination and illegality.
    THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS TO LIMIT PARKING IN THE MUNICIPAL
    Any such measures must be properly justified given the traffic requirements and cover all vehicles of the same size, mass and weight. Thus a ban should be reserved for campers only. Recent case law has often proved insufficient motivation orders restricting the parking of motor homes under the pretext that they compromised the safety or public safety. The Administrative Tribunal of Montpellier has also repealed its decision in 2007 on the grounds that the municipality "does not produce any evidence proving the existence and extent of pollution in the area concerned or, a fortiori, their relationship parking of motor homes. "
    ANY BLANKET BAN IS ILLEGAL
    Recent case law has significantly advanced the treatment of the proportionality of the measure. Indeed any prohibition must be established in an acceptable proportionality and not excessive in relation to the disorder that we consider. The Administrative Court of Appeal of Bordeaux, for example, confirmed the cancellation of an order prohibiting parking on any one municipality in 2008 on the grounds that "it appears that the disadvantages that may cause the parking of motor homes have presented a serious nature as to security, safety and protection of sites they have been such as to justify the prohibition of parking legally and enacted. "
    PROHIBIT THE PARKING OF MOTOR HOMES AT NIGHT IS ILLEGAL
    The inter-ministerial circular published October 19, 2004 removes any distinction between day and night parking of motor homes, occupied or not. Indeed, the risks are no different day and night, and any specific prohibition of night is illegal. Case law has since condemned the discriminatory ordinances, the Administrative Court of Pau has indeed stated in 2008 that it was "indeed a general and absolute prohibition for motorhomes to park with overnight occupants on the whole community. "
    HOW TO WRITE BYLAWS?
    A municipal ordinance prohibiting parking a vehicle category must specify the rights and elements of fact justifying the decision (Article L. 2213-2 of the General Local Authorities Code). The measure must be based on need (significant disruption due to traffic or parking) to be seriously motivated, they must be proportionate to the disorder that it intends to prevent or to which it wishes to terminate, then it must be limited in space (specific geographic area) and time (eg seasonality).
    LIMITING ACCESS TO PARKING MOTORHOMES BY PITCH BARS IS ILLEGAL
    The proliferation of bars in height at the entrance of the parking is extremely damaging to the practice of the camper. If they are not always the main target, the camping car are affected primarily by the binding and often illegal devices that do not give a good image host. The Highway Code specifies that the pitch bars are pre-signaling of an obstacle and must be strictly limited to this use (low trees, bridges, parking garages entries ... inaccessible to campers). The implementation of pitch bars is illegal even for the materialization of a parking ban has been a municipal ordinance

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dorts

Just to let people know,Buncrana town in Inishowen are setting up an aire type facility this season on a pilot scheme.Good to see a forward looking council.I will keep boards informed as I get more information.
    niloc1951 wrote: »
    I came across this very interesting information about how local authorities have been successfullchallenged in France, see HERE

For those of you without a translating browser here is the English. It is a bit of a read but it shows clearly that the actions taken by French local authorities, similar to the taken by local government here, to restrict the use and parking of motorhomes has been deemed illegal by the courts and central government. Compensation has even had to be paid to the plaintiff by the local authority in some of the cases.
    I know this isn't France but we are all in the EU, and the discrimination argument does seem to be a very effective one.

NEWS: THE TOWN OF ARCACHON HAS CONDEMNED THE REPEAL DISCRIMINATORY PROVISIONS AGAINST CAMPERS STOPPED APPEARING IN ITS MUNICIPAL
    The Administrative Court of Bordeaux has sentenced the town of Arcachon to repeal section 33 of the by-law of 14 September 2006, following the maintenance thereof by the mayor's decision of 18 December 2008.
    The Liaison Committee of camping car maintained the record before the Court in connection with the refusal of the village and has been successful July 5, 2011.
    The measures taken by the Mayor were clearly discriminatory and disproportionate, the goal being to impede the free movement and to prohibit the parking of campers throughout the municipality (with the exception of two sites on which addition, the parking permit was limited to 24 hours).
    " It is not apparent from the evidence that the disadvantages of the parking of motorhomes had a serious nature telpour security, safety and protection of sites that were likely to legally justify the prohibition of parking and enacted in space and time (...) restrictions on the freedom to park presented a character of generality excessive relative to the ends sought, having regard to the illegality of those provisions, the Mayor Arcachon was required to grant the application for revocation ... "

The municipality, which must repeal this section within 15 days after the judgment, also ordered to pay 1,200 euros to CLC under Article L.761-1 of the Code of Administrative Justice.
    THE SKILLS OF THE MAYOR
    Responsible for good order, safety, security and public safety in the territory of the municipality, the Mayor has police powers, particularly with regard to parking, including the strict conditions of legality are defined by case law of the Council State. The mayor may compromise the movement and parking of certain vehicles involving the public tranquility, air quality, protection of animal or plant species or protected areas, putting no value landscapes or site Pursuant to Article L.2213-4 of the Code of local authorities. However, any ban should be based on local circumstances and explicitly motivated proven to not be tainted by discrimination and illegality.
    THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS TO LIMIT PARKING IN THE MUNICIPAL
    Any such measures must be properly justified given the traffic requirements and cover all vehicles of the same size, mass and weight. Thus a ban should be reserved for campers only. Recent case law has often proved insufficient motivation orders restricting the parking of motor homes under the pretext that they compromised the safety or public safety. The Administrative Tribunal of Montpellier has also repealed its decision in 2007 on the grounds that the municipality "does not produce any evidence proving the existence and extent of pollution in the area concerned or, a fortiori, their relationship parking of motor homes. "
    ANY BLANKET BAN IS ILLEGAL
    Recent case law has significantly advanced the treatment of the proportionality of the measure. Indeed any prohibition must be established in an acceptable proportionality and not excessive in relation to the disorder that we consider. The Administrative Court of Appeal of Bordeaux, for example, confirmed the cancellation of an order prohibiting parking on any one municipality in 2008 on the grounds that "it appears that the disadvantages that may cause the parking of motor homes have presented a serious nature as to security, safety and protection of sites they have been such as to justify the prohibition of parking legally and enacted. "
    PROHIBIT THE PARKING OF MOTOR HOMES AT NIGHT IS ILLEGAL
    The inter-ministerial circular published October 19, 2004 removes any distinction between day and night parking of motor homes, occupied or not. Indeed, the risks are no different day and night, and any specific prohibition of night is illegal. Case law has since condemned the discriminatory ordinances, the Administrative Court of Pau has indeed stated in 2008 that it was "indeed a general and absolute prohibition for motorhomes to park with overnight occupants on the whole community. "
    HOW TO WRITE BYLAWS?
    A municipal ordinance prohibiting parking a vehicle category must specify the rights and elements of fact justifying the decision (Article L. 2213-2 of the General Local Authorities Code). The measure must be based on need (significant disruption due to traffic or parking) to be seriously motivated, they must be proportionate to the disorder that it intends to prevent or to which it wishes to terminate, then it must be limited in space (specific geographic area) and time (eg seasonality).
    LIMITING ACCESS TO PARKING MOTORHOMES BY PITCH BARS IS ILLEGAL
    The proliferation of bars in height at the entrance of the parking is extremely damaging to the practice of the camper. If they are not always the main target, the camping car are affected primarily by the binding and often illegal devices that do not give a good image host. The Highway Code specifies that the pitch bars are pre-signaling of an obstacle and must be strictly limited to this use (low trees, bridges, parking garages entries ... inaccessible to campers). The implementation of pitch bars is illegal even for the materialization of a parking ban has been a municipal ordinance

• Registered Users Posts: 15,795 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

Enquiries made to the Senior Executive Officer of Roscommon County Council indicate that the section in bye-law banning the overnight parking of motorhomes was enacted as a direct result of lobbying by caravan park owning interests.

This is nothing new. I once stopped in Fanore Co Clare. Seeing all the no overnight parking signs I was planning where to go for the night. Some surfers ask me if I was staying & told me to ignore the signs as there were put up by the local campsite owner :D.

Later in the evening some lads suggested that I move the van further into the dunes & away from the signs. In the morning the signs were gone - someone had cut through the poles. I spent a brilliant week there & met some really nice people - lot of campers from Galway.

I also know of a another campsite owner who has been known to bang on the side of vans parked by the beach & telling them to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

dorts wrote: »
    Just to let people know,Buncrana town in Inishowen are setting up an aire type facility this season on a pilot scheme.Good to see a forward looking council.I will keep boards informed as I get more information.

Thanks for that Dorts. We are planning on staying at home this summer. A few days in Donegal will hopefully be on the cards and I'd certainly like to go support this venture if we are in that neck of the woods.

Appreciate it if you can keep us up to date.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 bo.jangles

Is there any one on here that could write a strong letter we could copy or counter sign and send to the TDs for Roscommon and to the Minister for tourism high lighting some of the points raised. I would love to do something but am useless at putting in on paper.

bo.jangles wrote: »
    Is there any one on here that could write a strong letter we could copy or counter sign and send to the TDs for Roscommon and to the Minister for tourism high lighting some of the points raised. I would love to do something but am useless at putting in on paper.

What we really need here is the formation of an organisation similar to the CLC in France.
    This organisation includes manufacturers, retailers, rental companies, users. I know we don't have manufacturers here but we have the rest.

The mission of the CLC is to defend the interests associated with the use of campers in all its aspects and especially the reception of such vehicles, parking them, their environment, the rights and obligations of users, the administrative and technical regulations and taxation.

The CLC also are involved in actions to promote development and understanding at national, regional and local representation by governments, government agencies and officials of the requirements of motorhomes.

It is the CLC who are spearheading the legal actions against local authorities in France who might unjustifiably put restrictions on the movement and parking of motorhomes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

bo.jangles wrote: »

At a MH rally at a Roscommon racecourse about 3-4 yrs ago, Michael Finneran TD and then minister of state welcomed us all down and said what a great boost we brought to the local economy. Things must have changed, He's not a TD anymore (I think he's a racecourse manager) and they dont want motorhomes:confused: There's certainly a County Council team that should be lobbied and make them explain their reasons for their actions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I wonder how strictly it would be policed. I suspect it would not be.

Have yet to get any hassle for parking overnight anywhere, signs or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭WildWater

What we really need here is the formation of an organisation similar to the CLC in France.
    This organisation includes manufacturers, retailers, rental companies, users. I know we don't have manufacturers here but we have the rest.

The mission of the CLC is to defend the interests associated with the use of campers in all its aspects and especially the reception of such vehicles, parking them, their environment, the rights and obligations of users, the administrative and technical regulations and taxation.

The CLC also are involved in actions to promote development and understanding at national, regional and local representation by governments, government agencies and officials of the requirements of motorhomes.

It is the CLC who are spearheading the legal actions against local authorities in France who might unjustifiably put restrictions on the movement and parking of motorhomes

It would be great to have such an organisation here and I would certainly join and give time to it. I am not really interested in joining a club to go on rallies but I would join a club that had an active campaign for the provisions of Aires in Ireland. Unfortunately, I cannot find one. Anyone know of a club that is active in this space?

Outside of that how feasible is it to establish a new lobby group?

Outside of that how feasible is it to establish a new lobby group?

I do not know but if think of trying to set one up count me in

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jakejudy123

Just to let you know there has been a lot of publicity about this topic on local radio Shannonside in the last few days. I sent them an email and will be talking on the show tomorrow in defence of motorhomes. It would be great if some of you could send emails to joe@shannonside.ie between 9am and 12 noon in support of campervans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Old Timer

WildWater wrote: »
    It would be great to have such an organisation here and I would certainly join and give time to it. I am not really interested in joining a club to go on rallies but I would join a club that had an active campaign for the provisions of Aires in Ireland. Unfortunately, I cannot find one. Anyone know of a club that is active in this space?

The only group or club that I know of that was succesful in locating an airs was, the Munster Motorhome Club, they lobbied local Co.Co. officials for an aires at Askeaton, Co. Limerick. Perhaps they need new blood to continue their fight for aires in the Munster region.

If you read the article above it was not the camp site owner who made the ridicules suggestion but his buddy Councillor Tony Ward http://www.roscommoncoco.ie/en/Services/Corporateservices/Local_Representatives/Athlone_Electoral_Area/Councillor_Tony_Ward.html

• Registered Users Posts: 15 jakejudy123

I was supposed to be on Shannonside Radio fm104.1 today to discuss above but it was postponed until tomorrow morning at 9.30 ish. In an article in Westmeath paper the councillor in question said "the big concern that I had was in relation to the sewage and refuse (from the campervans) where is that going. Is it going into the River Shannon". !!!!
    he really knows nothing about campervan people does he. I really think everyone involved in the camper van community should contact Roscommon County Council just email them at customerservice@roscommoncoco.ie and ask for it to be passed on to the relevant councillors meetings.

Letters can also be sent to local paper roscommon herald as follows:
    editor@roscommonherald.com.

It really doesnt affect me personally as I am from Roscommon and do not holiday here but I am disgusted at the attitude towards us campervan owners who are a band of very responsible people on the whole.

sent e-mail to minister of tourism office also copys to Roscommon c.c and to Roscommon TDs Luke Flanagan TD, Denis Naughten TD , Frank Feighan TD.
    Ministers office said
    matter has been passed on to relevant dept.
    Denis Naughten TD
    Thank you for your e-mail which I have referred to the County Manager requesting that he make direct contact with you regarding this matter
    Regards.
    Nothing from others.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭zambo

hi
    Maybe they would be better off inspecting the boats on the shannon,not all of which have holding tanks for sewage.I know of several barges which have marine type heads which pump directly overboard which are still in use.
    yours zambo

Advertisement