Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

De'Longhi Magnifica Bean to Cup Espresso/Cappuccino Maker £199

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Aldormanndiobla

I have one of these, love it...

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭joe250

I have been looking at this for the last 3 months waiting for a price drop.
    I just purchased one now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dogre

I have a Magnifica Bean-to-cup machine for 4 years now; cost €400 in an amazon black friday sale at half price. It makes beautiful coffee which is always complimented by visitors. I have just bought one of these for my sister as she is a coffee lover and this is a good price.

If you like coffee, get one of these.

I usually get my coffee beans from http://www.discountcoffee.ie/

I have no connection apart from being a customer. My personal favourite is the http://www.discountcoffee.ie/sumatra-mandheling-coffee-beans-4-x-1kg Sumatra Mandheling but there are cheaper options.

Thanks Sub430 for the alert.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭Barr

Its up to £220 now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I have had this model for about 5 years now it replaced a Gaggia machine that died after about 3 years use.

I find that if makes nice coffee which is a nice temperature if you drink it black but if you add cold milk it becomes too cold for me and it needs 20 seconds in the microwave.

About 18 months after I bought it, it developed a problem and the grinds weren't being swept into the waste box properly resulting in inside of the machine being very messy. I'd just moved country and the local service agents didn't even reply to my emails looking to get the machine serviced.

The machine still has the problem, for months it can work fine and then for months it's a mess inside. I have never been able to identify what causes it, taking out all the removable parts and cleaning well has no effect.

It still carries on regardless, I wish at this stage it would die so that I could justify buying a different machine.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dolallyoh

I bought it from amazon 1year ago for 280. Recommend it. I use coffeemojo.ie, esp their fazenda pantano.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Back down to £199 if anyone is interested.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 717 ✭✭✭rubberdiddies

I bought one of these a while ago

I find when making a plain coffee it's never hot enough. Anyone any tips?

Lattes are fine because it's easy to eat the milk

It looks like this model has been replaced by a newer version thus the cheaper price.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Delonghi-ESAM04-110-S-Magnifica-Espresso-Cappuccino/dp/B002ID1XXK/ref=dp_ob_title_kitchen

Do they actually make Americanos? I'm just looking at the comparison table at the bottom and it says it doesn’t :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭loopymum

Barr wrote: »
    Do they actually make Americanos? I'm just looking at the comparison table at the bottom and it says it doesn’t :confused:

An Americano is just a black coffee isn't it?
    I don't see why it wouldn't?

I have a Tassimo, seriously considering one of these:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,521 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Very few bean to cup machines do a proper Americano (i.e. dispense most of a mug of hot water, and then top it up with espresso) and those that do are expensive. Strange really, as some of the more expensive machines that make automatic lattes etc should be able to do it no problem if the makers bothered programming them. I've just bought a commercial grade machine originally costing a few grand and that doesn't do it! Most machines "large coffee" programme simply passes water through the ground coffee for longer, which doesn't produce the best taste purists would argue. Of course, it's nearly as easy to just do it semi manually - dispense the hot water yourself from the steam wand, then use the espresso programme. One thing to note is that, on all but the most expensive machines, the amount of ground coffee used by the machine for an espresso shot is not really enough to get a decent sized mug of medium to strong Americano; i.e. unless you like your coffee weak, you'll need to dispense two separate espresso shots.
    I have a Tassimo, seriously considering one of these
    The Costa "Americano" pods for the Tassimo are quite unusual (in a good way) - they make a decent size mug of strong coffee in one go.

The Costa "Americano" pods for the Tassimo are quite unusual (in a good way) - they make a decent size mug of strong coffee in one go.

I use those alot and the Carte Noire Intenso, are the bean to cup as easy to use as the Tassimo?

loopymum wrote: »
    I use those alot and the Carte Noire Intenso, are the bean to cup as easy to use as the Tassimo?

Truthfully, no. Rather more maintenance required I'm afraid! Weekly cleaning, regular descaling, etc.

I just bought it there. This machine has got some real good reviews.

This will be a replacement for my dolce gusto which I have at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Truthfully, no. Rather more maintenance required I'm afraid! Weekly cleaning, regular descaling, etc.

Which is literally dropping a tablet or solution into the machine and turning it on. Wait 20 mins and it's done

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

hfallada wrote: »
    Which is literally dropping a tablet or solution into the machine and turning it on. Wait 20 mins and it's done

plus the "Nespresso's" and I presume the other pod machines have to be descaled too.

And brew group removal and cleaning, occasional lubrication, infrequent o ring replacement and, depending on machine, ideally some minor disassembly to clean parts not on the instructions. Hey, I don't mind that (I'm on my second bean to cup) but it IS more than a pod machine, which is the question that was asked.

I ordered one on monday night and got it this morning(used super saver delivery). Its an impressive machine for its price. Although not the most quiet bean to cup I have seen. But excellent for its price. Its €350 in currys on special

Great Stuff, just bought another as a 50th birthday present for a coffee afficionado. Thanks again Sub430 and Zimmerframe.

• Advertisement

I ordered one on monday night and got it this morning(used super saver delivery). Its an impressive machine for its price. Although not the most quiet bean to cup I have seen. But excellent for its price. Its €350 in currys on special

Did you have to pay extra for the super saver delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Wally Runs

I find when making a plain coffee it's never hot enough. Anyone any tips?

1. Pre-heat/warm your cups, I use the first flush from the machine when switched on or the kettle.
    2. Mine has heat setting, set using some combination of switching on and off and holding buttons down. Have a look in the manual.

Did you have to pay extra for the super saver delivery?
    "Super Saver Delivery" is the term Amazon use for free delivery.

Just hope that it continues as, as of yesterday they have dropped super saver delivery to a number of European countries.

invest4deepvalue.com

Do-more wrote: »

Just hope that it continues as, as of yesterday they have dropped super saver delivery to a number of European countries.

Crap! I hope they don't drop it to Ireland, I buy loads from Amazon

loopymum wrote: »
    Crap! I hope they don't drop it to Ireland, I buy loads from Amazon
    Yeah, I used to buy loads from Amazon but went to place an order this morning and found that they had dropped super saver delivery to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal or Sweden.

:(

invest4deepvalue.com

Yeah, I used to buy loads from Amazon but went to place an order this morning and found that they had dropped super saver delivery to Belgium, Denmark, Finland, Gibraltar, Iceland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal or Sweden.

:(

That 1 letter is so important

• Registered Users Posts: 64,548 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Bought myself a birthday present :D

Thanks OP and others for bumping this!

I cant see them dropping it to Ireland. Free shipping is cheap enough to Ireland, as they post most of the stuff in Ireland using An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,826 ✭✭✭ozmo

Bought one of these last month (well the black version) - really great machine.

At the end of the 1Kb bag of Espresso Magnifico Lidl beans which I'm sorry i didn't buy more when they had them - so keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone has anymore recommendations for beans :)

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

ozmo wrote: »
    At the end of the 1Kb bag of Espresso Magnifico Lidl beans which I'm sorry i didn't buy more when they had them - so keeping an eye on this thread in case anyone has anymore recommendations for beans :)
    How much were the beans in Lidl?

Ikea have whole beans in the food shop after the main tills, they are €2.35/250g so €9.40/kg.

I'm a bit out of touch with Irish prices, so not sure how good value they are but I think it's reasonable. No connoisseur, but I always found their beans perfectly drinkable, some other cheap beans can be very sharp and bitter.

invest4deepvalue.com

Advertisement