Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortage rates

• 04-08-2020 6:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭

I caught the end of the Matt Cooper show last week and some guy was talking about some mortage crowd coming to Ireland and they were going to undercut our banks rates by nearly 1% intrest. Does anybody know who these guys are?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭Thephantomsmask

Avantcard

• Moderators Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Undercutting the expensive banks by nearly 1%. Think the rumoured rate was fixed rates below 2%, which is fantastic, but no detail around the make up of what mortgages qualify for that. Either way, banks look to be reacting. PTSB are reducing their variable and fixed rates (though they're only bringing them more in line with what UB are already offering), and UB (who probably have the best rates at the moment) are giving an extra €500 (on top of the €1500 they already give) to new mortgages.

Interesting to see what Avantcard offer though. I'm a year into a good 5 year fixed rate with UB, but a <2% rate over 4 years would save about 3k+. Switching would probably cost around €1700 + whatever the breakage fee is. So costing less than the 3k savings, but not worth outlying €2500 now to net ~€1k over 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭kokiyou

and UB (who probably have the best rates at the moment) are giving an extra €500 (on top of the €1500 they already give) to new mortgages.

I am in process of filing with UB, is there a public official posting from UB on the extra 500 euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,696 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

When are they open to the Irish market?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭brisan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 12,352 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

kokiyou wrote: »
    I am in process of filing with UB, is there a public official posting from UB on the extra 500 euro?

Might be just if you switch your current account also.

https://digital.ulsterbank.ie/personal/mortgages/switch-your-mortgage.html

Ring em, ask.

Advertisement