Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE 2 No Signal

• 02-06-2019 6:34pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Having issues with RTE2 on a Amiko Mini Combo from the Kippure mast 30km away with a uhf loft aerial, All other Saorview channels are 93% Signal strength and 90% Quality, have done a transponder scan still doesn't make s difference!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

What issues are you having?
    How are the other channels carried on that same frequency as RTÉ2, i.e. TG4, VM1/2, RTÉ News Now?
    What are signal strength and quality readings for that mux/frequency?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Mav11

Hi all,

Having issues with RTE2 on a Amiko Mini Combo from the Kippure mast 30km away with a uhf loft aerial, All other Saorview channels are 93% Signal strength and 90% Quality, have done a transponder scan still doesn't make s difference!

Any ideas?

Hi all, having the same issues with RTE2, TG4 and VM 1&2, not VM3 or RTE1.

Same setup as the OP except with an external aerial. The issue is intermittent but becoming more frequent.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanks
    Mav

Mav11 wrote: »
    Hi all, having the same issues with RTE2, TG4 and VM 1&2, not VM3 or RTE1.

Same setup as the OP except with an external aerial. The issue is intermittent but becoming more frequent.

As above, what are signal strength and quality readings for that mux/frequency?

Have you checked the cable connections between TV and aerial?
    Aerial may require a small realignment?

The Cush wrote: »
    As above, what are signal strength and quality readings for that mux/frequency?

Have you checked the cable connections between TV and aerial?
    Aerial may require a small realignment?

Hi Cush

I presume that the mux/frequency are the yellow and red bars. These can go from zero with no signal, to 100% when the signal kicks in. As I said the problem is intermittent.

Would aerial alignment cause that? I would have thought if the aerial was out of line I would not get a signal at all, or RTE1 and VM3 would also be unavailable?

Thanks
    Mav

Mav11 wrote: »
    I presume that the mux/frequency are the yellow and red bars. These can go from zero with no signal, to 100% when the signal kicks in. As I said the problem is intermittent.

Is there an amplifier anywhere in the system?

• Advertisement

Is there an amplifier anywhere in the system?

No amplifier, straight from a dish and aerial on the roof to an Amiko mini combo box. Worked perfectly with no issues up to a few weeks ago!

Thanks
    Mav

What's the signal like when connected directly to the TV?

What's the signal like when connected directly to the TV?

Telly is too old, needs the Amiko. I think it may be a transmitter issue as there is no problems with it this evening and other posters seem to be experiencing similar problems.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057983967

Thanks
    Mav

Advertisement