Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

construction cost projections

Options
  • 10-06-2019 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭

Any thoughts on whether construction costs are likely to continue to increase, plateau, drop..? (During the next few years.)

Bit surprised by the estimate I got for an extension (2k per sq m). Hadn't realised costs had increased over the last few years.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Any thoughts on whether construction costs are likely to continue to increase, plateau, drop..? (During the next few years.)

Bit surprised by the estimate I got for an extension (2k per sq m). Hadn't realised costs had increased over the last few years.

Its been 2k for quite some time now. Its higher depending on the spec.
    What level of finish is the quote for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

Not sure. Estimate during very early stage, not anything resembling a quote yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

sounds high to me. is that dublin area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭s7ryf3925pivug

co limerick. It's before vat. Asking around it sounds like you can get good, turnkey-ready work done for half the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭mcsean2163

Considering an extension.

Hearing about building slowing down but not seeing it around Dublin. Are prices still sky high?

• Advertisement
Advertisement