Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite rolling tobacco?

• 16-06-2010 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

I always found that dark blue Drum is the only tobacco I can smoke consistently. The downside is the amount of un-rollable, un-smokable twigs per pack.
    Old Holborn is nice too but has that fruity twang that I tend to get sick of.

What's yer favorite? I'd love some suggestions for branching out :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

I always found that dark blue Drum is the only tobacco I can smoke consistently. The downside is the amount of un-rollable, un-smokable twigs per pack.
    Old Holborn is nice too but has that fruity twang that I tend to get sick of.

What's yer favorite? I'd love some suggestions for branching out :pac:

I like the Drum aswell. I'm the exact same as you in that it's the only one I can smoke consistently. I started out on GV and Amber leaf but there's something about them. I think Amber leaf tastes kind of bitter. Golden Virginia isn't too bad but I prefer Drum as it seems smoother to me.

I've never tried Old Holborn but I've heard only good things about it.
    I keep on forgetting to try it everytime I go to buy tobacco.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,631 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

I always favoured Old Holborn and the sweet molasses flavour. I always found the quality of the tobacco to be higher then Drum (Duma), more leaf and not so much 'branch'. The leaf cut tends to be longer then other RYO tobaccos which makes for a less dusty smoke for those that use roach rather then filter.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Winger G

I think the Old Holburn felt like it was 'burning a hole' in my chest.

Maybe I like it a little lighter, but I think that by far the best rolling tobacco is 'Cutters Choice'.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ChristOnAStick

I know what you mean about Amber Leaf, I always described it as being like smoking second-generation tobacco.

One brand I used to be especially fond of was Van Nelle zware shag, from Holland. It was incredibly strong, but that only meant I was fully satisfied after a skinny rollie. Yum :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

I'm on Golden Virginia and i won't be turned. I don't like the smell of Old holborn or Amber Leaf.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Evolute

Golden Virginia is my favourite.
    I have tried Drum tastes like crap and makes me feel sick when I'm hungover.
    Amber leaf just tastes horrid.
    Cutters choice would be my second choice.
    Never had Old Holborn that will be on the list next time:p

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Javajunkie

Cutters choice mostly these days, have the odd batch of amber leaf if they dont have cutters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

i'v sampled them all even pipe tobacco rolled up :(

cutters by far the best followed by amber

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭whitts

golden vagina followed by old halborn, lovely stuff...

drum is ****, tastes like ****, rolls like ****, and is full of big branches...

golden virginia ftw!..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭minister poxbottle

forgot to mention rizzla skins only i find theres a funny taste off the like of zig zag ,swawn, etc.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

When I take notions of having rollies, it's usually Cutters' Choice, or else Golden Virginia.

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Ruski

Golden Virginia.

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Amber Leaf of Golden Virgina. Got some of the latter in France cheaply (€7 for a 40g pack), so smoking that atm. Amber leaf in one of those small boxes is my usual, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

I like Drum Bright Blue.....
    whitts wrote: »

golden virginia ftw!..

o_0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Evolute wrote: »
    Golden Virginia is my favourite.
    I have tried Drum tastes like crap and makes me feel sick when I'm hungover.
    Amber leaf just tastes horrid.
    Cutters choice would be my second choice.
    Never had Old Holborn that will be on the list next time:p

gotta agree ben smoking golden virginia 4 years now, and I smoke a normal loose i get a heada che I smoke that Im grand other tabacos like drum and stuff i find very accrid.. tho i find golden virginia drys up quite easiily so i all ways my 12.5 g packs and stick ina peal of apple to make shure it stays damp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 Ilph

RYO "Excellent" - Vanilla flavor. I have to import it from Germany though as I can't seem to find it here. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

I'd definitely go for Amber Leaf, followed by Cutters Choice. Drum (both light and original) is full of little branch like things and doesn't seem to smoke as nicely. I can't stand Golden Virginia either. To be honest though, I'd say if I starting smoking any brand I'd eventually start to like it and hate everything else, tobacco seems to work like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Crapcom

My favoriteIMG_0050_1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭jennytightlips

samson is my fave;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭Flojo

Been smoking Amber Leaf a lot lately. Must try Golden Virginia sometime!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭White_Wolf

I mainly smoke Drum dark blue, though somtimes I smoke amber leaf. I used to hate the taste of amber leaf but it seems to grow on you after a while. Must give Golden Virginia a go, I have heard good things.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Cant stand GV personally. Tastes real funny to me. Pretty new to rollie smoking though, so haven't experimented much. Got a pack of light blue drum atm. Much better than the dark blue stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

whitts wrote: »

golden virginia ftw!..

I've found that Golden Virginia smokers are very vocal in their hate for Drum. I though it was just my friends but in this thread the GV smokers are very vocal. Where most people just don't like a brand GV users seen to think that Drum tastes like satans excrement.

Saying that, I'm a Drum smoker. Was on the "golden vagina"(gonna use that now, childishly hilarious!) for ages until a friend who was also previously on the leaf told me to buy a pack of Drum. He insisted that I'd be hooked by the end of the pack. Just to show him up I bought a pack but surely enough....

This is the same friend who said that you can use candles instead of a Wii sensor bar. We tried it to make him look stupid but once again we were the wrong ones!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,897 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,551 ✭✭✭Eroticplants

Amber Leaf forever!
    I can't smoke anything other then that.
    All Drum just have such a heavy taste and smell, blach.
    Golden Virginia just taste horribly like cigars.
    Got a 10 packs of 50g pouches of Amber Leaf in Belgium for 40euro so I am HAPPY OUT for like the rest of life really! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

I smoke Cutters choice. When i first moved to rollies i smoked amber leaf but i cant stand it now, it just tastes dry, stale and fake. Cutters choice is nice and smooth and it's very rare that i find any twigs etc in a pouch. Not a fan of drum or golden virginia, they're too dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

Golden virginia :D:D
    or amber leaf if shops not have the good auld GOlden lol :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

jay93 wrote: »
    Golden virginia :D:D
    or amber leaf if shops not have the good auld GOlden lol :D:D

I started out on the GV, but I prefer the milder taste of the Drum. I sometimes smoke Old Holborne now thanks to this thread. It has a nice tang to it. You should try it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

My choice is amber leaf rolled in a the packet of papers you get in the pack (They put some crap on the packet of papers:D) with a rizla filter tip.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Amber Leaf followed by GV.

Advertisement