Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry: New Dawn

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,465 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

15-30 hours according to the internet, but that's probably not a bad thing. Couldn't finish 4 or 5.

That's a fine length, 4 and 5 were way too long. Never finished 4 and 5 became a slog by the last 3rd. Cool, might give this a go then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Could be completed is 10-15 hours I'd say.

Traded in AC Odyssey and got this, very happy with my choice. Only early on but loving the stealthing, treasure hunting, base fixing and quad biking. Mad to get stuck into more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Traded in AC Odyssey and got this, very happy with my choice. Only early on but loving the stealthing, treasure hunting, base fixing and quad biking. Mad to get stuck into more.

The prepper stashes are oddly the best part of the game.

Capturing and releasing the bases and the repeatable excursions give the game a bit more length. Worth getting the bases to level 3 for the materials you get.

Absolutely loving the motorbike with side car, any idea if i can customise it at any point?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Absolutely loving the motorbike with side car, any idea if i can customise it at any point?

Nope, vehicles can't be customised

Nope, vehicles can't be customised

Aw boo, especially as I came across a red bike and sidecar in the world and it looks like now i'm stuck with the rusty form anytime I spawn it, not cool Ubi. Other than that, loving it. I got a free gold double barrel sawn off from the ubi store that I've been wrecking people with and I never use a sawn off in shooters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I have a question about upgrading versus crafting for anyone that knows:
    Does upgrading simply add damage to the weapon? Or does it also change the tier? So for instance could I upgrade an epic (purple) into a master (gold) weapon?

It adds damage you can keep upgrading after the highest tier. As long as you have the mats.

But tbh once you reach a certain part and acquire a certain item, you wont bother with most weapons.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,949 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Really loving the game. Even the enemy spawning which initially irritated me has become more than welcome because enemies are target practice for the various weapon challenges. I did find myself crafting weapons lower than I could just for the sake of completing those challenges though but still have most of my weapons at master tier at least. I prefer Far Cry 5 only marginally simply because I think the story presentation in that game was better whereas New Dawn is more about gameplay. It's actually kind of sad looking at ruins that used to be thriving locations. It speaks to how well crafted the world of Hope County was that I remembered many of the locations from the photograph side mission.

btw also got the infamous Anger Management trophy and it's every bit as annoying as people say it is. Why is takedown, melee and eden wrath all on R3? Clearly, that's not a smart idea for obvious reasons. In the end I did it on a low level expedition mission where I made myself get caught and waited for the A.I. to spawn and gather together. It was so awkward and contrived.

Worse.trophy.EVER!

Advertisement