Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Knock runway blessing

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Still can't figure out why the mother of god/himself chose to appear in some rain sodden field out of all the places in the universe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I get off from work early on Fridays and then usually head to the gym. I'll probably meet friends for dinner later. Maybe a few drinks outside if it's still nice.

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is a hill of beans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is a hill of beans.

Worked out fine for the heinz family

• Registered Users Posts: 23,442 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Wasn't there a case in Cork years a go where some locals said they saw statues moving and the world's media descended on the county.

I'd say that was mortifying.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Don't knock it until they fly it...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

Wasn't there a case in Cork years a go where some locals said they saw statues moving and the world's media descended on the county.

Don't you mean de-mortifying?

The only way this could be more Fr Ted. Is if the 1994 Castletown Donkey Derby was happening in the background

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

These politicians are all in it for themselves.

You can be assured Varadkar will keep that holy water as his own personal stache to dip into should he find himself in any future adverse scenarios involving vampires.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ipso wrote: »
    Still can't figure out why the mother of god/himself chose to appear in some rain sodden field out of all the places in the universe.

They didn't. It was the gable end of a church. Allegedly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The moving statues was a nationwide phenomenon.
    Quite bizzare. People would hold vigils at grottos around the country and swear blind they saw herself moving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

Sardonicat wrote: »
    They didn't. It was the gable end of a church. Allegedly.

Still bloody Mayo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Obviously just a bit of craic, some people need to lighten up.

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

There is a new theory that it might not have actually happened after all. Totally unsubstantiated of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 the1eyedsnake

Michael Ring is such a cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 27,844 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Tis handy for the Yankees to keep the Russians out.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 693 ✭✭✭The Satanist

Whatever

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

This coming on the coat tails of the Hail Mary being Ireland's favourite prayer at the Ploughing, Fr Ted was art imitating life.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,378 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

topper75 wrote: »
    There is a new theory that it might not have actually happened after all. Totally unsubstantiated of course.

There's a not-so-new theory that it was a projected image from a magic lantern. Mary was unusually quiet and static during her trip Mayo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Force Carrier

Interestingly, one of the prohibitions in Abrahamic religions is the worshipping of idols.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Would leo accept a gift off the Scientology cult???

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

The only way this could be more Fr Ted. Is if the 1994 Castletown Donkey Derby was happening in the background

miss ellie is taking Ciaran into the bushes bahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Or the Timoleague Pig races, highlight of the Summer festival

This coming on the coat tails of the Hail Mary being Ireland's favourite prayer at the Ploughing, Fr Ted was art imitating life.

You're not even kidding...

Ireland, 2019

https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2019/0919/1076950-favourite-prayer/

Great marketing strategy by failte Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Jonybgud

Great marketing strategy by failte Ireland.

Evidence of collusion between church and state again.......:mad:

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,731 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Interestingly, one of the prohibitions in Abrahamic religions is the worshipping of idols.

Inasmuch as I despise many aspects of Islam, at least they don't go worshipping burnt pieces of toast or tree stumps with supposed images of holy people.

Inasmuch as I despise many aspects of Islam, at least they don't go worshipping burnt pieces of toast or tree stumps with supposed images of holy people.
    (annoying islamophobic mouse voice)

The sufis do!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ruraldweller56

Some of the cretins on here (not just this thread) would give the DUP a run for their money with the sectarian crap. But sure I suppose it can't be sectarian when it's only Catholics are on the end of it.

Sometimes it's as if I've logged on to some sevco supporters forum.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Some of the cretins on here (not just this thread) would give the DUP a run for their money with the sectarian crap. But sure I suppose it can't be sectarian when it's only Catholics are on the end of it.

Sometimes it's as if I've logged on to some sevco supporters forum.

If you think they're all as nonsensical as each other, how are you being sectarian?

Advertisement