Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Average gas bill?

• 01-02-2011 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭

hey,

Moved into 3 bed duplex properly on 7th of dec and we're getting our first gas bill on the 14th of feb! Its the only bill we haven't gotten yet and bit nervous what to expect- so we've been tryin to not have the heating on too much.

We've electric cooking so our gas bill will just be for heating.We've had the heating on say 1.5-2.5 hrs per day on avg. A few days not at all. Max we had it on a few days for 3/4 hours when it was icy.The place keeps the heat well enough.
    what are peoples avg bills?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭TaraR

We have recently moved to a 3bed house but in our last house 2bed bungalow we had the heating on near enough all day from 9am to 10pm during the bad winter period . I was a bit scared of what it would be but to my suprise it was €122 which i thought was really good concidering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Hi OP, I'm sure if you ring Bord Gais, they will be able to give you an estimate or an as of now quote so that you can plan for your bill accordingly. i have a 2 bed duplex and the two month period from mid Nov to mid Jan cost me 135 euro (that's also including 2 weeks I was away in December and had it just turned on for an hour during those days).

It was probably the most expensive bill I got in the 5 years of living in my property but you have to remember if your heating is thermostat controlled, during the record cold spell in December more heating was required to achieve your selected room temperature setting so your bill charges are not necessarily determined by number of hours you had it turned on (ie the same number of hours on a plus 10 degrees day would burn far less gas units than when it was minus 10 degrees day like before Christmas). Your bill is determined by number of gas units used.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭jillyb

hey

That puts my mind at ease! yeah we have the thermostats turned to 20 degrees as the plumber said the avg is about 22 degrees.

Thanks

Advertisement