Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Strictly Come Dancing 2019!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cheryl rumoured to be taking over from Darcy, all I can say is WTF does she know about ballroom dancing or any dancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,179 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Cheryl rumoured to be taking over from Darcy, all I can say is WTF does she know about ballroom dancing or any dancing?

I think she did a bit of ballet and other dancing growing up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

THAT woman is being rumoured for Darcey's job? THAT woman?

Seriously, what is the world coming to?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1d7bh7.jpg?a431832

That woman makes Ashley Roberts look like Shakira - and that says a lot.

If Ashley got the job, I probably wouldn't be inclined to watch the show - but I'd still follow it on here and on other *reliable* sites. But in the (surely) highly unlikely event that that ridiculous rumour turned out to be true, and THAT woman got the job... well, I'd stop following the show altogether. Plain and simple. :mad: :o

I'd probably consider it one of the worst moves the BBC ever made, too. And that would say a lot as well. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13,376 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

I think she did a bit of ballet and other dancing growing up!

I've danced my entire life but it still wouldn't qualify me to judge a professional competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

About as much as she knows about singing without autotune Liz , sfa :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

THAT woman is being rumoured for Darcey's job? THAT woman?

Seriously, what is the world coming to?!?!? :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

1d7bh7.jpg?a431832

That woman makes Ashley Roberts look like Shakira - and that says a lot.

If Ashley got the job, I probably wouldn't be inclined to watch the show - but I'd still follow it on here and on other *reliable* sites. But in the (surely) highly unlikely event that that ridiculous rumour turned out to be true, and THAT woman got the job... well, I'd stop following the show altogether. Plain and simple. :mad: :o

I'd probably consider it one of the worst moves the BBC ever made, too. And that would say a lot as well. :o

Won't be happening. Thankfully

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    About as much as she knows about singing without autotune Liz , sfa :D

Did you watch they greatest dancer, she does know a bit about contemporary dance but not ballroom.

There's a rumour on the Strictly Facebook page that Darcey's ex ballet partner might have been approached.

I think it should be Natalie Lowe or Aliona Vilani.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,821 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Postgrad10 wrote: »
    Did you watch they greatest dancer, she does know a bit about contemporary dance but not ballroom.

No , didn't watch it tbh .
    I think it should be one of the ex professional dancers that should be a judge , or at least considered way before Cheryl Cole , or whatever name she uses now is .

• Registered Users Posts: 84,957 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I'd say Anton is eager to do it, begging the door down to get on the judging panel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

I'd say Anton is eager to do it, begging the door down to get on the judging panel

Not an Anton fan

He'll not get it. He's still needed for the pro dance.

It's called fake news. Publicity for the tour.

Pasha and Rachel are expecting a baby. Lovely news

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I don't see the appeal of this at all and it's not needed, it'll be too much like the voice now, the judges should be that and judge... from a far...

Eh it’s all right when the join in on a group performance and Craig is just about ok in that ( he does the exact same Charleston move in every group performance). At least Shirley can dance.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,616 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

I love seeing the judges dance on the RTE version so maybe it'll be fun here too.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Do they dance with contestants as suggested on Strictly or do you mean group dances like Strictly ?

• Advertisement

Catherine Tyldesley who played Eva Price in Coronation Sreet is meant to be in talks with producers!

Catherine Tyldesley who played Eva Price in Coronation Sreet is meant to be in talks with producers!

I piggin hope she does it. And gets partnered with Anton.

Yeah I actually thought she’d have been in last years Strictly. Would be great for Anton to get someone who can bend ( in his own words)!!

Yeah I actually thought she’d have been in last years Strictly. Would be great for Anton to get someone who can bend ( in his own words)!!

She says she has two left feet!

Oh great !

Still think we could dye Katie Derhams hair, spray tan her, and give her a new name.

Daily mail is reporting Harry Judd as top contender to take judging role. I don’t know about that, it should be someone from the professional dancing world. I was thinking Natalie Lowe, Aliona Vilani or someone we don’t know. Harry is my favorite past contestant and I was even watching his Vienesse waltz yesterday on YouTube and commenting on his actual dance skill as opposed to Joe Sugg who danced to the same song this year. But Harry as a judge, I really don’t know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

Daily mail is reporting Harry Judd as top contender to take judging role. I don’t know about that, it should be someone from the professional dancing world. I was thinking Natalie Lowe, Aliona Vilani or someone we don’t know. Harry is my favorite past contestant and I was even watching his Vienesse waltz yesterday on YouTube and commenting on his actual dance skill as opposed to Joe Sugg who danced to the same song this year. But Harry as a judge, I really don’t know.

Oh no.....hope they dont make another mistake like Aleisha Dixon.....needs to be a professional of some sorts to carry some weight with me

Yeah it really should be a professional. I thought Alesha was just ok, certainly wasn’t terrible as judging but why take her on and get rid of Arlene Philips I don’t know.

• Advertisement

Pasha and Rachel got married over the weekend. Congratulations to them both.

Advertisement