Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Storm Hannah : Fri 26 - Sat 27 April 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I'm almost afraid to say it at this point, but still some strong gusts here where I am in Cork City. Trees just bent over in a gust now. Similar to what we get in winter, but the leaves malemor more severe. Time has become longer between them.

Quite a bit lower down then the airport but still close, we usually get the same weather as the airport where I am.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A big come down on windspeeds on TAF just issued from Shannon forecasting gusts up to 42 knots from now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Hopefully whoever is hogging the lahinch surfshop web cam gets a virus in their computer and it shuts down over the next few hours......

Like im missing a goid show ahhhh

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Lots of damage in West Clare, several long standing trees broken too! One of the most powerful storms Ive seen for a while

Where in Clare are those trees?

East Clare?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Still nothing in Galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭thomil

Can anyone tell me what's going on with Aer Lingus 890 at Cork Airport at the moment? Looks like it's just taxiing around waiting for a break in the weather.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

A big come down on windspeeds on TAF just issued from Shannon forecasting gusts up to 42 knots from now.

No, from midnight on. From now on its gusting to 60kts.

thomil wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what's going on with Aer Lingus 890 at Cork Airport at the moment? Looks like it's just taxiing around waiting for a break in the weather.

Go to the Aviation section

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Gusts to 9 pm still below the earlier 62 knots. Even the rooftop station at the Cliffs of Moher is gusting 58 knots, albeit on the increase. Highest Ballybunion Buoy gust still 69.knots. It's looking significantly weaker than models had progged for this time. So far...

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭aisling86

thomil wrote: »
    My friends parents are on it. Yup waiting for wind to die down I'd say

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭xabi

Ryanair from Gran Canaria 20 minutes out from Cork now, reckon he lands it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Keep an eye on Finnis Buoy, just east of the Aran Islands. Currently gusting to 57 knots.

https://twitter.com/FinnisBuoy/status/1121869965911625728?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

Some pretty powerful gusts here in Clare. Bricking it as old roof and a few of the tiles not so great..... Hope stays intact. It is as red here as ever was a red.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Dublin

Becoming very windy on Friday night and for a time on Saturday morning. Southerly winds will veer northwesterly and reach mean speeds of 50-65km/h with gusts of 90 to 110 km/h.

Valid: Friday 26 April 2019 23:00 to Saturday 27 April 2019 10:00

Issued: Friday 26 April 2019 21:00

Updated: Friday 26 April 2019 21:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

xabi wrote: »

Ryanair don't like diversions it costs Michael O Leary money he/she will land it alright plus the wind isn't that bad now even though 2 Aer Lingus flights went to Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Gusts to 9 pm still below the earlier 62 knots. Even the rooftop station at the Cliffs of Moher is gusting 58 knots, albeit on the increase. Highest Ballybunion Buoy gust still 69.knots. It's looking significantly weaker than models had progged for this time. So far...

I think it is very hard to judge as area the strongest core of winds are coming ashore is very spare with synoptic stations.

If Mace Head was in the bulls-eye of the strongest i'm sure would be above 70kt..

Looking at obs I'll punt for it to get the highest official ob gust in next few hours

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,829 ✭✭✭Cork Boy 53

aisling86 wrote: »
    My friends parents are on it. Yup waiting for wind to die down I'd say

Yep my friend is also on that flight. Was due to depart Cork at 6pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,097 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Shannon gusting 64kts at 9:30.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Lots of damage in West Clare, several long standing trees broken too! One of the most powerful storms Ive seen for a while

Pics?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

The gfs was spot on with this.
    Never too severe but windy enough!
    The icon was ott

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Lots of wind in Ennis at the moment, I'm in a fairly sheltered area but there's a lot of wind out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭Cork Lass

xabi wrote: »

He’s just turned away

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭P.lane78

In a holding pattern now

Shannon tower just told Ryanair aircraft wind gusting 60 knots up to midnight diverting to Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

Was really not too bad here, 1 tree down in the garden, and a power cut. Not a storm I will remember, we have had far worse up here.

Pressure now 993mb 10.1c

600 FT asl - McGillycuddy Reeks - Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

dharma200 wrote: »
    Some pretty powerful gusts here in Clare. Bricking it as old roof and a few of the tiles not so great..... Hope stays intact. It is as red here as ever was a red.

keep safe

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

DIF wrote: »
    keep safe

West clare is rocking, I feel for the crows and all their work done on the nests.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

The kids play house, which I figured would be find wedged into the corner of the garden, is a goner.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,990 ✭✭✭xabi

P.lane78 wrote: »
    In a holding pattern now

He/she not giving up just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,416 ✭✭✭embraer170

A colleague was on tonight’s Dublin-Farranfore flight, which got cancelled. They put passengers on a coach instead. You would have to wonder if that is such a great idea with all the stay off the roads warnings around.

Advertisement