Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA UFC 3

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well that's gonna ruin UT for me so, as you say it will just be loads of Jon Jones sighh..

Snoop on KO Mode is great - hopefully they put Faber on it with him. The mode itself didnt really appeal to me though as you couldnt play it online so it was more just a bit of craic if you had friends over who didnt know how to play the game and this meant they could just fight without having to try learn all the buttons and moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,468 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Career mode needs more than just a 'how do you respond' to this fighter, oh you now have 5000 fans, unlock yellow shorts, etc. That will grow stale. They need a low level org for you to build your fighter but I know UFC won't have any of that, hopefully I'm wrong. Build a stable of fights that you are head coach of and can control each guy, I think that's the best scenario for a career mode.

The podcast guys (1 who is a gamer) are super excited about the game and was hugging the dev after their hands on with it. They said the difference between 2 and 3 is massive.

Also, lead dev Geoff Harrower, who released stop-motion with action figures showing the ground game moves in the release up to UFC 2 is looking to do the same for this but to show off stand up. Must mean they really upped the stand up game for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Really hope they don't change the ground too much.

Certain positions are over powered, that's all they should be looking to change. Crucifix, side saddle spring to mind.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

If they worked on the standup and made it more "flowy" (©Artem) then it would be a big improvement alright. It was a great game imo but it still felt like when you got in range of a person it was just a case of both fighters standing still and going between high and low moves until someone was in danger and backed up.

You could parry and dodge but it just didnt all come together. You need to be able to get in, land some punches and back away quickly but be able to get back in again too. This whole stepping forward a couple of steps to engage and a few to disengage just felt a bit slow and boring. Being able to move back and forth maybe at a double step would improve it,(i know you could double tap the direction) not quite run but a burst of pace on the way in and out and if you got caught on the chin while doing it you paid the price.

Great to see people are saying such good things about it already - i am sure if they did very little I would still be all over it on release day saying how great it is just because its a new version of the game but these people seem genuinely hyped about how good it is!

Axwell wrote: »
    If they worked on the standup and made it more "flowy" (©Artem) then it would be a big improvement alright. It was a great game imo but it still felt like when you got in range of a person it was just a case of both fighters standing still and going between high and low moves until someone was in danger and backed up.

You could parry and dodge but it just didnt all come together. You need to be able to get in, land some punches and back away quickly but be able to get back in again too. This whole stepping forward a couple of steps to engage and a few to disengage just felt a bit slow and boring. Being able to move back and forth maybe at a double step would improve it,(i know you could double tap the direction) not quite run but a burst of pace on the way in and out and if you got caught on the chin while doing it you paid the price.

Great to see people are saying such good things about it already - i am sure if they did very little I would still be all over it on release day saying how great it is just because its a new version of the game but these people seem genuinely hyped about how good it is!

Agree with all of that. Another thing that needs improvement is when your opponent is rocked, it's so hard to close the distance. You should be able to swarm faster than a rocked opponent.

I'd love to see new animations for getting rocked. Be great to see some wobbly legs and all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So much to take away from that, needs a lot of views. Footwork and fighter movement looks to be the big thing.

I'm calling in Christmas presents early and gonna book the champ champ edition. It's live on psn to preorder now.

The mother****ing mouse trap is in the game!!

https://twitter.com/EASPORTSUFC/status/926484480897904640

So early takeaways from that short trailer:

They fixed Bisping and McGregor’s character models in a huge way
    CM Punk is back, hopefully rated in the low 60s this time
    The Double Champ gets his own version and a sweet looking cover. :D

I'm a marketing persons dream..gonna buy the champ champ edition over the weekend after watching that..

****ing February 2nd release date or Jan 30th for champ edition, did NOT expect it that early!

They have the new Reebok gear, should help the customisation.

Follow this guy on Twitter of you haven't yet. He posts done great meta about the game.

https://twitter.com/GeoffHarrower/status/926483122270625792

• Advertisement

Yep, definitely preordering the champ champ edition.

Looks like they have increased the damage you can see on fighters from the shot of Conor vs Eddie. In fairness the trailer is a lot of audio from actual UFC fights just dubbed over footage, but damn do they know the right audio to use to get you excited! Well played marketing team, well played..

Hopefully we hear more soon from the devs, but have to say with a release date so soon it makes me even more happy to hear people so excited about it. Means they have a really great game already at this stage and are just putting a bit of polish on it before the release rather than people saying its improved but lots of work to do and we find out that its released in February.

Just preordered the champ champ edition, bit mad but I'm so looking forward to it.

Beta registration is live! Click link below and go to beta sign up at top of the page.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/newsletter

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just preordered the champ champ edition, bit mad but I'm so looking forward to it.

Beta registration is live! Click link below and go to beta sign up at top of the page.

https://www.ea.com/games/ufc/ufc-3/newsletter

Nice one man, after signing up for it the wording makes it seem like not everyone will get in, but it can’t hurt to sign up this early anyway, surely one of us on here at least will get access.

More ****ing hype, career mode definitely seems to be on the right track!!!

Also looks like a new tournament mode to customise a friend's tourney, badly needed.
    https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/ufc/ufc-3

There is information about UT, Career mode and the new features. Also i see a beta sign up.

EARN YOUR WAY TO THE UFC

Earn your way to the big show by starting your career in the World Fighting Alliance. Your performance there will determine your path to the UFC. Make an impression when Dana White comes looking for new talent and you'll quickly find yourself in the UFC ranks. Otherwise, more time in the WFA, or a stint on The Ultimate Fighter, might be required to hone your skills.
    Once you sign your first UFC contract, your ability to accomplish the objectives set out for you determines the quality of your next contract. Better contracts means more cash, and more cash lets you unlock better training gyms where you can develop your fighter.
    Choose from 10 unique training gyms, each with its own fighting discipline specialty, roster of real UFC training partners, and unique moves and perks for you to unlock. Gym loyalty can have its rewards, but to truly grow as a fighter, sometimes change is necessary.

PROMOTE YOUR FIGHTS AND BUILD RIVALRIES

Balancing your time between training to improve your performance, and promoting to increase your popularity, is integral to your success. Too much time spent growing your fan base can leave you outmatched inside the Octagon and being a gym rat can make you a winning fighter no one cares about. As you progress through your career new promotional opportunities will present themselves, or be thrust upon you as you become a star in the UFC. Every opportunity helps you gain fans and increase Fight Hype for your upcoming bout.
    No matter what stage you're at in your UFC career, there is always someone looking to make their name by taking you out. These rivals will call you out through the new in-game social media system. Your responses affect your popularity and the growing hype for a fight in your future.

BECOME THE G. O. A. T.

From your initial fight in the World Fighting Allegiance to your first UFC title bout, your actions both inside and outside the Octagon will shape your career.
    Along your journey to become the greatest of all time, the stories behind the biggest moments in your career are told through new in-game cinematics, including authentic UFC programs like “Bad Blood” and “UFC Minute” hosted by Megan Olivi. Experience the thrill of seeing yourself in your first UFC PPV promo and watch the confrontations at press conferences and weigh-ins between you and your biggest rivals.
    In the new G.O.A.T. Career Mode, each and every choice you make will impact your legacy to become the greatest of all time.

Megan Olivi added to the game..SOLD

Turns out there was a big hands on yesterday and some previews out today.

I read as well as KO mode, there are 2 new modes to go with it 'stand and bang' and 'ultimate Submission'. I was mad for a grapple only mode on the last one and I'm telling ye lads, having a specific grappling only mode will really up your ground game. Also I can't wait to have actual jiu-jitsu fights now!

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2017/11/03/ea-sports-ufc-3-features-retooled-striking-and-a-bigger-focus-on-career-mode.aspx?utm_content=buffer2905f&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Reading that summary of Career Mode makes it sound like one massive dig at Mghty Mouse. :D

“Here’s all the stuff you could be doing to promote yourself outside the cage, or you could just like, keep practising and become a great fighter that nobody wants to watch.”

The concept of power attacks leaving you more vulnerable is very welcome.

Some pics from the trailer.

• Advertisement

Great analysis video from a game tester who was invited to play it a few months back. The vulnerabilities, new movement and lack of parries make it look like the striking will be next level altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Buzzing for this

A new video was shown last night during 217. Some nice moves and graphics in this.

217 spoilers below!!!

Dev confirmed you can get finishes just like
    TJ and Rose KO's.

He said because of the new vulnerabilities, there will be lot more flash KO's until people stop throwing big moves and start fighting smart.

1 of the MMA media mentioned he had about 30 fights and it didn't go decision once. Sounds like you will have to defend properly and hold back on the spinning **** which is great. EA didn't want flash KO's in the last game because people would complain about it being unfair. I'm glad they implemented a system to now explain it.

I just saw a pic on twitter that if you go into EA UFC 2 main menu, there should be a section to buy the champ champ edition of 3 at 10% discount. I'm internetless atm so can't check it. Not sure if it's just US or Europe too.

That footage reminded me of something else that annoyed me in EA UFC. The lack of the ability to apply a submission or sweep off your back to a standing opponent. In one of the previous games, think it was the original UFC games you could apply a sub off your back. So if you get dropped and you are on your back for example and someone comes over and is just constantly kicking you while you are on the ground you could apply a sub/sweep. Or you could also just drop to your back and try lure them in for the same. In the current one if you are dropped and end up on your back they usually just walk over and start repeatedly soccer kicking you and you have no real action apart from trying to block these or stand up.

Yeah you should be able to pull guard again and have quicker transitions in subs.

Got it confirmed that you can get a 10% discount off the Champion Edition of 3 if you buy it through EA UFC 2. That makes it 81 euro instead of 90, only 11 more than the regular version.

Other psn stores in different countries actually let you know this if you try to buy it. I've put in a refund request with Sony anyway so I can get it again on discount, will see what they say.

Only problem with that is if you bought it originally from a foreign store like I did (Canada I think), you can’t get that offer in the game while logged into your Irish account. Will only affect a tiny amount of people but it’s still annoying, there’s no point in me getting the Champ Champ Edition when the bonus content that comes with it will be locked to my foreign account that I never use. :(

Yeah the us and Canada stores are selling it way cheaper than Irish but I put the free premium packs in UFC 2 to good use so didn't mind paying the extra to get on Irish store but I definitely want that 10% discount.

I got my refund off Sony, that was quick! But they put it back into my wallet instead of credit card, hope they can still move it back.

• Advertisement

Sony on the ball, move the money back into my cred card, no issues. Now to ask Santy for psn cards.

Read this from one of the EA Game Changers who playtested it. These guys are usually very critical of what the devs do so I'd believe anything positive they say, not just fanboys.
    Without revealing any hard gameplay info, I can say I loved what I played at the last GC event and I've been in withdrawal ever since. I literally can't go back to UFC2. It would be like stepping back into the Dark Ages out of the Enlightenment.

Brian Hayes, in his interview with Hip Hop Gamer, says something like "Our lead gameplay engineer came to us and said 'I want to totally scrap our standup and start over.'"

And that's the gist of it. The amount of new feature set implementation is insane. I feel like with Madden and other EA Sports franchises, you'll see tiny little strides each year. But with UFC3, you're getting, honestly, a whole new game. It's one of the most substantial sequel improvements in any medium since Terminator 2 (in my opinion). You guys only know about the big things, like the moving while striking and the moving head movement. But there are so many thoughtful layers that have been added. Things you'd only add if you as a developer had passion for what you were doing. Things that might go unnoticed by casual players but that add so much to the game from a depth perspective. Excited for you guys to get to play.

Advertisement