Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Autotrader uk

• 18-07-2008 12:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭

Any one know why Autotrader uk is redirecting to N.Ireland? is this happening with everyone or just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

cheers mate, that seems to be working

No bother at all my fellow corkonian!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭positron

Thanks 'Same As', the NI version of autotrader is cr*p and was really starting to annoy me..! They might have noticed the increase in traffic from Ireland..!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

Are the prices higher on the ni site compared to the british site:p

• Advertisement

Nah its just some sort of domain error I suspect!

Eh Re: the prices,I doubt it??:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

As long as you register with a valid UK postcode, there wont be any redirecting.

It Aint that simple unfortunately....

When you type autotrader dot co dot uk into the address you are automatically re-directed to the northern Ireland website for no apparent reason! The Link above should do the trick until the problem is resolved!

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭foxirl

On the autotrader NI site there is a link (Proceed to UK Site) near the right hand side to take you to the UK site which will not redirect you

Dont mean to be repeating myself but...

http://82.217.168.145/proxy/index.ph...r.co.uk&hl=2e1

that link will take you to the autotrader dot co dot uk site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Yea, I was surprised too, then I noticed this...

hu6ouqbt.jpg

Once you click it and the site places cookies in your browser's cache, you'll be automatically redirected to the UK site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cashmni1

traffic count from a service provider is given to Autotrader and the traffic should be re-directed (depending on source IP) to whatever autotrader site they want. (I think). looks like a marketing ploy to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

It's pretty simple. Once you register with a UK address and postcode, you will not be redirected.
    I registered a uk address on autotrader and set up automatic log in, so when I go to the site my details are all there and it's the .co.uk site. With 416,140 cars for sale at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,642 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

just go thro msn.co.uk :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭vox

• Registered Users Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

foxirl wrote: »
    On the autotrader NI site there is a link (Proceed to UK Site) near the right hand side to take you to the UK site which will not redirect you
    Thanks for this, people can ignore all other suggestions as this is all you need to know....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,999 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Same As wrote: »
    Most people are rightly very dubious of clicking IP address links. (I'm sure yours is fine, btw.)

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement